Fake Armortec 700 For Sale?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by krismash, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Should BC/BF get involved in aiding the trade of illegal goods?
    i.e. theft of items or theft of copyright

Personally, I would say no.

But if it's OK for videos, why not for racquets?

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Videos aren't copyrighted by IBF? Maybe those which have been released on DVD by the IBF. But if not it's no different from recording it on tape and passing the tape to a neighbour to watch it? As long as we're not making a profit off it, I reckon it should be quite safe. *Cough* You know who you are *Cough*

But as for fake racquets... mmm this is a bit controversial especially in this forum. Since we condemn fake racquet sellers who claim they sell originals... mmm.

BUT BUT BUT.

According to the market place survival guide...

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10513

no fake / counterfeit items are allowed in the marketplace

SO, NO ONE SHOULD SELL FAKE GOODS HERE IN THIS FORUM.

Enough ranting.

Cheers!:)

3. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

There's been a few high priced videos released recently or soon to be released that many members may want but not pay for. I've been thinking about whether BF should play host to these files and have decided it shouldn't. One of BF's roles is to promote badminton and the sharing of those videos on BF would cripple the market for them and thus likely prevent future ones from being made. This is similarly true for racquets. Yonex is seeing less sales as well its brand name diluted. This could hurt their willingless to put funds into researching badminton. We're still getting hand-down advances from tennis and golf afterall.

As for tournament matches, sharing them does promote badminton. Although IBF or the relevant hosts may loose some advertising money by not being able to license the videos to broadcasters, this loss is likely minimal. Most of us won't watch it until after it has already been aired, and for a very large (i'd say >90% of us), there is not even premium stations in our jurisdictions that broadcast badminton matches. The videos also give the sponsors of these events greater exposure. Sponsors would thus be more willing to pay for the event, thereby giving some relief to whatever minimal loss created by the video sharing. The net gain for badminton strongly outweighs the loss.

4. jaylhw1

jaylhw1 Regular Member

I just buy an original armortec 700.....then now u all say the fake 1 is almost same wif the real 1,so sad,waste a lot of money...last time i think fake 1 and original 1 have a big different

5. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    What are you trying to say here ?? Did you buy an "original" AT700 from somewhere & then someone said it was a fake or you are just thinking it might be a fake ???

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Pictures and serial plz?

7. jaylhw1

jaylhw1 Regular Member

no!!!!!!!u r misunderstand what i mean,maybe my english standard realli sux lar,haha........i mean i buy a original armortec 700 racket from singapore waste 200 dollars,but u all say the fake at 700 is almost same or even better than the original armotec 700,so i am wasting my money to buy the original at 700,so sad........hai......

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Wow...

#48 extremenanopowe, Jul 6, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  9. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

serious ar ? I can collect it at Yishun MRT or at your block ........
    but how is the condition ?

10. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I had ever spoken with someone who run his sport shop at small city, East Jawa province in Indonesia this May 2006.
    I just quite shocked when I saw many Yonex Armortec 700 (AT700) at his shop ....... how come he has so many ? Somemore the price is lower than AT700 clone from Hi-Qua.
    He told me that AT700 is hot selling coz Taufik Hidayat, Lin Dan and Peter Gade used it, but most of Indonesian can not buy coz the price is very expensive.
    He said that original AT700 (made in Japan) is around SGD 220 and only available on request, so there are 2 alternative choices : AT700 1st-grade and AT700 2nd-grade.
    According to his supplier, the 1st-grade is Taiwan made and cost only SGD60, while 2nd-grade is Malang (small city in Indonesia) made and cost only SGD30.
    The one he sold is 1st-grade only coz the 2nd-grade quality is very poor.

From the looks is similar from the original one, very smooth, has a Yonex hologram as well including the serial number and SP version ........... but if you look carefully the serial number than you find that it is FAKE.

When I asked what is the difference ? His answered again made me shocked ..... THE PRICE

To be franked, you can find easily the FAKE one in Indonesia.
    Just my 2 cents.

11. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student
    i think that there are not taiwan or indonesian made at700. all at700s(sp, cn, th, jp and so on) are made in japan

12. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

- if your statement is correct then the FAKE also made in Japan ? C'mon ...

- IIRC, all the ORIGINALs are made in Japan.

we talked about the FAKE here and not the original .......

#52 maa2003, Jul 6, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  13. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student
    sorry, i didn't understand that the two alternatives you mentioned were fake. btw, somehow you din mention abt chinese fakes cos china is the largest counterfeit producer in the world. plus, fakes especially the more "original" ones state that they are made in japan which of course is not. they are most likely made in china, korea, taiwan or indonesia.

14. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

what is the point to mention Chinese fake ? coz in Indonesia, made in Taiwan is better than made in China.

in my case, at least the shop owner told and showed to me honestly. he mentioned the 1st-grade was made in Taiwan.
    first look it is almost similar to yours TH code ....., very smooth, you will realize that it is FAKE if you see the serial number.

shop owner didn't say FAKE, but NOT ORIGINAL (which is no difference actually).

15. [Massey SS]Dong

[Massey SS]Dong Regular Member

fakes hoho rules

There are currently 4 types of fake rackets:
    1. Made in taiwan, then color paint in Shenzhen (a big commercial city rit across HK) The price is about $40US (easy to spot)
    2. Made in China. The price is about $15US (easy to spot)
    3. Made in Singapore with engraved serial number, just like original $80US
    4. found in Australia, being sold on eBay right now. Everything is the same as the real one except no serial number. $70US

I only bought a couple #3 type from HK

16. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    I'm just wondering where this information is coming from. Is this noted on the fake racquet that you bought (i.e. it has a "made in" sticker showing country of manufacture)?

A fake, regardless of where it's made, is done for the sole purpose of deceiving the consumer in thinking that they are paying for the real product when in fact, it could be of dubious quality, shoddy manufactured and probably do not meet safety requirements and standards. Why? Greed and the ability to get away with it when the product fails. Think about it. If it only cost them US$10 to manufacture a fake and they can sell it for $150, that's a 1500% return right there.

17. [Massey SS]Dong

basically the person or shop that sells the racket will tell you where the racket is made. and because fake racket is so popular these dayz, ppl will just tell you that they are selling fake racket and how much it is. cauz they are making quick money anywayz. someone i know in china sold approx 200 fake nanospeed9000 within a month in Shanghai, isn't that amazing?

18. [Massey SS]Dong

basically the person or shop that sells the racket will tell you where the racket is made. and because fake racket is so popular these dayz, ppl will just tell you that they are selling fake racket and how much it is. cauz they are making quick money anywayz. someone i know in china sold approx 200 fake nanospeed9000 within a month in Shanghai, isn't that amazing? so, if anyone really intend to sell fake racket, then tell us that it's a fake, so that wouldn't be considered as deceiving.

19. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    FYI, there isn't much of badminton factories in TW nowadays. Manufacture in TW and paint in Shen Zhen? It's nearly impossible because: 1. Higher cost, 2. TW is just a "better name and reputation" than "made in China". So, who ever told you that is just making these up because anyone can easily have two fake rackets in hand, and say to people that one is made in Taiwan and one is made in China. Of course people will tend to pick the "better sounded" one, instead of not buying any. This is very commonly seen in all business aspects.

20. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    200 a month? That's too low. At least 10X that number;)

In China, they would never say they are selling fakes. They always say they are selling "Class-A", "Class-AA", or "Direct from Factory" products. That's why they sell fakes so much and so quickly. I recall that I went to a big shopping mall in ShenZhen last month and found out that none of products in that mall is genuine. All the travel bags, handbags, sporting goods, jewleries, ....etc are all in the unbelieveable prices. (a $200USD bag was only $15 in there) Then, of course my local friends told me there is no way those are real ones. There are even policemen inside that mall, which makes me think even the government don't care about those pirated goods!! ( or they don't know about it, as in China, money can buy you everything. Including certificates, licenses, or any "conveniences" that is related to open a business)