Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Just wrapped up my first session with the 3U Axforce 100, strung at 27x28 lbs with Aerobite Boost, same setup as my 3U 100zz.

Initial thoughts: It feels pretty similar in head heaviness to the 100zz, but it's slightly less stiff, which I think is a good thing. I noticed during a tough game that I could keep hammering down smashes from the back of the court without feeling as fatigued. Drives and short swings also felt easier. The Axforce 100 seems faster and more maneuverable.

In the attached side-by-side picture, you'll see that the Axforce 100 has a more compact head compared to the 100zz, in my opinion. I'm not sure if it's because it's a 72 grommet frame compared to the 76 grommet frame of the 100zz. IMG_20240418_115401.jpg

Sent from my RMX3363 using Tapatalk

Woesi, Optiblue and Jared_Tan like this.
  2. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Cool! I'm not a fan of the compact frame when I tried the Tiger, but the same changes are happening with the 88D pro 3rd gen. When you're spot on the timing and hit perfectly on a more narrow string bed, I suppose the theory goes that it can be more explosive. It's a much higher chance you'll be slightly off and get muted power though! I tried the new 3rd gen 88D pro in 3U and hated how the shaft was absorbing my smash power. The tiger did the same and I felt like it needed to be stiffer and more swing weight. My AX100 3U should be coming next week, hopefully I'll have the same positive feelings as you!

Ludwik likes this.