La Fleche Ti 500 Racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by taneepak, Nov 22, 2004.

1. newbi

newbi Regular Member

website designer for now
    how is the power and maneuverability of the 4U compare to at800 DF?

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It is more powerful than the AT800DE, just as fast and maneuverability just as good. The LF 4U is a real killer at the net or in putting down half court smashes, its shots are steep. It is also very good in drop shots. But I just don't like the colour.

3. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out
    GTA (and surrounding) only

I have email Percy about buying multiple racquets, let me know if you "want" one, I'll see what kind of payment Percy accepts and I might be willing to front up the cash. So far, I have 2 commited(friends). PM me if you "want" one. Shipping charge for UPS ground is about $25-30CAD for a 14lb box(5-6days). The more people, the cheaper the shipping per person.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I played for about 2 hours this evening doing more testing on my LF Ti 500 Super Light 4U racquet. This time I re-adjusted the balance point and weight, with the new type BG66 string strunged at 23/25lbs, to 30.2cm and 86g, respectively. The balance point w/o the string was 29.3cm.
    And what a revelation! I simply find this racquet quite astonishing. It has almost the same wicked power of the LF Ti 500 2U and 3U. But it has more-like lightning fast reflexes and very powerful drives and such beautiful drops. With the heavier 2U and 3U you would be hard-pressed to clear or smash if you find yourself fully stretched. But this lightweight gem even allows you to make attacking clears and powerful smashes even if you are stretched to the limits or find yourself out of position. It is very light too, weighing in a grand total of only 86g, and that includes the racquet, string and original grip.
    This little gem was tested by about six players, three couldn't handle what they consider was its extreme lightweight but the other three were as astonished as I was at its superlative performance. What is astonishing is that its power does not come from a high swingweight, because it doesn't have a high swingweight, and its shots sound like mini explosions with a beautiful resonant sound. Unlike its heavier brother 2U and 3U, this 4U should also be ideal for singles as well as doubles. If you are looking for the best of the AT800DE and AT800OF, this is it, and I think it is even better. But borrow one and test it before buying one. Some may find the extreme lightness of the racquet difficult to handle, especially if they are used to high swingweight racquets.
    I am sold on the racquet. I will now see if I can use a red permanent marking pen to apply a topcoat over this racquet to make it less sissy-looking.

5. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    I e-mailed Percy a few days ago regarding prices in the GVRD, but there is still no response from him. If he is living in Burnaby then may be it is cheaper here and easier to buy the racquet. Is his computer still broken ? :( I am hoping to get his response before the boxing day. (cross-fingers).

6. chobo

chobo Regular Member

Student
    yeah, wut's wrong with that percy guy...he doesn't reply...

7. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    ok, i've tried this la fleche ti500 and i must say that it's a pretty good racquet (for me) as it is very responsive... and value for money at the price.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Same question you've asked. Is it available in S'pore and what is the Ti500 price? :D

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

There are actually two versions of the La Fleche Ti500. One comes in 2U and 3U, has a red colour scheme, a slightly thicker and longer shaft. The other version comes in only 4U, has a light purple/pearl white colour scheme that looks a bit femiline, and has a slightly slimmer shaft as well as a 4mm shorter shaft. Both are based on the "telescopic" 3-section shaft for their wicked smashing and clearing power, and both have the same material composition. Both can be strung to 28lbs but they feel like they can take 35lbs easily. Stringing them at medium high tension of 24/26lbs doesn't make them difficult to handle, even for very young kids and girls, very unlike other racquets. I suspect the bend of the shaft at the front, instead of bending in the middle, in a power stroke takes away the feeling of hardness of the stringbed. The red one is a doubles weapon and the lighter colour one is good for both singles and doubles, the latter one literally allowing you to smash even when you are so hard-pushed with no backswing.
    They are currently not available in Singapore. I believe a few visitors from Singapore bought them in Hong Kong when they were here, just like some of the others in England, Canada and the Philippines. They sell for HK$555 each, without strings but includes a frame-head cover, which is used for warming up, and a carrying bag.

10. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    in response to both Loh and taneepak, i asked my friend to help me buy the ti-500 from hongkong, haha, a true-blue crazy racquet-tester and 'collector'.... mine is 2U as i greatly prefer heavier racquets....

this racquet exceeded my expectations as it is a really responsive racquet, in my opinion, as it generates this shiok 'plonk' sound, a very alive feel to it... that's what i've been looking for. (and similarly found this in ti-10 and at700 as of now...)

but after the clash (no structural damage, but huge paint chip), my heart is like stabbed by thousand daggers manz..... ouch!!!!!

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    My heart also pains after reading your last para. :crying:

Now since you've already used it, chipped the paintwork, when can we 'test' your racquet? Can't really do what taneepak can with his test rackets, the most bewildering one being his bp??? :confused: Wonder what colour is your Ti500? If it is the 'sissy' look that taneepak described and disliked, perhaps this is a good time to 'repaint' for a more masculine appearance? :D

13. WhyrlWynd

WhyrlWynd Regular Member

System Engineer
    i also wanna test the ti500 :) maybe bring it on wed's session? :D

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Aha! Wed session? Kindly reveal venue and time, of course with our proud new racket owner's permission. ;)

15. WhyrlWynd

WhyrlWynd Regular Member

System Engineer
    i think it's better if tcstay reply to this :D he's also the organiser.

16. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    oh, mine is the 'normal' red colour that u see on the bbesports website... not too dark and definitely not pink...

oh yes, i would like to 'repaint' the paint chip part... *bawls*

do you think those experts who do the spray-painting on models can help me? kekeke... thought of going to bras basah and go to the shop to seek help....

17. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    haha, no prob! yoz, btw, you saw me playing even after 1pm yesterday right? even with my sprained back... becoz my friend wanted to test out the racquet, that's why i have to stroke with him... now almost immobilised... haha...

of coz, sure, if Loh doesn't mind the distance and timing, he can come and join us... it will be next wednesday at tampines sports hall 11am-1pm... will post an announcement soon in the forum...

my racquet 'old' already... i really dislike my racq to have paint chips....

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thanks for your offer! Unfortunately poor souls like us have to work to earn a living! So the time isn't quite right.

I've played at Tampines not too long ago, just before Kwun's visit here for our BC gathering. It was our NZ BFer, Explorer 123, who invited us there. As I recall, there are many courts there.

Well, don't be too sad. So long as she gives you good service, a chip here and there should not make too much of a difference. Please take good care of her and she will do your bidding faithfully! :D

19. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    yep, there's plentiful of courts in tampines... i think it's the most in singapore.. but the last few courts have confusing and distracting lines (meant for bball)... so gotta be quick, book early.. haha!

ya lor, actually i kinda expected that. no choice, coz i'm having holidays now... actually i dun mind booking weekend courts, but they're kinda too expensive to worth the money, and also have to book really early to avoid disappointment leh... Jurong East sessions are too far for me liao... too bad...

haha! i can sense that you are a way better player than me... i'll be grateful to pick up a few pointers from you man...

yep, nothing is perfect in this world. a paint chip won't hurt that much over time... and i can see that this is a very strong racquet... won't 'buckle under pressure'.. hahah! ultimate survivor manz... i'll keep it and use it just like my at700 and ti10 unless my friends is extremely interested and dun mind the chip...

20. WhyrlWynd

WhyrlWynd Regular Member

System Engineer
    haha, do more stretching exercise! :p anyway, bring the racket on wednesday, i wanna try it :D