Milo Junior 2007

Discussion in '2007 Tournaments' started by gitee, Jul 30, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    No link.....may be from online news???

2. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    you can check also www.badmintonasia.org and clikc on calender" MILO"..thre is result on first round..

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    So Cisit has beaten Yeung Nga Ting ( joint 5/8 seed)...thats good.....I hope more INA girls for upcoming players...

4. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Malaysian results:

Boys singles just left: Arif and Vountus!
    (Fang Yang lost to Arif Nandang, Kuan KC lost to Indonesian player - dunno his name)

Other categories:
    Malaysian Juniors in BJSS all lost.
    Malaysian Juniors in Asia Juniors' team all won.

Quarterfinals tommorrow:

Arif Latif vs Ashton Chen!
    Vountus vs Indonesia player (dunno who..)

5. huangkwokhau

sales & design

Arif nandang seems upcoming junior players..he was a qtr finalist also I think at asian junior...

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Well, you know... if you live in a small remote hut around XYZ mountain surrounded by rain forests all over the horizon in island ABC [one of the 17,000 islands of Indonesia]... you are very far from civilization as we know it. There is no viable mechanism to record your birthdate. :eek: The INA government allow these citizents to report their children's birth way way way after their actual birth...

Many of the INA villagers when they actually register their child's birth would say something like this: "My child was born 3 days after the Mount Merapi rumble... forgot which year..." or "It was the 2nd day of that heavy rain period which lasted for 4 days... a few years ago"

There are 6 billion humans alive today... maybe 1 billion live in a very civilized setting, the other 5 billion less so... :eek: Let's not expect everyone on this planet to have a Calendar next to their bedside... :p :p :p

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    GS quarterfinals MAS vs. INA

GS Quarterfinals
    1 Maria Febe [Djarum] vs. Tike Arieda Ningrum [Djarum]
    3/4 Vivian Hoo Kah Mun [MAS] vs. Agustin Anneke Fenya [Jaya Raya]
    3/4 Tee Jing Yi [MAS] vs. 5/8 Febby Angguni [Djarum]
    2 Saniru Sanntasah [MAS] vs. Alfa Vivianita [Djarum]

All 4 top seeds in GS are still competing... Now let's see if the 3 Djarum + 1 Jaya Raya challengers can stop them... ;)

8. huangkwokhau

sales & design

:D:D thats right but very sad indeed...hm...... I wish my parent did that to me...make my age, lets say 5 yrs younger....:D:D then I will be just under 35 by now....:p:p:p

9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    So Vivi defeats Cisita then....I smell upset from Vivi over Saniru...

Lets see if Febby can win for first time over Tee Jing Yi after losing 2 times...

Any news on boy single?

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree. Arif Nandang is surely the best Tangkas player in the Under-19 category. :) He will face Pandu Dewanoto of Djarum tomorrow. The winner will take on Abdul Latif vs. Ashton Chen.... ;)

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Today's news from Jakarta Post... [yes a bit late laaah]

Seeds cruise at badminton event
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Yuli Tri Suwarni, The Jakarta Post, Bandung[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Seeded players cruised into the next round at the 2007 Milo Junior Indonesia Open badminton championships here on Wednesday. The top seed in the boys' singles, Mohd. Arif Abdul Latif of Malaysia, led the pack with a convincing 21-13, 21-6 victory over Pualtry Yustiam of Indonesia. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Of the eight top seeds in the boys' singles, only eighth seeded Chao Huang of Singapore lost, falling to Indonesian Nur Rofi. In the girls' singles, top seed Maria Febe Kusumastuti of Indonesia, ranked 96th in the world and a member of the Djarum Kudus club, beat compatriot Yuliana Delis 21-10, 21-12. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Indonesia's Ana Rovita, also from Djarum Kudus, put up a tough fight, but it wasn't enough to stop her losing to third seed Vivian Kah Mun Hoo of Malaysia 11-21, 21-17, 21-19. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Claudia Wijaya of Indonesia upset fifth seed Yi Xin Foong of Malaysia, while Malaysian eighth seed Currier Tiffany defeated Indonesia's Ayu Wanda Tika Wulandari. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Herman Subarjah, head of competition at the event, said Indonesian players had displayed their toughness. "It's interesting to see all the Indonesian players who have managed to eliminate foreign players who are seeded here. It shows our players have talent but they lack opportunities to compete at the international level. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"Looking at their performance here, they are at the same skill level as their opponents," said Herman, who is also an official at the West Java chapter of the Badminton Association of Indonesia. "Since many of them rarely compete in international competitions, it's no wonder they don't have rankings," he said. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The week-long tournament has in the past served as a stepping-stone for rising young shuttlers. Among past winners are national players like men's singles Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Simon Santoso, and women's singles Adriyanti Firdasari.[/FONT]

#31 Krisna, Aug 2, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Info from network

Oh, I got my info from friends... I am not in Bandung today. Actually, most of the time, I just rely on my badminton network... I am lucky to have friends in the major INA clubs... :D The result of being a lifelong INA badminton fan... have been a fan for more than 25 years now...

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Febby

Yes Cisita was defeated by Vivi... We all sort of expected this. Vivi was good enough to represent INA in last week's Asian Junior. Cisita was not yet that highly ranked and experienced...

Febby Angguni is from Bandung where this Milo Juniors is being held. She grew up there, probably still has tons of friends... They will all cheer for her... :)
    [​IMG]

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Krisna, any full qtr line up for BS?

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Arif is the MAS version of TH in his young age...
    Lets see how he performance outside MAS this time...

16. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

some of INA players who didn't pass in age verification test still compete in here :confused:
    If they win in this tournament, will they be sent in next JWBC 2007 ?

17. huangkwokhau

sales & design

Still????...thats scary....:mad::mad: no cheating..pls...

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Jakarta Post article today [not updated with the results of yesterday night's game]

19 RI shuttlers roll on at Milo
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Yuli Tri Suwarni, The Jakarta Post[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Indonesia's shuttlers played well at the 2007 Milo Junior Indonesia Open badminton championship here, with 19 moving to the next round of the tourney on Thursday. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Ten Indonesians will compete in the boys' singles on Friday. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The unfancied Arif Saputro and Andre Marteen Tene stunned their seeded opponents in Thursday's clashes. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Arif beat third seed Fang Yang Lim of Malaysia, 21-14, 21-14, while Andre defeated fifth seed Bang Duc Bui of Vietnam, 14-21, 21-12, 21-18. Along with other Indonesians competing in the best 16 in Friday are five seeded players: Mohammad Arief Abdul Latief, Vountus Indra and Kam Chung Kuan of Malaysia, Yongzhao Ashton of Singapore and Wing Ki Wong of Hong Kong. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Top seed Mohammad Arif Abdul Latief beat host player Seto Danu Kusuma, 21-10, 21-17. The Malaysian will take on another Indonesian, Ari Trisnanto, in Friday's match. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]In the girls singles, nine Indonesians will play in the top 16. Top seed Maria Febe Kusumastuti eased off her compatriot Linda Weni, 21-15, 21-16. National team member Febby Angguni also saw off fellow Noor Alvinasih, 21-14, 21-13. Malaysia booked three slots in the round with seeded players Vivian Kah Mun, Currier Tiffany and Jing Yi Tee.[/FONT]

#38 Krisna, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  19. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Still?!?

Which ones? :mad: If this practice is not strictly stopped, then INA will keep on producing age-cheaters who look good when they're 17 [but actually he/she is 20] and then the real talented pure 17 year old will never go to our National Team...

20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Any results...Krisna???