Place to play for a day in Surrey

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by txyu, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Tim,
    I've just send you a PM with my cell number. Give me a call when you get in and we will arrange something.

2. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    BTW - make sure you get onto HWY 99 - and not HWY 99A (which becomes King George Hwy and cuts through the center of Surrey). I remember at one of the junctions into White Rock the two hwys 99 and 99A exits are side by side, so just be aware.

3. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    It's almost Saturday... have we settled on a time to meet up at the club?
    I'm eagerly awaiting my educational butt whooping from you A-B-C level players :).

4. WilloW

WilloW Regular Member

lol......Almost everyone who plays on saturday night is asian or did you already know that?:confused:

Incase you dont know who I am, I'm Timeless's long lost dbl partner at VRC. I said lost because I only play there on Saturday nights :(

5. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    w00t! Count WilloW in for the festivities as well. And congrats on your first post! I think you have the forum record for longest period of time between registration date and first posting date... 8 months! :D. Looks like Saturday night at the club is going to be very fun and very busy ;).

#45 timeless, Apr 10, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2003
  6. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    we'll try to get there for 8pm. mrs and little badrad will be coming.

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Count Me In Too!

Count me in. It's VRC Sat, April 12th, correct?

8. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Sounds good. Mrs. timeless, WilloW, and I will aim for 8PM as well then.

9. 15Love

15Love Regular Member

software developer, lab tech
    Maybe Mrs Badrad and Badrad junior can play some doubles with us? Mon and I?

10. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Sure, I think they are up to it. We may have to leave though by 10:45 to pick up my other daughter from work so we should try to get in some of the games earlier.

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    TXYU

Finally get to meet TXYU. Tim get a huge smack! Too bad he doesn't live in Vancouver or else we can have more practise.

12. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Pete_LSD - TIM GETS A HUGE SMACK???? What kind of smack does a guy give another guy?:eek:

It was a great turnout - roll call -
    TXYU,
    Viver
    WWC
    Pete_LSD and his bro' Danny
    Marky
    Timeless
    15-Love,
    WilloW
    and me badrad + mrs and little.

Lots of fun. My bad - i forgot to bring the camera last night.:mad:

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Hehe

It was the light kind of smack. Just joking. Tim can muster very hard smashes.

14. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Re: TXYU

Hahaha...Don't think Txyu's g/f appreciate that smack, Pete. :D :D

Gotta say that Txyu do have a great smash. Overall it was a fun evening with most of us playing till 1 am. Txyu gotta start teaching his gf how to play (she was so patient spending 5+ hrs watching us play).

BTW, Badrad, Mrs. Timeless was there too.

15. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    What a gathering last night! Badrad, don't worry, we can come together again for a group picture... except we may miss TXYU.

16. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Vancouver BF.COM Night

WOW~ What a night! :D

4~5 hours of non-stop BF.COM badminton! As badrad already mentioned it was a great turnout. And it wasn't a very busy Saturday night at the club so there was only a few minutes of rest between games at most. By the end of the night we were practically begging eachother to go out and play :D. It was really nice to meet some new BF.COM members such as Txyu and Viver. My games with the BF.COM members were incredibly fun and challenging. The level of intensity of every game was high yet an air of fun over it all. The wealth of skill and experience between some of these members is awesome. After last night, I have a lot to ponder and analyse in my quest to improve. I was personally faced with in-game situations and overall pace that I certainly do not face in my normal games. It was a great educational night and just overall a ton of fun. A bunch of us topped the evening off with a late night snack. We ate and chatted until the restaurant kicked us out at 2AM. We definitely need to do this kind of thing more often! :D

17. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    The batteries were dead in my camera when I tested it before I headed out :mad:. I even tried gathering all the batteries from my remote controls but most turned out to be AAA instead of AA :(. Guess I'll be paying a visit to Radio Shack soon. So... Looks like we'll need to have another BF.COM meet just for the pictures... and hey, we may even end up playing a lil badminton too ;).

18. viver

viver Regular Member

TXYu and Timeless and very good players. TXYu got an aweseome smash. Timeless is very humble here - he possess a very good smash with good power and moves very quickly around the court and fast at the net. Even had a singles game with Frank - my first in x years. It was a very good night of badminton for me as haven't played like this for long. Looking forward for the next gathering. :D :cool:

Today all my body muscles are aching. Don't know how long it'll take me to recover!!:(

19. txyu

txyu Regular Member

Manager Fitness Facility
    If there was any reason I could come up with as to why I play badminton, Saturday night at the VRC would be it. Although I had never met anyone there, it was like we knew eachother for years and years.

You guys killed me. I am soooooo sore it's not funny. It hurts to try and sit down and don't even get me started about getting back up.

5 hours of badminton. I was going in thinking I was gonna play 2-3 tops. Well worth it though. I will have to try and do this more often.

Everyone held their own last night and the level of play was fantastic. Definitely no easy games. Although Badrad always seemed so nonchalant on court. Hits everything effortlessly. :D

Winex, thanks for letting me try the demos. Winex racquets are great!!! I even bought one...but alas, no discount...next time right Winex? ;)

As for my great smack....a good racquet and a few freebies at the net can make anyone look good.

And just to note, for some reason, this weekend was unique. I believe that the people that showed up at the VRC usually don't even play there. It was only because their gym was being occupied by something else that brought them to the VRC. Talk about the right time, at the right place.

Till we meet again everyone.

20. WilloW

WilloW Regular Member

Great games guys, hope we can do this more often.