CCC Badminton: Friday Social 7:30pm-10:30pm

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Thanks to smashed_1 for the Results/Info of our match with JT Ultra

Hi smashed_1,

Yes, 3 Cheers for JT Ultra !!! :):):)

And thank you for your Post with Results & Info.

I noticed that you did it at about 10pm. You could have also turned up at our CCC Xmas Party and have some supper and drinks with us.

Anyway, our party was well attended... I think there were about 36 of us. And we finished up at around midnight.

You would be expecting helmut and hkhung to post some photos soon, in this thread = http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38679

Cheers... chris@ccc

2. ozheater

ozheater Regular Member

I'll try to post those photos

Yes, 3 Cheers for JT Ultra !!! :):):)

Attached Files:

3. helmut

helmut Regular Member

IT Consultant
    The Match pictures ...

Here they are (hopefully)
    Helmut

Attached Files:

4. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Well done to posting the photos! Would have wished to be playing singles all nite if i wasn't getting my teeth pulled.

****, Eric Chai was there for JTUltra?!

To Andrew Wong/Laurie/Chris:

Have you play against Eric Chai at DTBA before?

Anyway, I play him before at doncaster and I saw him at Melbourne U comp before with his partner. Man, he is serious when he play comp.

The photo when Kee with his hands down when Peter was serving is classic!

C u all wednesday nite.

To all CCC member:

For a social function, I wonder is anyone interested in going to moonlight cinema?

Any suggestion is welcomed.

5. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Response from JT Ultra

Hi Guys,
    Received this positive response today from JT Ultra following our friendly match - thought its worth posting.....

Hi J,

I behalf of my team want to say thank you for organising this great match, all the team members had great time in the games, and I believe this has been an important experience for all of them.

I am looking forward to invite you all for the return match (around later JAN), and pls bring my thanks to all the CCC players especially to Chris for his kind hospitality.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Best Regards
    Jacky C

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Enjoying Char Kuey Teow @Lorong Selamat ???

Hi smashed_til_4,

Hope you've enjoyed the photos from our JT Ultra Vs CCC Friendly Match, posted by helmut and ozheater.

Will you be playing Badminton soon ???
    Or are you just enjoying Char Kuey Teow @Lorong Selamat ??? :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Our 5th CCC Xmas Party photos will be posted on Thurs 21-Dec-2006

Hi everyone@ccc,

I was told by Helmut last night, at our CCC Badminton: CATS@Waverley Wednesday 7:30pm-10:00pm, that some of our 5th CCC Xmas Party photos will be posted on Thursday 21-Dec-2006.

So, watch out for them !!! :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

8. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

CCC xmas party 2006

These are the photos for xmas party.

As you can see,

- for some reason Jack want me to photo him
    - Andrew Ng decided to dress up as pizza delivery guy.
    - and Helmut took everybody's photo at the "right moment" of sunset, job well done
    - Helmut was very busy taking photos
    - Chris like to offer his expertise at whatever things all the time as you can see from his finger pointing

If you want some more of "people's eating and talking", i will post later.

Attached Files:

9. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Peter, as of the interclub friendly against JTUltra you asked who was Eric Chai?

Here goes, he was in the photo as posted by ozheater: subject "I'll try to post those photos"
    - the first photo from the top, waiting to be served by Kee
    - second photo directly opposite to yourself

As said before he play at DTBA doncaster regularly and i also met him at Melbourne U 1 day comp.

The other photos he was there, but can't see his face, so not much help.
    Hopefully he does not use any name for discussion board to disguse himself. Otherwise, you might have to do a little more of spy work to track him down.

10. andrewghw

andrewghw Regular Member

IT Manager
    Wow! Thanks for the picture hkhung!! 3 cheers to Helmut for the great pictures as well.

And Chris seem to be "GLOWING" in every pictures taken on the Christmas party...hehe

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

YES... how come my jacket is "GLOWING" like that ???

Hi andrewghw,

Hehehe... Yes, I never knew that my jacket could be "GLOWING" like that ??? :):):)

But you really looked like you were from a Pizza Delivery !!!

Cheers... chris@ccc

#111 chris-ccc, Dec 20, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  12. LisaC

LisaC Regular Member

PhD student
    Merry Xmas & Happy New Year!!!

G'day everyone!
    Back home from my 'secret getaway'.. turned out it was Wilsons Prom.. considering the beautiful weather (no smoke in sight!) and the gorgeous views from atop mt. oberon and the magnificent waves at Squeaky beach, I forgave Laurie for keeping me in the dark for so long and also for the long hikes!!.. aside from the realisation that I'm now a year older, it was truly a wonderful birthday present (hint for all you guys!).. ;)

I currently resemble crackling on top of roast pork :eek: .. got severely sunburnt and I was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep or walk around without looking like a crab for a few days.. hehe.. laurie looks like rudolf with his bright red nose.. :D the redness and the pain has gone but I seriously am worried abt the 'crackling look' considering how the festive season is coming abt.. as a first timer, does anyone have any advice on how to treat sunburn?? (a checkout chick in Wilsons Prom told me to take a really HOT shower.. was she mad??!!!) :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway, won't be seeing everyone till after the new year.. have so many x'mas dinners and lunches that by the time i see everyone, I'll prob resemble a beached whale :eek: ... hope everyone thoroughly enjoys themselves over the festivities, drink in moderation and eat to your hearts content! :p Drive safely and i'll see y'all in 2007!!! ;)

"MeRRy ChRisTmaS aNd
    HaPPy nEw YeAr!!!"
    Cheers!!
    LisaC and LChow :D

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Happy Birthday to LisaC

Hi LisaC,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!! :):):)

I thought the Calamine Lotion is the solution to your sunburn...... Definitrly not a HOT SHOWER ??? :mad::mad::mad:

Perhaps, LilyC can confirm/refute my suggestion.
    ;););)

And I also thought...... if you were sunburned, you should look more like a lobster, instead of like a crab. :):):)

Hope you can recover ASAP...... so that we can see you ASAP.

Cheers... chris@ccc

#113 chris-ccc, Dec 21, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Friday night, 22-Dec-2006, is our CCC Session#36, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Hi everyone@ccc, [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Friday night, 22-Dec-2006, is our CCC Session#36, CONGRATULATIONS!!! [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]We are still welcoming friends of yours or anyone new to join us in our Social Session.[/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Send me an email to ask me for a CCC Membership Form. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]My email address is chris@cccbadminton.com[/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Players are to print out your Membership Form and to fill in your details before you attend. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Players without printer can fill in our printed forms when you arrive. Just ask Llewellyn at the reception desk. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]As usual, I will be out coaching on Friday so I won't be replying mails. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]But you can get me on my mobile phone = 0419-542-037. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC Handicapped Competition: Participants are asked to; [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]1. Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier before the night. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]2. Arrive to inform us of your Doubles Partnership, so that our competition boards can set up earlier. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]3. Note: When the attendance is low, Singles Competition will be played instead. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]4. The Selecting Team per MAGNETIC BOARD is to draw empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]5. The Winning Team of the Match is to fill/update the empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Don't forget: We are going for Supper(wine-and-dine) at Kingsways, Glen Waverley, after our session. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]And may more ideas be suggested @SUPPERTIME. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Our Wednesday CATS & Social was held on 20-Dec-2006. You can read about it (POST#135) in this link= [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35687[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]And as mentioned in that POST#135, we want to invite more Social Players to play on Wednesday nights. This is because many of our CATS Trainees will be away for a break. :(:(:( [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Until further notice, 3 courts will be allocated for SOCIAL GAMES on our Wednesday sessions. :):):) [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]So we hope that many of our Friday Social players (PS: LisaC, LChow, ozheater, etc) can attend our Wednesday Social. ;););) [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... chris@ccc[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

15. LilyC

LilyC Regular Member

Sunburn season is here~!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LISA!!!!! :)

I am not too sure if hot shower can help (can probably help you to peel off the dead skin :confused:~:D )

I think aloe vera gel would be better and I know some people also use cooling gel at the same time which can make you feel better, less pain if the burn's really bad~ ;) - give it a try and let us know how it goes :)

16. LilyC

LilyC Regular Member

Hi Chris & everyone@CCC! :)

Looks like everyone's started their X'mas celebrations!!!
    Thought I'd join in as X'mas is only 3 days away~ not sure if I'll be celebrating it in Taipei coz we are going to travel around TW a bit in the next few days before I head back to MEL. ;)

Wish you guys a MERRY X'MAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR ~!

17. LilyC

LilyC Regular Member

Hi Chris!!!
    I think... Calamine lotion is most commonly used for Chickenpox to help with the itch... hm.. maybe Sunburn also can?!?! :D

18. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

Merry Xmas and happy new year everyone...

Enjoy yourself with your love ones and your family.

See you all in the new year...

19. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Hi all ,

MERRY X'Mas & Happy New year to all.

Smashed_til_4 has been banned by Badminton Central for unknown reasons. 4 for dead in Penang's hokkien dialect - killed with a deadly smashed now. I also have the honour of driving a car now with number plate 44.

Great Pics Posted and enjoyed looking at them.

Chay Keow Teow not too bad either but doubled in price and half the amount.

Happy Birthday Lisa, you are very lucky. I only have 2 red eggs for her , fortunately she doesn't read Badminton Central - I don't know about that now??

20. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

more photos

sorry for the long delay, since the last post of photos were received so well, here comes some more

- paul try not to drop my dish at the moment of photo being taken
    - once again, chris offer his expertise at things, it's a miracle that i cannot get one with food in his mouth since he talks and talks
    - people were er ... eating and busy
    - after gathering everybody's birthday to see whose birthday is the closest to the party date (and i was disqualified due to being a past winner), paul's wife - sharon brings out a cake for someone, by the way, does anybody remember who was the winner on that nite, it was the little girl, but what's her name?
    - man, i must be very tired when the photo was taken

Please request if you want more photos!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.