La Fleche Ti 500 Racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by taneepak, Nov 22, 2004.

1. ryeung

ryeung Regular Member

Thank you. I will email Percy and see if he can provide more info.

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    So far i haven't seen any shops in Manila even in Msia having this racket. May try it one day if given the chance.

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    If you are in the Philippines try to call their agent in Cebu City.

4. YY Fan

YY Fan Regular Member

Sales
    Hello Taneepak,

Many thanks for introducing this new racket to us.

It seems you know a lot of Inskysports, are you a salesman of Inskysports instead of a reader ?

5. newbi

newbi Regular Member

website designer for now
    wow... the ti 600 looks like mp88... the new color !

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

No, I am not a salesman for Inskysport. I got to know them thru my former club (St. George's Badminton Club) when I was a committee member in the earlier years. The Club has been buying shuttles from them for close to 10 years, and we had always managed to squeeze them for the lowest prices. If we could so can you. FYI I don't buy all my badminton gear from them, only those that I can knock down to still lower prices. :D

7. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Hey, if you get any info abotu the price or anythign else about the racket, please post!!

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I understand that the La Fleche Ti 500 racquets are also available in Aberdeen at 2047 Badminton Store, located somewhere on Old Main St.

9. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Regular Member

Molecule builder
    The LF Ti 500 is currently being sold for $555 and the LF Ti 600 $680 at Inskysports w/o strings. Stringing the racket will cost an additional $80-160 depending on the string you choose.

BTW tried out the Ti 500 and all I can say is that this racket is fabulous. My smashes were significantly faster and had more accuracy. Even this one guy who was using the Armortecd 800OF commented that this is the most powerful racket he ever came across.

10. Mr. Anderson

Molecule builder
    Here's an not so appropriate analogy on how powerful this racket is.

If the Ti-10 is a machine gun and the AT800OF an automatic rifle, then this one is a .30 calibre sniper rifle.

Tremendous power with deadly accuracy, unlike the other two which have plenty of power but less control.

11. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Sheez.. I just bought a Yonex AT 800OF at bbesport store at Beijing china just 6 days ago. :( I was right there physically. Had I read this forum, I would have seen, hold, and felt the La Fleche racquet.

In Cebu??? Hmmm... I live in Manila and Philippines is an archipelago... can't reach Cebu unless i rode a plane or boat, it is already like going abroad. :(

Anyway, this new racquet might be good, but Yonex is a prestidge brand here in badminton crazed Philippines.. especially the AT 800. This explains why Yonex racquets here is the most expensive in Asia. Many of us ended up buying Yonex racquets elsewhere in asia at up to 70% less of regular price here.

So owning a Yonex AT here will not only give you an excellent racquet, but a prestidge equipment as well. :)

12. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Do you La Fleche Ti500 users have any more information about this racket?
    Eg: Head heavy, weight, recommended strings.......i am planning to buy another racket as a back up for my Tisp Sx, as it is gathering numerous amounts of paintchips due to my bad hitting :D

Thanks

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I did not really check when I bought the LF Ti 500, as I was not interested in its original balance point because I will always change the balance point with the racquet fully "loaded". In other words with the racquet fully strung, original grip stripped and replaced with new grip, some mass of the handle reduced if necessary, and then adjusting the butt end to attain the desired balance point.
    I have tried 3 LF Ti 500, the original 2U version loaned to me by Inskysport, another 3U version a friend of mine bought, and my own 3U racquet. I changed the balance points of all three racquets, bringing improvements to all three. The 2U has a changed balance point of 30.6cm, total weight 94.8g, the second one 31.4cm b/p, weight 91.5g, and my own racquet has a b/p of 31.3cm, weight 89.8g. My own racquet is more powerful than the other two despite its lighter weight. All three racquets were strung with BG66 string, the first one at 22/24 lbs, the second 22.5/24.5 lbs, and 23/25 lbs on my racquet. The two 3U were slightly modified and are better than the 2U in repulsion power. I did not make any modification to the 2U except the balance point.
    I think the racquet can withstand a wide spread of balance point, provided you don't go below 27cm or above 33cm, because it has so much power that you can afford to lose some from any badly adjusted balance point.

14. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

For the People who have E-mailed Percy Pun, did u guys find out the price of this racquet in $CND?

and Jus wondering, is this racquet Long or Standard??

15. proxy

proxy Regular Member

how do you determine the balance points & string tensions to achieve you're desired 'effects' on the racket?
    it seems to me that you can modify a racket just like a gun( ..just an analogy) to suits your playing style..
    kindly enlighten us, this is something new esp. to me ..

16. worms

worms Regular Member

hi ants! If you want to purchase la fleche products in the phillipines jst look for edward cel no. 09176211168 we have all the models of la fleche rackets and shuttlecocks...

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The LF Ti 500 has just come out with a 4U version. I have asked to try it out. I would like to find out how it will compare with my own 3U racquet, which I like to believe is the top dog of the LF Ti 500 pack, well at least it is unbeatable up to now. I might have to find an optimum balance point commensurate with the 4U's lighter weight to get at the ideal sweet spot. I have been given quite a free hand to do some tests, short of breaking it. :cool: :D

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I took my LF Ti 500 and used a tape to measure its length. It is quite a long racquet, measuring about 678mm long. But its shaft is also extremely long, coming in at about 227mm long.

19. Mr. Anderson

Molecule builder
    Well you still didn't answer how you could change the balance points with just the strings alone. I'd love to hear that.

But honestly though, if the balance points were the same on the rackets and the same strings were used at the same tensions, wouldn't the 2U version produce more power? (And more durable right?)

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The strings is only one of many factors that affect the balance point. It may surprise you that having the same balance point does not necessarily mean a heavier racquet will have more power. A heavy racquet with a balance point of say 31.5cm will probably be less powerful than a lighter racquet with the same 31.5cm b/p. But a heavy racquet with a b/p of 28.5cm will generally out-perform a lighter racquet with the same b/p. Besides b/p-and here we have been talking only about static balance point-there is also the perception of swingweight. Somtimes a heavier racquet feels lighter than a lighter racquet when you swing it. The key is determining the ideal sweet spot. Playing and testing with balance points and perceived swingweight help to find this illusive goal. Durability is a moot point here. All the LF Ti 500, whether 4U or 2U can be strung to 28lbs easily, even on 2-point machines.