CCC Badminton: Friday Social 7:30pm-10:30pm

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewlyw

andrewlyw Regular Member

Hi all,

Sorry guys, i won't be able to make it to yschin's and CCC's xmas party.. has family things on Sat and then I am going away on the 17th for a week. However, I'll make it to supper tomorrow night though..

Cheers,
    Andrew :D

2. andrewghw

andrewghw Regular Member

IT Manager
    Hi Guys,

I will be leaving for Murray river tomorrow and will only be back on Sunday and I will unfortunately miss the farewell party and good food as well.:(

Anyway all the best to you Yschin. See you again soon hopefully in KL next month.

Cheers!

3. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Bet ya the birthday email is automatic, just like your bank sending u a card.

To yschin:

where did u had peking duck?

I might be able to fix this problem. Then again, i won't make a comment in here though, right?

U also said that i would meet Lily Gao for xmas party. So who's invited for that? Is it members only?

Since some member next read this, also some member who "rarely" respond, u never know mate. Word of mouth might make the difference on friday nite. But i won't be doing that cos i usually ask bo bo about things like this.

To Chris:

are u going to bring your guitar for this sat day to rehearse for your big day at xmas party?

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    No.6 for yschin

1) Chris
    Dear yschin, I will let you monitor how many are coming as they post their replies in our thread. Of course, chris@ccc will be the Number 1 coming... and I will bring CCC(Chris' Curry Chicken)... please cook some rice for me.

2) BadFever
    Me number 2 then. I will see if I can take away some Peking Ducks from that restaurant that sent yschin away for not booking in advance, otherwise....errrr....a dozen of Mars bars as suggested by our dear captain hkhung. See you this Saturday.

3) ozheater
    I will bring a bottle of wine and beers, please just prepare a little food for me becoz I will not eat much.:):):)

4) hkhung
    I will be no 3.:confused::confused::confused: Anyway, badfever, it's good that u let people know you are bring your mars bar. So i can bring tim tam. Guess everybody would be needing a all nighter badminton session afterwards.

5) Fuji
    I will bring something else, maybe roast pork or something. Too lazy to cook. :rolleyes: And also a bottle of red la... :p

6) David-Z
    I will attend yih’s party and bring a dish. Could you let yih sheng know that I will come?

#64 chris-ccc, Dec 7, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Friday night, 8-Dec-2006, is our CCC Session#34, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Hi everyone@ccc, [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Friday night, 8-Dec-2006, is our CCC Session#34, CONGRATULATIONS!!! [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Reminder: SUMMER SEASON Membership Fee($20) is due, and our new Session Fee($7 for Member/$10 for Visitor). [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]PS: Existing members do not need to complete Membership Forms. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]We are still welcoming friends of yours or anyone new to join us in our Social Session.[/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Send me an email to ask me for a CCC Membership Form. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]My email address is chris@cccbadminton.com[/FONT] ​
    [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Players are to print out your Membership Form and to fill in your details before you attend. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Players without printer can fill in our printed forms when you arrive. Just ask Llewellyn at the reception desk. [/FONT] ​
    [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]As usual, I will be out coaching on Friday so I won't be replying mails. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]But you can get me on my mobile phone = 0419-542-037. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC Handicapped Competition: Participants are asked to; [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]1. Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier before the night. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]2. Arrive to inform us of your Doubles Partnership, so that our competition boards can set up earlier. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]3. Note: When the attendance is low, Singles Competition will be played instead. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]4. The Selecting Team per MAGNETIC BOARD is to draw empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]5. The Winning Team of the Match is to fill/update the empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Don't forget: We are going for Supper(wine-and-dine) at Kingsways, Glen Waverley, after our session. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]And may more ideas be suggested @SUPPERTIME. [/FONT] ​
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Our Wednesday CATS & B-Grade Social was held on 6-Dec-2006. You can read about it (POST#127) in this link= [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35687[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... chris@ccc

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

If you don't have the latest Melway, please contact me

Hi members@ccc,

Yih Sheng's address (please don't disclose) is found in the latest Melway : 73G8.

If you don't have the latest Melway, please contact me.

Cheers... chris@ccc

7. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Man, i was gonna to say that. Thank you chris for fast response at the wee hour of 3:53am.

Anyway, c u all 2nite.

8. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Kim might drop by too later that night. Hope he does.

Ozheater - If you have any problem , give me a call and I will come and lead you to my house.

Fuji - If your juniors are coming , I have PS4 (?)to keep them entertain. Uncles here will teach them some new tricks which will come handy in future CCCs (Crown's or Chris's ???)

9. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

No more console games...

Hey uncle Hawker StirFly...

If you see what my youngest son(3 yr old) goes through everyday with his gaming routine. You will think his dad works for S*ny, Micr*s*ft and Nintend*. I have all 3 consoles at home and it's still no enough... :crying:

This gameboy gets tired easily and may sleep earlier. I will leave him at home. I will probably bring a karate-kid along to your place. He is more sociable and very cute... All his aunties cannot get enough of his chubby face. I wish I am that popular...:p

Anyway, talk to you tonight... Will probably be a bit late though... Got to work late today.
    And on Sunday morning at 3am as well...:mad: Maybe I will sleepover at your place...;)

PS4? Are you sure mate? PS3 maybe...

Cheers,
    Kee

10. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

To Yschin+doublesPlease:

I will bring my iPod along loaded with mandarin songs loaded.

I've got a FM tuner for my iPodMini, so as long as you got a hi fi with radio i can broadcast my songs.

DoublesPlease, do you have a FM tuner for your iPod?

11. DoublesPlease

DoublesPlease Regular Member

I'd only use it in the car and the radio evidently wasn't designed to mask the shakes rattles pops and some kind of weird growling from behind the back seat so I just wear headphones set to no worries.

Yschin, late entry if there's still room. I can add some drive safe punch and traditional english pork pies if the butcher's open this morning.

DP

12. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    DP - no worries there is always room, I got up this morning and there is already a bowl of punch in the fridge leaving it for me to set the safety level later this evening.

HKHung & DP - I have no ideas what gadget come with my son's IPOD.

All others -( Sorry ..Have to rush off last night to go to Airport today)
    MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR and hope to see you guys soon.

#72 yschin, Dec 8, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  13. kong-19

kong-19 Regular Member

casual worker and stringer
    CCCs. I Shall Return

Hi Christ

Have planned the third week Jan. To defend for the CCC Title.
    Hopefully my friend have room for me to stay. If I have time,
    U can try out these CCCs. " Chan Curry Chicken " &
    " Chan Chinese Cooking " Badfever had tried my Dumpling & the
    " Bakuteh " Roti Paratha & special blended sauce. From YsChin`s idea. I will
    include the " DRANGON BALL " to the Bakuteh to see how the taste
    is like. Unfortunately, I have difficulty to get Dragon Ball here in Brisbane.
    I might have to make an Air order from YsChin before he back to KL.
    My buddies alway say I spoil them with these dishes. However they haven`t
    had the Bakuteh with Dragon Ball yet.

Before I forget, Chris & Badfever. Make sure u have the leather or at least
    a PVC shoes in the car.

To CAPTAIN HKhung.

Have u any upcoming interclubs Tournament between 15-30 Jan 2007 ?
    If there is, can I be of service to your Team ? Thank you.

cheers

14. BK168

BK168 Regular Member

Chris,
    I can't make it for yschin farewell party. Sorry for the late reply. But count me in for the Xmas and NY party on 16-Dec. Appreciate it if someone could give me a lift. Thks.
    YS,
    All the best in your new project in Penang. Take care and keep in touch.

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Lift required for BK168 to our 5th CCC Xmas Party on Saturday 16-Dec-2006

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Hi BK168, [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Welcome to Badminton Central !!! :):):) [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Sorry that you could not come to yschin Bon Voyage Party. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]But I have noted your RSVP to our CCC 5th Xmas Party. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Someone :confused::confused::confused: who could give BK168 (from Clayton) to our Party, please let us know :):):) [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Back to yschin Bon Voyage Party... below are 2 photos DoublesPlease have taken. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Sorry that Fuji and Justin had left earlier. And kong-19 phoned us with Best Wishes from Brisbane. :cool::cool::cool: [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Lots of food and drinks. Watched lots of Badminton (Asian Games @Doha 2006) and a little Soccer. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]I almost dislocated my shoulder while playing table tennis against our 2 Chinese-trained players, David-Z and ozheater. It's because I tried too hard to spin the ball (by looping) with yschin's 2/10 Spin Rubber... Next time, I will bring my own 8/10 Spin Rubber. ;););)[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... chris@ccc

[/FONT]
    Attached Images [​IMG]
    Attached Images [​IMG]

#75 chris-ccc, Dec 9, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  16. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

Hi all,
    I had to leave early as I got some work early this morning.
    Thanks yschin and his wife for the hospitality.
    Yschin, have a safe trip and see you soon when you come back... BTW, M'sia men doubles won the Asian games.

Cheers,
    Kee

17. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

To yschin+ozheater:

Man, the photos are quite big. They are about 2MB each. As I were at my friends' house

What can i do to reduce the size? Can I save it as something else other than JPG?

If worse comes to worse, i will burn you those images on a CD for you on wednesday nite. For ozheater, that would be friday nite then.

18. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

To yschin+ozheater:

Checking back the past posts, i am gonna use picasa to reduce the picture.

Do you want me to reduce the picture to 800x800 so you can post it to the website?

19. ozheater

ozheater Regular Member

Picaca Or Paint

Hi hkhuang,

The best way is that you use the google software "PICASA" if you've already installed on your computer. Another way is that you can use the "PAINT" which is in "WINDOWS" package.

You should open your photos'file first and then you click the IMAGE butten to change the photo size when you use the "PAINT".

Cheers
    :)

20. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

To all CCC member:

I bumped into Ian today at a japanese restaurant on Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn. He said he would not be coming to friday night waverly badminton. We talked of the summer season of competition and tournament. He told me that Kilsythe's badminton court has OK floor. Well, he's the first person to tell me that though.

Also i realise Kilsythe tournament does not have cash prize. Ian was quite astounded with the cash prize of one day comp.

We also talk about christmas party, he told me that Marissa's group did not have one last year. Hopefully they might have one in January.

Also, i bumped into Eric (a wednesday nite social regular) last tuesday at DTBA doncaster. He didn't play and i managed to talk to him in the middle of my game. Hopefully that did not piss off people who were playing with me while waiting for me to finish the conversation.

Might meet him again tonite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.