CAB 22 supreme...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cappy75, Jan 25, 2004.

1. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Me?? All I remember is a semi-offensive clear to my backhand, and you rushing the net, cooler ... everything else was a blur :D

Try to come down again for Lazybuddy's Vancouver outing ... you can return the favour, hee-hee. Then we can pick on cappy75 after!

-dave

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    So how come Yonex doesn't market support Ti-10 anymore? It wasn't in the 2003 catalogue, and people who loved the racquet were constantly talking about the rumor of it being discontinued. One valid reason might be that Yonex wants to minimalize cannibalizing their own products. Ti-10 has received numerous acclaims from its fans and might affect the new products' growth if given media support. It probably has enough market demands to justify continued production... unlike the CAB22 *sigh*:(.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Yonex discontinued the Ti-10 only in some markets. many places in south east asia still readily available...

btw, i talked to a retailer in HK about the cab22. they said unlikely that it will come back...

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    cab22 is discontinued, that's why bluejeff is hoarding them.;)

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I think I might found a huge store with tons of Cab20Power living in :) (but I will have to call to make sure)

The Ti-10 is still on the Yonex 2004 badminton catalog (released today), exclusively in TW area.

PS: I just got a 20Power today.....it's used, but it's in good condition..... :)
    Time to clean it up and prettify it :)

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Man, is he about to strike the motherlode? Only time will tell...

Cooler - *nudge nudge*

7. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I forgot to mention, Cab22(20P) is very popular in TW. Every store I have been this week, I saw a lot of Cab20Powers are waiting for restringing (pick-up orders).....

I actually ask some of the store people about it, and they say many people consider Cab22 as a in-replaceable racket in TW areas, not Ti10, not Cab20, but Cab22 certainly makes people to believe in it. (One store owner said to me that he thinks the Cab22 is as popular as the Cab21 at old times in TW)

8. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    Interesting - maybe Taiwan is the hot spot for Yonex to dump their old rackets or excess old stock....

Wondering what are my chances of getting an Isometric swing power 900 there...?

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I already got some 900SS and SR here a few days ago :D

10. ayl

ayl Regular Member

ARRRRGGHHHH - 2 less racket I want and having trouble getting!! :(

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I went into Rose in MongKok, HK today. They have cab20, 21, 22 hanging there. All three SP versions.

12. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Do they sell online?

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I am about the give up.....I have called several stores (that people told me they have Cab22), but store owners said they don't.......

Still finding.....but I think the chance is like 1%....

14. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

If what you said about CAB22's popularity in TW is true, then that's where most of the remaining global stocks of CAB22s will likely be.

15. ayl

ayl Regular Member

I am glad I bought one last year - it was an impulse purchase which I though was a mistake back then, but now I appreciate. :)

Still can't get the most out of this racket though! :rolleyes: Lack of skill....

16. Smashguy

Smashguy Regular Member

I deliberately missed the chance to buy Cab 20 Power because:

1. I am not a racket collector. I buy racket which I will play and use. For now, my racket is ISO Swing Power 900 and ISO head racket, not oval racket.

2. I am not a believer of the racket carries old logo is better than new logo.

3. I tried them and swing them but I didn't like the way it felt. That means, it didn't suit me. So I left.

4. In HK, there are many places selling Cab 22 SP with a cheaper price (HK$475-495). So if I change my mind and want to get one, I can.

5. For all oversea buddies who are unable to acquire one, you can ask HK buddies in BF (if you truth them) or friends who will go to HK/TW to buy one for you.

There are many 'old' models of YY available here. Including Aerotus 110/77/66, Ti 7 (2U), ISO Swing Power 900, Ti 10 (2U & 3U), etc...

We always find rackets that we think it is out of stock. We get used to this situation. That's why I didn't buy that Cab 20 Power.

17. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! No offense, Smashguy... but one reason is enough, and you really don't owe anybody any explanation, least of all to me:D. I was kinda in the 'spirit' of the discussion when you mentioned your find, so emotion kinda carried over in my response:p. If I offended you in anyway, please accept my apology:).

#97 cappy75, Mar 13, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  18. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    One of the most important reasons that I am still using old style (and regular length) racket is that, I started badminton with using these type of rackets.

In some days, I might be feeling a little bit off the feelings of long rackets (even MP99), and someitmes I might ned to go back a little using the regular length rackets which is very stable and solid.

So, when my feelings come back (or even feels better) or learn some new techniques, I would be able to use the new rackets again.

And Cab20Power(22) is a good (or extreme?:p) regular length racket in my mind other than Cab-20.

Flow:
    Long ISO Rackets-----if not feeling good---> Long Cab Rackets----->if still not feeling good -----> Regular CABs :)

19. ayl

ayl Regular Member

FINALLY! :)

After 3 weeks of forced return to Cabs (broke all the strings on my Iso rackets and too lazy to restring them) I finally got the hang of using the Cab22.

Tonight everything fell into place and I finally discovered and understood what the hypes were all about.

Cab22 is indeed an amazing racket - suprem power, control and...well, more power! Smack the shuttle in the middle of the racket and BANG! the shuttle propelles off the racket in a mighty hurry and the solid, metallic feel of the racket is simply unmatched by any Iso rackets.

Shame the BG66 broke after 3 games - but the BG66 / Cab22 combination at 26lbs is absolutely magical whilst it lasted!

Am now a happy owner of a Cab22 - yay! :)

20. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! Glad to have another CAB22 believer aboard:D. I might be getting another one soon when my cousin visits from Singapore next month:p. Better add another CAB22 to your racquets-to-buy list, ayl:p. Hell! Add two more! The global CAB22 supply depletes by the day:D.