CCC Badminton: Friday Social 7:30pm-10:30pm

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LChow

LChow Regular Member

Thanks Chris for the X'mas party e-mail. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it on both occasions :(. I have a wedding to attend to on the 9th, and Lisa and I will be away on a trip from the 16th-20th. You guys have fun :)

2. LisaC

LisaC Regular Member

PhD student
    JiNgLe bELLs JiNgLe bELLs....

Howdy everyone!
    Just got home from Sydney and heard abt the xmas celebrations.. wow, u guys really know how to party! :D

For the 9th, i'm still umming and ar-ing.. Laurie's got a wedding to attend to and fortunately it doesn't involve me.. (which means I need to find a date to go out with that night!! ;) )..

For the 16th, we're going away.. though don't ask me where coz it's supposedly my bday surprise... (nb: if anyone can find out for me before the date, and let me know i'd be eternally grateful! the suspense is killing me!! :crying:)

I'll see most of u guys this Friday anyway but for those who I won't see till after Xmas

"MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!"
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Cheerio!

3. kong-19

kong-19 Regular Member

casual worker and stringer

Hi Yschin

I would love not to miss these special named dishes. But, too rush for me la.
    The Dragon BAlls is a nice one. I tried many times, when I was working in
    Taiwan. But not in curry style. BTW, do u have PUPPIES at home or in ur
    next doors ? An extra dish stew " ANJING " in Hakka style would be fantastic.
    This dish not only delicious as food. It`s smell even has the effect to scare
    neighbours` dogs not to come to **** on ur land. My neighbours dogs never
    dare come closer to my home. Give a go, if u are in doubt.

No need to travel to Genting. Guess what ? I already won a free trip worth
    $1000. Last week the CCC " CROWN CLASSIC COMPETITION " organizer
    invited me to the CCC " CROWN CASION CHRISTMAS " dinner party in Brisbane. Among the 100 guests. 3 were rewarded with $500 game chip voucher. And 2 with $1000 voucher. I am one of the 2 rewarded with the $1000 game chip voucher. Very unfortunate, this voucher is not transferable. Otherwise u guys could have a big " Makan " & Chris could have a few
    tripple Cognac XO Special in the CCC " Crown Casion Complex "

To redeem the game chip voucher. I have to present in person in
    " The Place To Be " by the end of March next year. The CCC Senior
    Executives are jokers & crazy. They far over estimate my level.
    To rate me, Yeh Sheng is the MAN.

Now the question is going or not going to these CCCs. Not going, the loss
    is $1000 in game chips. But the biggest LOSS would be no Free Badminton
    at the other CCC. Need Chris to advise though. Thanks.

cheers

4. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Dear yschin:

- Dragon's Balls in curry sauce ( bulls testicles)

How big are the dragon balls, would they fit in my mouth?

- Emperor's behind (deep fried chicken's back - I tried that in M'sia - it is good)

How smelly are the behinds? Actually some people like this part of the chicken a lot, u know.

- Pig's brain soup

what about monkey's brain?

- Barbe caterpillar

To All CCC member:

I met Jacky Chen@JTUltra last nite at DTBA. He told me that he did not see my name on the list given to him by Chris. And he also told me that he already given his own team list to Chris.

All in all, i told him i won't be there so i wish him good luck.

To Captain Smash_1:

Do we have our team list for JTUltra's match or have i been reading the bottom of the page again and missing everything?

5. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

To Andrew Wong, Laurie, Chris and all people who want to play at doncaster:

Did any of u go to the christmas party they had last sat day?

Anyway, I went DTBA last nite and there was a notice about membership renewal. The organiser said after 17/12 you must pay membership renewal before you play in another social session.

Before it was like february was membership renewal but as i found out from Michael (yeah, he finally joined as member), they move the date forward. Just bring more money next time then.

Oh, i also met Raymond last nite (please read the sunday CATS post). I play against him. He improved a lot!

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    kong-19 won a $1000 voucher @CCC

Hi kong-19,

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU !!! :):):)

Looks like you can come back to CCC before the end of March, 2007, now that you have won that $1000 voucher.

And don't forget CCC might be able to provide you with a free airplane ticket to Melbourne as well.

Send an email to me ( chris@cccbadminton.com ), and I will send you Invitations to yschin's Bon Voyage Party and Invitations to our CCC 5th Xmas & New Year Party.

Cheers... chris@ccc

7. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

yschin coming Saturday party.

1) Chris
    Dear yschin, I will let you monitor how many are coming as they post their replies in our thread. Of course, chris@ccc will be the Number 1 coming... and I will bring CCC(Chris' Curry Chicken)... please cook some rice for me.

2) BadFever
    Me number 2 then. I will see if I can take away some Peking Ducks from that restaurant that sent yschin away for not booking in advance, otherwise....errrr....a dozen of Mars bars as suggested by our dear captain hkhung. See you this Saturday.

#47 BadFever, Dec 5, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  8. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Players for JT Ultra Match 15 Dec

Hey HK & all.
    The players selected to be involved in the friendly match with JT group are:
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]- Andrew-N [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]- Jason-F [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]- Jason-K [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]- Kevin-C [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]- Andrew-W [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]- Kee-F [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]- Peter-L [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]- Laurie-C[/FONT]
    - res: Chris

hopefully all are OK for that night, as these are 7 of the 8 that are coming from JT:
    - Jacky
    - Shu
    - Sam
    - Yang
    - Tavis
    - Eric
    - Quinland
    • On the above numbers we will have 4 pairs from each club, giving us a round robin format of 4 rounds totalling 16 games to play. Also will be using traditional scoring as some of the JT group aren't too familiar with the new scoring.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Thank you for your Best Wishes, LisaC

Hi LisaC,

Thank you for your Best Wishes and thank you for taking time to colour the Greetings.

And see you on Friday 8-Dec-2006. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC Friendly Match with JT Ultra on Friday 15-Dec-2006

Hi smashed_1,

Thank you for your update.

Laurie-C might be away (to be confirmed on Friday 8-Dec-2006)... so I might get a chance to play !!! :):):)

And the Old Scoring System is no problem for CCC. ;););)

Cheers... chris@ccc

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

No.3 for yschin

1) Chris
    Dear yschin, I will let you monitor how many are coming as they post their replies in our thread. Of course, chris@ccc will be the Number 1 coming... and I will bring CCC(Chris' Curry Chicken)... please cook some rice for me.

2) BadFever
    Me number 2 then. I will see if I can take away some Peking Ducks from that restaurant that sent yschin away for not booking in advance, otherwise....errrr....a dozen of Mars bars as suggested by our dear captain hkhung. See you this Saturday.

3) ozheater
    I will bring a bottle of wine and beers, please just prepare a little food for me becoz I will not eat much.:):):)

12. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

i will be no 3. Anyway, badfever, it's good that u let people know you are bring your mars bar. So i can bring tim tam. Guess everybody would be needing a all nighter badminton session afterwards.

To CCC member and captain smashed_1:

It's good that your team is all confirmed and that. Since JTUltra is bring 8 players "for sure", the event should make it easy to be organised.

Mind u, when Jacky Chen was talking to me on Doncaster tuesday nite about the upcoming interclub between JTUltra/CCC, he didn't smile very much so maybe he's stressed. Then again, smashed_1, maybe he only smile to pretty ladies!

Oh, Jacky Chen also mentioned he want the top players from CCC though. Guess we must bring our "A game" on 15/12.

Anyway, it would be good fun for everybody!

Still, who's jumpsmash?

Captain smashed_1: Hope you can learn from my lesson in Marissa's comp for not letting everybody know about the old scoring system.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

No.4 for yschin

1) Chris

2) BadFever

3) ozheater
    I will bring a bottle of wine and beers, please just prepare a little food for me becoz I will not eat much.:):):)

4) hkhung
    I will be no 3.:confused::confused::confused: Anyway, badfever, it's good that u let people know you are bring your mars bar. So i can bring tim tam. Guess everybody would be needing a all nighter badminton session afterwards.

14. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Alright, no.4 then. I have to keep up the "good work" to maintain my reputation as the usual counting heads for friday nite supper.

Chris, from the added bule icon, I can already see u frowning usually whenever i stuff up.

ANyway, does anyone know how to post image cos the "insert image" option cos it only give me the option of posting a HTML linked image.

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

jmpsmash@gmail.com is the Badminton Central Discussion Forums

Hi hkhung,

jmpsmash@gmail.com is the Badminton Central Discussion Forums team.

Our CCC Badminton Club team is cccbadminton@gmail.com.

It's good that Badminton Central sent you your Birthday Greetings !!! :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

#55 chris-ccc, Dec 6, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  16. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

I am currently downloading the Doha Asian Games Team Final between China and Korea. I will try to convert to DVD and bring to yschin party. We can then watch how Lin Dan get his butt kick by LYI.

Question to yschin: Do you have DVD player? :p :p :p

17. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Peking Duck - I tried that last Sat. It is good.

Asian games badminton - FANTASTIC - Malaysia whitewashed by Korea , now the rare defeat of Lin Dan.

Yes , I do have a DVD player. The last DVD you gave me , I can't watch it on a DVD player but have to watch it from a computer with a DVD network to TV. The computer with DVD crashed last week and sent for repair - might not be ready.

This party for CCC players only, so far not too good a response. It is the time of the year where you have weddings , Company dinners , parties, school holidays, Christmas shopping etc .Some people have to go to 3 parties in one night. If foods or drinks is a hassle , don't worry - no water rationing in my area.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

LD/LHI Doha 2006 Match on DVD for this Saturday 9-Dec-2006

Greetings,

Thank you BadFever for the LD/LHI Doha 2006 Match on DVD for this Saturday 9-Dec-2006.

Before you watch the Lin Dan/LHI Match, you guys might want to get some insight of the match from this link = http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38700

My DVD player is able to play all BadFever's DVDs. Tell me if you require me to bring my DVD player.

Yes, responses are slow coming in for yschin's Bon Vovage Party and for our CCC 5th Xmas Party.

Are members@CCC not reading their emails ??? :confused::confused::confused:

Please RSVP ASAP... because cutlery, napkins, chairs, spaces, etc, etc, ...... all these are needed to be organised by our hosts.

Cheers... chris@ccc

19. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

Count me in too...

Hi yschin,
    So true, too many party invitations. :eek:
    However, how can I miss your invitation? Need to chat before you leave for M'sia mate... I may go to KL next year and probably need cheap/free accomodation. :D

I will bring something else, maybe roast pork or something. Too lazy to cook. :rolleyes: And also a bottle of red la... :p
    Chat more tomorrow at the Friday's social.

Thanks,
    Kee

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

No.5 for yschin

1) Chris

2) BadFever

3) ozheater

4) hkhung
    I will be no 3.:confused::confused::confused: Anyway, badfever, it's good that u let people know you are bring your mars bar. So i can bring tim tam. Guess everybody would be needing a all nighter badminton session afterwards.

5) Fuji
    I will bring something else, maybe roast pork or something. Too lazy to cook. :rolleyes: And also a bottle of red la... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.