CAB 22 supreme...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cappy75, Jan 25, 2004.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    That's probably going to be correct :)

I will be wearing black clothes and black sunglasses while dealing :cool:

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    wait until me posting mine pictures and you will probably eat your fingers :p

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    If you want one, you will have to keep in touch with me :)

hint: click on my "www" button :p

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    *cough*

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LazyBud, I would highly suggest you bring along a helmet and face shield for your vancouver trip. Dave did it to me once already;)

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Damn! Guess I have to get used to my CAB22 faster before LB comes to town:(. Was planning to save the cab for feathers and higher level plays only... but may have to use it everytime now. Either that or play against LB:D.

7. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    Amazing how this post is hailing the old Cab22....I've got one and it is one of the least used racket because I just can't get the hang of it! :D

8. nutty

nutty Regular Member

Government Officer
    Haha ayl, I know what you mean right man, it's seriously a tough racket, but oh boy, when you get it right, does it ever kill :D right now I snapped the strings though :( have to get it strung :rolleyes:

9. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Ugh! I think it's more of a timing problem than a strength issue for me. I remember hitting a few warmup clears wwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy out of the court... rest of the time, it's more half-court freebies than baseline clears during games:eek:. No confidence trying offensive clears with CAB22 yet:(. However, Kwun's right about the racquet though... power amplified the odd time I relaxed while swinging the racquet.

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    One thing I noticed about the Cab22 is that, you don't have to use full swing all the time to generate a long shot. Just trying to be relax, and you will get used to this monster. :)

11. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! I know... having only received it the day before, I guess I was really eager to kill the birdie with it on my first outing:D. Have only used it once though, so it's gonna be a long time before I get comfy with it:p.

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    strange isn't it? but that's how badminton is supposed to be played. :)

did you feel the explosion?

do you know that Tony Gunawan was using a cab22 for the first two games in the Olympics final? talk about we are not worthy... :)

13. Smashguy

Smashguy Regular Member

One month ago, I had found 5 brand new 'Carbonex 20 Power SP' (2U/G4) strung at around HK$578 in Sogo Department Store, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. All five rackets carry old logo.

They feel a bit heavier than new Carbonex 22 SP after I swing it several times.

Today, I revisit the store and all five rackets are sold.

14. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Man, I heard all about missed opportunities... this tops it. 5 brand new CAB20Power on display within grasps and you let them go:rolleyes:! Sometimes, we just don't know what we missed until we actual missed it:(.

15. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I still don't understand why Yonex didn't keep a small production of Cab22 as Cab20.....there are many people really like it......

I have heard some rumors saying there are two stores still selling some Cab20Power......but no one knows the locations of shops.....I need to find out more.

16. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

I know this doesn't sound right, but I didn't feel much difference smashing from the CAB20 MS. There's explosion but it didn't exceed my expectation. Perhaps I am still holding back and tensing up when I smash:(. It's still too soon to tell though, I might be able to give it a fairer review after a month's time.

17. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Since CAB22 is an extra stiff racquet, not many people can use it. Just like the Ti10, racquets such as these requires a level of skill and experience to even adequately employ. They are definitely designed with the highly skilled in mind. And those who appreciates them are too few to support its continued production. It also explains why popular CAB20 has been revived... CAB20 is an easier racquet to use and has nostalgic status with the older players.

Yonex's racquet shaft stiffness trend has hovered between a certain point of rigidity, so it won't be so stiff as to render the racquets unplatable for regular club players. Since most of the regular players who come in under intermediate-advance range most likely hasn't had proper training, stiff racquets such as CAB22s won't appeal to them. As those players make up the majority of baddy market, companies will continue to produce racquets with them in mind.

Newbies and high advance players don't make up the bulk of the baddy community so they have less clout to influence the manufacturer. Reason why you have the impression that CAB22 is popular is probably because we got a vocal minority within a minority of the baddy population:D.

18. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Yeah, That sounds right, we have a truck loaded people who like Cab22 here :)

PS: just a side note, the Ti-10 is not out of production.....I just saw a batch of Ti-10 in Yonex Store in TW yesterday, and they are having 2003/6 as the codes.....so they are still pretty new. and all stores still can order Ti-10 from Yonex (according to Store(s))

19. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Looks like I have to stock up on Ti-10s! Easier racket to use than Cab22! :D

20. ayl

ayl Regular Member

All these talk about Cab22 is making me curious about using Cab again. Might break out the Cab 22 for a slog this Sunday. I bet myself I'll go back to MP90 after one embarrasing game of mid court lifts....:rolleyes:

Wonder if my Cab22 at 26 lbs will play better than last time at 24lbs....

Kwun tried your theory on the finger power technique tonight - NEARLY lost the racket on a few occassions but yeah there's a tad more power alright....:)

#80 ayl, Mar 10, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2004