RKEP Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by perfectgravity, Feb 24, 2010.

1. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Can't disagree with that. I went for a quick nap and he had already dispatched it...

One of the best experiences I've had online. If things go to plan I'm gonna become a monthly customer LOL

2. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Just confirmed from Eric that g10 has no logos stamped or anything on the grip itself and only the tape has it. This is actually perfect timing and means my thread that I started a day ago is of no value anymore.

3. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Supergrap on the right and RKEP G10 Wet Grip Tape on the left. On my ZfII and DZS respectively.

68afe041-4f44-462c-91c3-a25cd7496606.jpg

Both unused. Quite a bit more tackier than supergrap when just holding it. I know that's subjective The feel itself is also much better in hand. Bit more bounce back when you press the grip itself while not being too thick either.

Will write something more comprehensive when I come back from my sessions today. Oh and the size is just perfect as well. Supergrap was too long for how I like my grips and after seeing some old comments regarding the short length I was a teeny bit worried. Good to know that did not turn out to be the case. :)

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

G10 is awesome, hands down. The more dry your hands are, the better it is. And compared to the Supergrap, it stays tacky a lot longer.

But looking at your signature, I'm far more interested in something else:
    Why and how you removed the paint from your Z-Strike?
    And how dows it look naked? :eek:

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Anyone looking for yellow G10, please accept my apologies for taking the last 80...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

swsh likes this.
  6. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    156f5d83-047f-4d38-8e75-a9865ad0e82b.jpg
    2017-07-05.jpg

s_mair likes this.
  7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

8. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Well a sticker peeled off a bit so I thought it was the best opportunity to clean it all up.

Have always wanted to own one which was bare like that.

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's a valid argument for me. :)

We have seen some stripped rackets in the Panda thread with mostly "old" rackets (hi @DuckFeet), but kudos to you for doing it with such a state of the art highest-end racket!

10. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Duckfeet had some influence in this. I did see his posts beforehand haha. Have given it for stringing for now.

Just came back from my session and seems 5 days of antibiotics and all sorts of meds don't leave much in your body as far as energy is concerned. I was panting and breathing extremely heavily trying to hit shots. Backhand felt really good with this grip. It was the worst experience I had energy level wise and still the grip oozed confidence with every shot and even after the sessions. I'm on a donating spree for supergraps. 3 left to get rid of.

Only thing I thought was G10 is a fitting name. Because all in all if we compare all the grips I have ever used, this is 10/10. Very happy and will probably order more but in pink :p !

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Be careful with pink. I kid you not, but it was so incredibly tacky (most of all colours) that it doesn't allow any slippage at all with your hand, and will lead to blisters after an hour of play!

12. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Getting goosebumps just thinking about it. Maybe pair it with salmon ping GT5 on my pink ZF2. I'll have the racket no male player would ask to borrow. :D:rolleyes:

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol, not goosebumps you'll get, but large bulging blisters...

swsh likes this.
  14. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I'm seriously impressed with this grip. The durability is just mind boggling. Two whole full sessions and no tearing in sight. Grip remains tacky as ever. Insane consistency with tackiness coupled with durability I've never seen before in my hands at 2/3rd the price of one supergrap. Sheesh

Can't wait for the bulging blister pink grips.

visor likes this.
  15. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    3 full sessions and no tear in sight. Grip lost about 40% tackiness (roughly) compared to a fresh one but it's an incredible result. Almlst every grip except those victors I used lost more than 50 percent of their tackiness after first session and victor got torn where my thumb sits. But then again grips behave differently in my hands I suppose. My XD partner used my z strike with RKEP on it and it still looks like new lol...

I've changed to a fresh grip since I was messing around and customising the handle a bit :oops:.

IMG_2261.JPG

16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

And with customising, you mean that you have removed the butt cap? Why would you do that for? :eek:

17. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I was having some problem holding the racket at the butt and saw LD has removed his. Thought there couldn't be a problem with trying the approach myself since the cap can always be put back. Feels seamless now and much better in hand. Also grinded it down a size since it was G4

18. Zaphod

Zaphod Regular Member

I have a question : is it only me that feel the longevity of the grips seems to depends on the color?

I bough some white G11 recently,, and it end up used, and not really playable (because the tacky feel was gone) only after 2/3 hours of play, and the racket was slipping away from my hand anytime I was doing a clear shot.

Yellow one were little longer, but not that much, that's why I guess color matter.

NB :I were not sweating a lot, so it would not be the problem here I guess.

Which color would you recommand for best tacky feel and longevity (and maybe other rkep than G11)?

19. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    A tip I can give that has helped more players than I can remember is washing your hands with soap just before playing / taking the racket in hand. I guess pink G10 could be something you could try (at your own risk of getting blisters *visor voice*).

20. Zaphod

Zaphod Regular Member

Wash with soap? So the 'dirt' we get all day is actually damaging the grip? I tought, just washing your hands (with water only) would be enough before playing. I will try.