cab explosion.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Dec 29, 2002.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    interesting use of the word communication. i guess we can call that feel or feedback.

i also noticed the same thing. i can feel the birdie better with a oval racket. as a result of the extra feel/feedback, i am inducing more spin and control.

as for the smaller sweetspot, doesn't sound too good on paper, but that hasn't bothered me. with the better feel and control, i actually think that my drives and smash defense is better than when i use a Iso racket.

back to the orignal topic. i think i have mentioned that, previously, the hardest smash i have hit was with a cab20 (CN). today, i think (i felt) i have broken my own record, and i was using a cab22. the explosion from the smash definitely felt very good.

cab22 - oval, regular length, stiff, no Ti, no MP, no frills.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    no ultimum either

3. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys,

I've been playing lots of singles lately. My friend lend me his Cab21 SP because I forgot my Ti-10 at home.

The explosiveness was incredible, it is really concentrated on the sweetspot. My Ti-10 was really good for smashing but I had a lack in the defensive side.

Oval head racquet really gives you a better feeling and if you can hit sweetspot, more power.

So guys, I think I'm gonna stick with Carbonex as long as it gives me all those overall advantages.

4. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    I used to swear by my MP99 until I had a go with my new Cab20JP. Now I can't go back to my 99 for the very reasons in this thread :) The crispness of the oval head is leaps and bounds above that of iso heads. It also emphasizes accurate sweet spot hits, which I should be doing anyways.

I've been converted! You just might see a for sale post in the future for a prestine MP99 :D

5. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    I might just keep my Ti-10 for backup but I'm also converted to Oval-head^^

6. dingolphie

dingolphie Regular Member

IT Manager
    never switched from an oval head myself. Cab21 all the way

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Learning to play baddy with an oval frame is much better than learning with ISO ones, especially if one's really committed to hitting the shots right. Like others mentioned, feedback is amplified by the small sweet spot and denser stringbed. To amplify feedback even more, string the oval frame at a higher tension... making the sweet spot even smaller.

It's a very expensive way of training as strings are even more sensitive to mis-hits. I remember snapping my first high tension setting (BG65@25X27lbs) on a mis-hit after only played it twice. But getting used to BG80@23X25lbs on my other racquets habituated me to higher tension.

Knowing at the back of my mind how easy it was to snap my strings made me more selective about my shots and slowly ease power into my shots. It helped me focus more on timing and not rushing my shots. I think I would have played differently if I knew I could abuse my strings frequently.

8. evolution-Fung

evolution-Fung Regular Member

Clothing
    foshure!!!!!i started out badminton with an oval slazenger racket and moved up to my brothers rox racket which was oval, but damnnnnnnn that rox racket was awesome....i still remember my smashes everytime BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!!!!!!it was so consistent too until the season after that i restrung it because it was getting loose and wanted more from it, the racket was already atleast 9 years old, but i restrung it and damn when i broke those strings in HOLY SHIZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!the smash was awesome, i still remember teh smash with the racket i first did when it broke in the strings, it was like ssssssss-BOOM!!!!!!! and everyone would turn over and look, i was like :eek: !!!!! but after that raacket broke i moved to a prince diamond/teardrop shape....i cant say anything for this racket, because it blows.......then i moved onto my mp-99, first impression this racket sux.....i guess back then i didnt really know much about the technology and stuff all i knew was play....and i was saying how crappy the racket was but i had a friend who was older and played in the mandarin club in t.o and he really liked the mp, i guess i would give it sometime...but even up to now, my smashes i can tell have never been the same as the rox oval racket.....since then i got amt 800 off eh its okay, it can pack alot but no feel. and ive the e-1000 and i guess it can pack alot but its not my racket type.... and so when my friend go back to hong kong this year i ask hiim to buy the cab 30 ms for me, he should be back soon and i cant wait to revive that feeling i have lost 2 years ago..........................

9. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

Die hard user of oval racquet untill I got an AT700...it has lots of power, although my BKi920 (own 2 of them) is easier to manouver than AT700. I still love oval head; I think I'll reserve my AT for single games.

Oval racquet has more "feeling" and "touch" compare to iso I've used (MP22, AT700, Vectran E-1000-->I hate this thing; it sucks). I feel that my drops and net shot are better with oval head.

That's just my observation.

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Has any one suggest Sir DinksALot about using A Cab30ms? Since it has Ti in the shaft, it might hold up to his bear smash. Also, I would like to point out that due to the oval frame shape (or smaller frame) it produce less torq and gives a better control on direction.

11. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    don't think any racket can sustain his torture swing

the upcoming halloween might be hauntful for him with racket souls screaming and whispering around his head on every swing he make :p

or since he is ABC, this year's double july(ghost month) might as well give him a good time

ps. not trying to curse ya :p

12. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Sir Dinkalot has a review of the CAB30MS in the review section & according to that he has stated that CAB30MS is not the racket for him...
    DinkAlot

Posts: 3948 Review Date: Would you recommend the product? No | Price you paid?: Not Indicated | Rating: 1
    Pros: Nice looking racket. Swings fast and easy to string. Cons: No power, no feel. I wonder if I got a defective one.
    My new Cab30MS, had absolutely no pop and no feel. It's one of the worst rackets I've ever hit. So bad, I wonder if I bought a defective one. I had 3 other people hit it and they agreed with me, just no performance of any kind. :-(

13. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

My point exactly. I guess it survive his smashing.

14. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Strange, I have no problem using CAB 30 MS at 26 lbs or 27 lbs.

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    dinkalot prefer sledgehammer kind of rackets;)

16. smashmouth

smashmouth Regular Member

banker
    Finally, a thread that confirms what I've always suspected. I've told a couple of friends about the extra punch I get from my cab 21, but they replied that I just prefer "old school" badminton gear.

Great thread.

17. evolution-Fung

evolution-Fung Regular Member

Clothing
    i finally got my cab30ms! cant wait to try on the courts on thursday...

18. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    i used my old cab9 wtih bg68ti and my wrist power is nearly enough to propel something close to a smash, provided i use the sweet spot

19. morewood

morewood Regular Member

I am a big fan of the ISO system, I still have a Carbonex in my bag as a back up but my last 3 racquets have been ISO’s (a pair of Yonex MP’s (broken) and my current Ashaway), OK so I may get a little more power out of an exceptional shot with the Carbonex but I have more than enough with a normal shot with an ISO.

20. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

same here, after I have lent my Armortec to my friend I took out my old carb7 out. What an explosion if you hit it right to the SS. Sensational !!!