photography allowed in Wembley Arena?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by andre_kostolany, Jul 18, 2011.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

It could involve rights issue with respect to acquiring images from a badminton tournament. BWF may already have agreements in place with certain media therefore they have to make it clear photography is not allowed.

Of course they realize it's impossible to close it down 100% so the next best thing is to eliminate cameras that can take high quality images. I suppose their thinking is the quality of pics taken by smaller cameras will do "less damage" and not affect these agreements.

I know this is a very simplistic explanation and that camera technology is much more than big (DSLR) and small cameras, but to BWF it's a manageable solution.

I could be wrong with my whole premise though.

2. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Right is an issue. Somehow I don't think the media paid to take pictures.

What I am saying is that instead of putting up a policy that can not be enforced. They should have in place something more reasonable and acceptable to the fans.

Flash should definitely be banned. Someone losing a match point due to interference from a flash is the last thing we want to see. Instead of banning photography all together, they should establish the notion of banning flash photography during play and enforce the ban rigorously.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    right? what right? the photojournalists don't have any contracts that guarantee rights to taking photos. so there is no rights.

to be honest, in the days of social media, facebook, etc, etc, it is actually much much better promotion to be allowing more and more people take photos in these events. be it DSLR or just point and shoot camera photos. unfortunately the organizers are so stuck up in the 80s thinking they are not able to realize nor comprehend it.