Holding Tension

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Byro-Nenium, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Re: THANKS

one word describes this string. Control.
    power comes from technique, not really the string.

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Re: THANKS

Yeah your right. I think most likely i will be switching to the BG-66 coz its composition is the same as the BG-65. Only that its thinner. I restrung my Isometric Tour 300 today with BG-66. I'll try it, and if i like it, i'll use it on all my rackets, otherwise, BG-65 it is! ;)

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    BG-65 ----> BG-66

I tried a friends MP77 that was strung with BG-66 at 24lbs and it was just the best. So i had my Isometric Tour 300 strung with the BG-66 and it just felt so good. I've decided to change for the BG-65 to the BG-66.

I'm going to restring my Ti-10, MP100 and Slim-10 tomorrow with the BG-66 tomorrow.

Thanks for all your posts guys....... well for the productive ones at least.....

4. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I use BG85 faithfully now and from what I have been reading from BF and from other parts of the net, I think BG85 is supposed to be the predecessor of the Bg66, no? I'm not sure but I think I read it somewhere that the Bg66 is phased out now, replaced by the Bg85 with extra vectran composite as well as longer durability.

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Try the bg88ti. The tension really hold. And you can control the ball exceptionally well. Another suggestion is to pre-stretch your bg65.

What i did was i strung the Bg65 at 26lbs. Played with it for 5 games 3 sets each. And then i restrung the same string at 29lbs. Do this only if you have the your own machine or trusted stringer. Check the condition of your strings before you restrung the string.
    It was a silly idea that came to my mind. I tried it and voila... you can feel the difference.