How to spot the Fake Yonex Racquet Tutorial

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by bluejeff, Apr 22, 2004.

1. EnggakMau

EnggakMau Regular Member

Yes, the fakers are doing very good distribution. Before NS7K/8K were launced in Indonesia, their fakes are available months before. It become harder and harder to identify fakes as the details are more and more close to the real ones.
    However, you are hardly conned here in buying fake at cost of real one as the stores will openly offer fakes, even in several grades of quality, at much lower cost than real one.
    In my personal experience, the skill of spotting fake Yonex rackets is useful for debunking ppl who want to show off latest/expensive Yonex rackets by using fakes.

2. khongming

khongming Regular Member

I came across Yonex Isometric Junior series and KIDS series with serial numbers engravements in a departmental store.

Now, i'm truly confused...haha.
    Someone enlighten me please? :p

3. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    there are junior racquets from yonex if that's what you're asking.

4. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

No confusion, these are cheap Yonex racquets for kids, no one in their right mind would want to fake them when they can fake Nanospeed 10000s. It doesn't matter whether they have serial numbers or not.

Anyway, Sunrise since late 2005 sticks 2 different types of hologram stickers on their SP coded racquets in Singapore. So far, no one has posted a picture of the counterfeiters being able to fake both hologram stickers. (not that they cannot but it would probably add to much to the cost of the fake racquet so they don't bother)

Don't other countries selling Yonex racquets use hologram stickers as well?

5. khongming

khongming Regular Member

All righty, At least this is cleared.

I only know my Isometric 23vf has Sunrise hologram sticker but no serial number. Hai. Disappointed.

6. khongming

khongming Regular Member

Yup i got a Junior Iso for my ex.

But i see a huge range of Isometric Junior and Isometric KIDs.
    I haven't seen it elsewhere, that's why i doubted the authenticity of the products. :p

7. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    a friend just showed me a few ns8k fake he bought rom china last week
    and yes for the record they have the engraved serial #
    compared to my real one and i'd have to say i'm impressed
    100 RMB and i'd be fooled if the fake one isn't 1 cm too short

8. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Most of us here can spot a fake racket in 5 seconds, but I've just seen a fake NS9000 X that has blown me away. I've seen a lot of fake Yonex rackets, but the detailing on this thing was scary. Even though I don't like fakes, I have to say the counterfeiter did a really impressive job on this racket.

Holding a real one next to it, I can find hardly any differences, even after 10 minutes of searching every small feature. The colors, the serial codes (laser-etched), the grommets (about 4 different types I think), cone, grip, butt, plastic wrap, bar code, it's all the same.

The only clue that it might be fake is the fact that it's an SP code, with two Sunrise holographic stickers on it (one gold, one red). I know Sunrise is a genuine dealer but I also know that there are fake holographic stickers and that SP is a code popular with fakes.

The racket is 3U and when you swing it or flex the shaft, the balance feels like the real one. I will have to try it when it's been strung and probably then I will be able to tell the difference.

But on the cosmetics side, these guys are getting REALLY good :(

9. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

Could you post a pic of the fake hologram stickers? I've never seen one posted in these forums and it'll be useful reference.

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The fake 9K is easy to spot for me, just looking at the O in Yonex which is an instant give away. Also the serial for them is the usual "off".

11. chessymonkey

comp tech
    just remeber u have to combine every tricks there is to identify a fake racket
    there r usually give away spots but not having those doesn't = the racket is real.
    There r fakes with proper laser engraving where the serial actually make sense. there r fakes with the correct "O",
    and the battle is only gonig to get harder and harder.

12. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I will take my camera next time and take some close-ups of the holograms and other bits.

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    chessymonkey - do you happen to have pictures of these other fakes with have the correct or the perfect "O". I have yet to see them and the same goes for a store.

I have seen some which are very close because they look ok from a foot away but when looking up close the details don't look like it which gives it away once again.

14. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Normally, they aim for the high end ones. However, fakes somethings got their own non-existing series, such as "Super MP" series.....

15. chessymonkey

comp tech
    I'll see if i can get my friend to bring back those 100 rmb worth ns8k he just bought from China like 2 wks ago, if he hasn't gave them all away yet
    he bought a bunch as gifts cos those fakes'r just dirt cheap

16. Carbonex8200LT

Carbonex8200LT Regular Member

Congrats

Congrats BlueJeff Thats An Excellent Piece Of Work U Have Wriiten Of Identifying Fake rackets
    Thanks