Recorded myself stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by akatsuki2104, May 22, 2023.

1. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Yes there are some play. As @ucantseeme stated, I mounted the racquet a bit loose. Should I mount the racquet tighter from the beginning ?
    If I retighten the 6 o'clock support, will the stringbed feel tighter in comparison to what I'm doing right now?

Yes I tried. I have to get used to it but I find myself struggling to thread the string through the hole :rolleyes:. That is the main reason I preweave the mains. Need to try without preweaving more I guess.

I tried once by following your Haribito video but it didn't match holes of the racquet. I still don't get what I need to look for to plan ahead. Are there a pattern that work for every racquet?

Isn't it advised to double pull the last 2 mains? I thought it was to avoid pulling around 2 and 10 o'clock because the frame is weaker at these area? It sure would free up lot of space to preweave those first crosses !

I indeed scratched one of my personal racquet once at the beginning but get used to that and it hasn't happened again :)

Thanks for taking the time to watch and advise me !!

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

No, why should it? But the frame is held more securely and most likely will come out in a better shape. You'll have no need to do +2 lbs. or whatever on the crosses if you don't want to.

Yes, that is the only thing that you'll have to look for when you're doing that pattern.
    For all 72-holes rackets, you start the crosses in the lowest shared hole.
    For 76-holes rackets, you need to be careful:
    2+3 ones (so 2 shared holes, 3 single pass crosses), also start the crosses in the lowest shared holes
    2+4 frames (like ZF2, Adidas P8 and many others), you start the crosses one hole higher

The goal is always to come out on the left side of the racket one hole below the outmost main shared hole so that two bottom cross strings are left for the short side to do. You can always check that manually with each racket that you have on the machine before you start the crosses, no big deal.

#82 s_mair, Apr 12, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  3. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

My thinking would be that the head would be more stretched than without retightening as I did :oops:

Edit : On second thought, well yes, why would it be haha

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Depends on the tension you string. At high tensions past 30lbs it is the way to go, but at 10.5/11kg this is not an issue. If you switch to a one-piece method like Haribito Basic, which was adviced by @s_mair to try one-piece you will be also forced to tension the outer mains on the mains process.

If you tighten the supports better, you maintain the shape better and it is less stress for the frame. The load goes to the side supports if the 12 and 6 o'clock don't support well and and the racket gets squeezed.

Also wgy weaving the mains inside the machine is a bit difficult for you are the load spreaders. Get an H piece at the top and bottom and it will be easier access to the first holes.