La Fleche Ti 500 Racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by taneepak, Nov 22, 2004.

1. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out

Thanks a bunch taneepak. I was planning to have my friend pickup the racquets at Luxis, its only 5 minutes away from BP International. But now, I think my friend will be taking a one stop MTR ride to Inskysport. I'll probably have to arrange the details with Inskysport thru email myself. I hope they'd agree to string the racquets before my friend gets there, she only be in HK for half a day on the 20th.

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It is the same racquet whether you get it from Luxis or Inskysport.

3. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Regular Member

Molecule builder
    Err, I meant how do you pronounce that word? (Inskysports)

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I don't really know, but I pronounce it as 3 words, In Sky Sport. The owner doesn't seem to mind, and I doubt he knows, because I guess it is the name of a shelf company he bought into. I could be wrong.

5. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out
    You think? Anyways, you're might be right, It wouldn't make a difference to me, since I'll never be able to tell the difference. I know roughly the price of stringing, but how much are the strings alone, without labour (BG65/66/85/65ti)?

6. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    I don't understand this logic. If he is living next door to you, it would be cheaper because of ??? The price in CDN been quoted and does not include shipping or stringing. Question would be whether it includes taxes (GST & PST).

Shipping should average around $10.00 via Canada Post unless Percy charges extra for handling.

While it has been interesting to read about new racquets, one thing that always catches me is the underlying premise that the racquet will make you a better player :eek: :rolleyes:

A racquet can only complements your level and style of play. As players progresses, they will go through different stages where different types of racquets would be more suitable (complements) the level of play at that stage.

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Yes, it is the same racquet, because Luxis gets all La Fleche stuff from Inskysport. The prices are the same too, else Inskysport would have a lot of angry dealers.
    BG65 sells for about HK$18, BG66 HK$25, BG85 HK$29. I don't know about BG65Ti. Forget about strings other than the New BG66 (the ones that have the words "Great Repulsion"), BG85 and Gosen Tecgut Tour. Both New BG66 and Gosen Tecgut Tour, strung at a high tension of more than 24lbs, would outperform most other strings, IMO.
    Stringing BG65 at high tension of close to 30lbs to simulate some of the New BG66's performance just doesn't work, inspite of what others say. Only the very top level players have the strength to play with BG65 strung at more than 30lbs. At this tension BG65 is at its elasticity limits and behaves like a brickwall whereas at the same high 30lbs+ tension the New BG66 has even greater power and is still not as near its elasticity limits as BG65. In badminton strings, thinner strings rule at high tension, no ifs and buts. Thin strings should be strung at relatively high tension, not less than 23lbs, to get the power, resilience, and control. Thin strings will lose more tension, hence the need to string at high tension. Yes, stringing thin strings at very high tension will see more string breakages than thicker strings. But a month of bliss is much better than 2 months of hell. ;) :D

8. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out

Yeah, I know the racquet is the same no matter which store I buy from. But since all the racquets goes thru Inskysport, they'll more likely have the new batch of Ti500 first. Unless the turnover for the 500 is fast enough to deplete all current Ti500 by mid-January, I'm sure there would still be some old stock floating around. But as you said, I will never be able to tell the difference. I'll see which store will give me the better quote. :D

Is the new BG66 the BG6 "Repulsion Power"?

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The New BG66 has the words "Great Repulsion" whereas the Old BG66 has the words "High Repulsion". The Gosen Tecgut Tour would be equivalent to the New BG66.

10. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    Read "may be", not "would be". You probably can understand this logic.

Don't know how much Percy charges. I haven't got an e-mail response from him.

11. HBI1204

HBI1204 Regular Member

Taneepak.... any idea when the racket will be available in Malaysia... or will it ever...???

12. [Trin]Kenshin

[Trin]Kenshin Regular Member

thx tan, appreciate it. I was in the neighbourhood of inskysport and had a long chat with them haha. Anyway, I was told the feel of the racquet would be slightly different with the new stringing pattern and that they were going to implement a new stringing pattern for the 4U as well. I think they showed me one of the experimental racquets with 4 string-holder buldges (covering the bottom 4 grommet holes on each side; i'm not sure what they are called, kinda looks like a muscle power buldge) and that this version of the 4U Ti500 would cost about $100 HKD more. I had asked about the 3U but was told not to worry since a lot of coaches had said ti500 is quite a performer anyway. Who knows :p, but esp for those looking for a 4U LF be sure to look for which version you want, the slightly modified or not. I am sure they perform similarly but may have different feels to them.

#112 [Trin]Kenshin, Dec 31, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The 4 string-holder so-called experimental racquet that you saw does not have the new grommet change. The new 4U and 2U and 3U of the Ti 500 as well as all other La Fleche racquets will incorporate the new grommet change soon, but as of today none has been produced yet. All LF racquets with the new grommet system will come with a written stringing instruction and stringing pattern in English and Chinese, with specific reference to the change in stringing the cross string that will reduce the normal slack of the cross's first and last strings plus the new "tug-of-war" knotting that reduces both uneven tension as well as tension loss. The stringing instruction will also contain some surprises. :D

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I have no idea. Why don't you ask them at Inskysport@yahoo.com.hk?

15. [Trin]Kenshin

[Trin]Kenshin Regular Member

Cool! Gota give us a scanned version for viewing!! :D

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The current 4U model of the LF Ti 500 differs from its 2U and 3U, in colour scheme, shaft diameter and length, and manufacturing cost. Although the current 4U, 2U and 3U are now retailed at the same price, the 4U will be reclassified as a different model with a model number different from Ti 500 when the new grommet system is introduced, in a couple of weeks' time. The extra HK$100 for the 4U should only apply to racquets that have the new grommet system but should not apply to current 4U model. You may want to check this out.
    The new 4U will have enlarged grommets at grommet #6 and smaller grommets at grommet #7 at the throat end. In contrast, the sizes of the respective grommets of the current 4U are the reverse of those found on the new 4U. The new 4U will come with a written stringing instruction and stringing pattern. The current 4U has no such written instruction,

17. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out

I have email Mr. Tung (or is it Mr. Cheung Tung?) about reserving 2 of the old style 4U for me, $100x2 is quite a jump for me. :) I was hoping to get 3 racquets, strung, for around 1900, not 2100. We will see. :)

18. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Whoh, yoru getting 2 in hk and another one in T.O.? :eek:

19. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out
    Yeah, the one here is for testing purposes, if its as good as Mr. Taneepak here says, I'll buy 1 more 3U and 2 4U. When you get old, and doesn't play as many sports, you'll find that you can allocate more of your money to one single hobby.

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Why are buying so many LF Ti 500? Have you tried the 3U and the 4U? Wouldn't it better to test them out first before buying 3 of them?