I feel for Gade

Discussion in 'Thailand / Singapore / Indonesia Open 2011' started by chlsy8, Jun 27, 2011.

1. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nothing much that Gade can do. at his age he is lacking in speed compared to LCW. PG was scrambling throughout the match against LCW who was just like the great wall of Malaysia. everything comes back and come back with even more speed.

PG's movement hasn't been the smoothest even when he was young and the problem only get worse as he grow older. he doesn't move very efficient and was most of the time off balance. compares to LCW who moves like a bouncy ball in a box around the court, dashing from corner to corner.

having said that, it is already a great achievement from PG given his age. but i don't think we can expect much more improvement. that's just a sad fact of life.

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I agree can't really blame the coach, just have to accept he isn't as quick, or doesn't have the skill LCW has = no chance of winning.

4. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

I think its not all the lack of stamina, his skills is just not in the same league as LCW.

5. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

I personally feel if Gade was not afraid of lifting the shuttle he might get more scores - just a bit more scores will make it look better. I feel bad for Gade being beaten like that.

Not being afraid of lifting up will give him more time to prepare for the defense, I think.

#5 chlsy8, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I feel sad for PG too. The last few points I think, were gifts from LCW but he couldn't give more or it would look bad. In fact PG just smashed the last point out to save the misery. Anyway, hats off to PG.

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    PG is a walking, talking lesson for other players to learn from. Attitude, spirit, commitment, decency, excellence; all the boxes are checked. I think he also enjoys great rapport with his new coach. And she seems to be very observant, sharp, knowledgeable and quick and gives him the friendly encouragement and freedom he needs.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

As a fan, I am always proud of PG. Like cobalt said, he s the role model, perhaps the best. I wonder if LCW or LD will play as well as him when they re 34.

9. vensisu

vensisu Regular Member

Me as a Badminton fan can add to the topic that, He has been a fantastic ambassador for the sport.How many can still play the game at his level(ranking 5) at the age of 34.Simply awesome and the way he carries himself speaks a lot about his character.I wanna see him play the game as long as he can and inspire the young generation.Bravo GADE .

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I do not agree with Kwun's analysis. Of course LCW is faster, but the difference is not as big as it showed at the INA final. Three weeks ago Gade pushed LCW to the limit and had a true opportunity of winning. But sunday Gade was not on a good day and LCW was. In the semis, LCW played a very average game against CL, moving fast and attacking only for the first 10 minutes of the match - and everyone was talking of CL as being the next king! And why not Sho Sasaki! We cannot judge on one match.
    Beside Gade movements are one of his strongest point. He is perhaps not as smooth as the asian, but he moves as fast and with balance.
    For me what he lacks the most is a good defense. He is really an attacker and when he is put on the defensive position he's in trouble. It's what made Taufik better then him during this last golden days.

11. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

I haven't watched the match yet. I will. I am curious to know why you blame the coach. I will more attend to that when I watch.