why did LD lose?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by b0urg301s13, Dec 9, 2006.

1. franxon

franxon Regular Member

you said only morons underestimate their opponents. and i say every and each one of us underestimates our opponents sometimes. so according to your logic (if you are correct), no one is not a moron.

didn't you notice that LD looked at a total loss after Taufik established a quick lead in the opening game? didn't you notice that? my interpretation: that quick lead was not expected by either LD or LYB & Co. but did they expect such a quick lead in favour of LD? i bet half of my ass they did.

what does that tell you? if you ever repected Taufik as an equally good player as LD, and never underestimate Taufik, how could you be so surprised by such a lead on Taufik's side? i bet the other half of my ass they were not ready for such an opening at all.

LD taking that kinda lead is no surprising at all and Taufik taking the lead is beyond your expectation? that's called underestimation in my dictionary.

no one else meets your moron criteria more than them i'm afraid. i'd say they are just arrogant and ignorant.

2. franxon

franxon Regular Member

an interesting observation: there was one year or two when LD liked refusing opponent's request of changing shuttlecocks so much. I clearly remember he refused Peter Gade's requests quite a few times in the All England and infuriated Peter Gade in the second game. as the result, Peter Gade resufed LD's request of shuttle changing too and almost overturned the second game. what a fool LD was!

LD enjoyed this bad habbit so much for quite a long period of time and he did this to almost everyone he played with: Peter Gade (the most unfortunate), LCW, LHI, WCH etc...except Taufik. This is interesting and I concluded that in a deep corner of his heart, LD respects and fears Taufik. and i guess Taufik knows LD's bad habbit too so it is also interesting to watch Taufik communicates with LD in a you-can't-reject-me way. :D go back and replay your tapes and you'll find what i am saying is true!

and this is why I believe no matter what the numbers suggest, Taufik never fears LD; and LD is still scared by their next clash though he has more wins.

I admit i did not watch every match LD played but most of the big opens I did watch. and I did pay attention to LD's bad habbit everytime i watch his game since the first time I noticed his embarassing shameful poor-taste hobby.

3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Nice analysis. No wonder LD was so caution in placing the shuttle during the match with TH, if u compare with TH. Maybe tat shows where the confidence lvl is for both players.

4. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Come on.. the only reason you place the shuttles that cautiously is when your opponent manage to return you a far better placement than yourself..
    And LD was confident alright, both have equal chance of winning

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    If TH is the best, the greatest since slice bread, and all naturally organic with no artifical flavoring gifted, why can't TH beat LD first time, everytime?

Some TH fans twist things around, calling LD arrogant while it is TH who is arrogant. Here u called LD a small boy but it was TH who avoided playing LD on several occasions. A boy who whines about not getting 100% of the 2004 OG bonus even tho PBSI had a policy on bonus distribution. A boy who has to marry into a powerful family to feel secure. Should I go on (i have more)?? I thot TH fans knew all this already.

#165 cooler, Dec 12, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^^Hmm, don't want to veer off topic, let's take this to a different thread..^^^

..guys, i don't want to interject or jump in, it's an interesting topic, but let's take this discussion to a different thread-maybe more related to Taufik...there we can discuss, ramble, steam off all we want...
    ...thx and hope you guys won't mind-;):cool:

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

well, i try to talk techincality of the lost but there are too much hot air around here that need to be cool off.;)

8. Turbo

Turbo Regular Member

i think in the top 5 of the rankings, anyone can beat each other. it all depends on small factors like fitness, injuries and LUCK etc...

TH used the same strategy i think in the world championships against LD last year(2005) where TH dominated the net and won. if TH allready knew the key to beat him and that LS's backhand is weak how come he lost to him previously? if ur backhand play is weak, i dont think u'll be the world number one just by ur forehand...

every player has one form or the other an injury of some sort but they dont whine about it do they? they suck it up and play on! if a player is not in form whos fault is it really??

remember that LD beat TH 4 of 5times in a row before losing. I guess beating a player twice makes u feel like a little boy when u face him again.

LD was leading 20-17 in the 2nd set but he lost 22-20. if it reached the 3rd set who do u think would win?

9. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator

maybe the real Lin dan's idol is Taufik, but he keeps it for himself :D

10. eskey

eskey Regular Member

i thot you are already a 'cooler' that can cool you down automatically? ;) :)

11. eskey

eskey Regular Member

to me, that is just purely your assumption :)

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

and my assumptions are often correct:p

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

14. eskey

eskey Regular Member

sorry, out of topic

so far it's only yours, i can not find others.
    I was referring to ".....A boy who has to marry into a powerful family to feel secure". my understanding is, just because to feel secure then he "HAS TO" marry daughter of powerful family? does it mean he doesn't feel secure if he marry someone else not from powerful family? I don't think that is exactly his motive. However, it's your right to have that assumption.:)

sorry...sorry...this is out of topic already;)

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LD lost the match because of TH's many girlfriends

Hi cooler & eskey,

You two are just hilariously funny. :):):)

I actually do not enjoy a subject thread like "Why so-and-so lose/win?".
    I prefer a subject thread like "How so-and-so lose/win?".

We want to know how so-and-so lose/beat his/her opponent.

The ways you 2 are going about... Why did LD lose? is because of TH's many girlfriends...... is just too hilarious. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers... chris@ccc

16. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    yea!!!:p i'm with this!!haha!!:D
    but TH did a great job this time....he defeated 2 other bad boys and a humble one in row IN ONLY 2GAMES EACH!!:crying: :eek:

17. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Hahaha who is the other bad boy? LCW or BCL? :p:p