So who wants to see Taufik not playing?

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by Cheung, Aug 31, 2006.

1. george333

george333 Regular Member

Associate Director
    Why, what did Taufik do Treker?

2. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    I don't think this is necessary. I am sure IBF will come up with some form of punishment to prevent players from walking out of tournaments. It's damaging to the the world of badminton.

3. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Prolly Treker is a Taufik hater. :eek: :cool:

4. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Taufik prolly earned enough, he might think he's too good for badminton.

And when did he walk out of the tournament.

#104 quik_silver, Aug 31, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Cheung and red00ecstrat..

.....thanks for all the pics..sorry, just able to follow up on this thread this morning..
    Cheung, i thought you said you weren't going to take any pics, rather enjoy the match??..hehe;)..
    Anyways, thanks again for the coverage, Cheung..You even ran outside to take a pic of Taufik and his coach walking down the stair..:p ;) :D

#105 ctjcad, Aug 31, 2006
  6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I don't know if this is a "big" deal, but Taufik will have a "bull's-eye"..

If Taufik participates in this yr's WC and meet LinDan again, hopefully he or LinDan will not do the same mistake again. Because for sure, Taufik will arrive in Madrid with a "bull's-eye" on his back..As all eyes will be on him, watching his every move on and off the court...
    I'll say, no matter if Taufik believe what he did was "right" for him or not to play in an "unfair" environment, his actions definitely embarrassed not only his coach, teammates, countrymen, his fans worldwide but also his family..:rolleyes: :p :(

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, Taufik doesn't realize(maybe he did, but just wasn't thinking right) he's playing in an International competition, not some local tournaments/exhibitions...And one which people pay "real" money to see...And my guess is the money itself is probably what the tournament's prize monies are comprised of??..Walking out like that after just a start of the game and acting rudely like he's the "top brass", esp. to a volunteer lineslady, in front of thousands or possibly millions of people, after a close or questionable call is not the way to go..It's totally uncalled for and worst, it's disrespectful to the fans who paid money to see..:p :mad:
    ..Even if Taufik is to compete and if he's able to defend his World Championship title next month(which i highly doubt he will), he will be playing with a "mark" on himself..Hopefully he's embarrassed by his actions and will put forth an apology(if not to the lineslady or to the organizer or to the fans, just like LinDan "sort of" did after the MO incident)..Because if not, he'll be putting more pressure on himself next month..:p :eek:

8. TrueBlue

TrueBlue Regular Member

He should also excuse himself for his behaviour at you.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

that's what i thought also, that it was a very tough and hard to call...sigh:rolleyes: :p

10. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

What if the IBF fines or suspends Taufik and he quits?! Taufik knows the WBF (new IBF right?) can't do much to him because of his value to the sport and marketability.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

No they won't (or at least meaningfully). IBF has no backbone

12. Vtec101

Vtec101 Regular Member

Printing
    I really can't believe how some people are actually trying to justify TH's actions. TH is competing at the highest level of the sport and for him to act this way is embarrasing, not only to himself, but to the sport. Everyone who plays this sport have had bad calls, not that I'm saying the lineslady made a bad call.
    For those of you who says TH can't compete due to the unfairness, would he have walked off the court had a linesperson made a bad call against his opponent? Of course not. It's all part of the sport, everyone makes mistakes. And for TH to act this way due to ONE call perceived as "bad" by him, that's not a mark of a sportsman. And as someone mentioned, if he is worried about getting bad calls, he should just play in Indonesia, then he MIGHT get all the calls his way.
    I used to admire TH for his skill and talent, but unless he matures and stop acting so spoiled, I won't miss him playing.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

For all that matter, i doubt if Taufik really cares if he'll still compete in IBF or not...It seemed like Taufik has taken the sport, for what it has given him in his career, for granted...:(:p
    If i'm PBSI or IBF's President, this might sound too harsh for those Taufik's fans, but i will disciplined him for the rest of the year or even longer by not allowing him to participate in any tournament(s), yes incl. the WC next month and the World Cup at end of yr?? This is to show who is "boss" and it is not Taufik. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't only apply to Taufik but to all players. Let him feel how it is not playing the sport he's been successful at and just watching it from home on his tv. If he wants to participate again, let him write a letter to the top PBSI or IBF brass requesting a re-instatement to play again, but with some conditions.
    It sounds silly considering he's the current Olympic and World Champ, but hey, they've got to get this kind of actions/behaviors "locked up". Trust me, doing this will benefit the sport more in the long run rather than "baby" a player like Taufik..:p:(
    Besides, he's got enough money to burn and it's not as if badminton will "die" without him...:p :rolleyes:

#113 ctjcad, Aug 31, 2006
  14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I agree. Taufik's talents are unquestioned but his attitude is wrong. I think many have grown tired of his act and have no more time for it. I for one (a big ex-Taufik fan now), have. That said, badminton will go on without him. There are still many great players that can maintain spectator interest in international badminton.

Sadly, even if IBF or PBSI take action in whatever form–fine, suspension, both–it wouldn't hurt Taufik much, at least from a monetary standpoint. I bet he could just walk away from the game without batting an eyelid. Personally, I see a man who has lost his competitive zest for the game.

#114 madbad, Aug 31, 2006
  15. Vtec101

Vtec101 Regular Member

Printing
    These were TH's words after he beat the spectator with his racket back in 2001.

"The spectators don't have the right to offend me because I take part in the tournament to entertain them. He does not have any respect for me."

So for those of you who says he's not there to entertain the fans, but only play for himself, I think you need to rethink that idea. Without the fans, there will be no sport, whether it's badminton, auto racing, football or basketball.

16. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

It would be inappropriate if Taufik did that to other players, but with LD, I cheer for Taufik! Good job !!! I hope more players will slap on LD face. This is not my prejudice against players from China. In fact, one of my favourites MDs is Fu/Cai. I just don't have respect for LD for his lack of sportsmanship.

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Sportsmanship? Did you not just contradict yourself in support of Taufik?

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i disagree. this is not the best way to slap on LD's face. the best way is for TH to beat LD square and fair. play till the end of the game and show LD who's the boss.

TH walked out like this not only give LD the right to advance to the next round, also comes with it are higher ranking points and more prize money for LD. and at the same time, TH gets a bad reputation and get condemned by fans. to me, that's more like a slap on TH's own face than LD's.

19. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I always like to hear different opinions...what you all said against TH make a whole lot sense to me. I am sure most would agree that what TH did was wrong, he was not using his head, there are better ways to protest, ...etc. At least, he cared enough to walk over to LD and shook his hand. After the incident, IBF should look into the matter seriously what triggered TH's behavior. This is not the first time player protests against a bad line call. "IBF, its time to do something and improve the standard of running a tournament". Also, what about the incident few months ago that LD refused to accept the ..not sure what you call that hat...on the podium at Malaysia Open. Did IBF do something serious about it ????

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

See my first post on this thread