Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

In the end Minions get the last laugh

Onto Denmark Open then, there can be some really2 tough draws (tomorrow) there. Astrup/Rasmussen, Goh/Tan, Chen/Wang are all boogey draw, not to mention the young and motivated chinese pairs trying to usurp their seniors. The draw is really depend on luck, wouldnt want to meet on form pairs like how KamuraSonoda meets FajarRian.

2. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    Now I know why Kevin seemed to be so unfocused in the China Open. He just had a break-up :D:p

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Are you "Gossip Girl"?? :D

Really? With that woman? :cool:
    Just recently?

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Having just watched the China Open match the whole situation is even more hilarious to me now. Indonesian fans were acting like Gideon got faulted unfairly, and very often, neither of which was the case. I'm actually amazed at the **** he still gets away with, some of his 'legal' serves looked damn high too, although it's hard to tell from the high angle (his arm looked pretty much parallel to the ground quite often though). Of course it's tough to lose points without a rally in the third game, but in reality they lost because they didn't play very well, compared to their own standards. Lack of intensity, some unforced errors, and some bad serves (from both of them)....maybe it's a case of cumulative fatigue, they do have a pretty insane tournament schedule. Or they're just winding down a bit after preparing and peaking for the WC/AG...who knows. Curious to see how they'll fare in the DO, the hall should suit them, or at least Gideon

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

They lost because they gifted a dozen point to Chinese pairs . Gideon got faulted but Kevin actually serve a whole lot worst. loose serves, counting overall a dozen points gifted. If thats the case , then there s nothing to play for. If the judge feels they cheat, then ok they cheat. If it makes the Chinese pair feeling better beating them that way then its Fine. Its already history and they have to wait another year anyway to break the egg no damage done. But Kevin is moody because of the breakup ? yeah thats why he always plays like he doesnt care sometimes.

6. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

This breakup may be good for Kevin. He can completely focus on his career & importantly himself.

Live & enjoy being single!! :cool:

[​IMG]

#1666 RoarRa, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Haven't you heard? Kevin just had a break up :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, they didn't play well at all, Kevin had been struggling in this tournament and Marcus was trying to cover it but failed in the end because of the serves. (If it was because of a break up then I have nothing to comment) Them having a hectic schedule could be one of the causes. But beside other bad shots and errors, having faulted for the same serves over and over again was probably the most ridiculous thing in that match. The Chinese pair didn't really play as good as they did in WC honestly.

Minions didn't peak for the WC/AG, that's for sure. The best performances by them so far had been in Indonesia Open, in my opinion. Though they coped quite well in Japan Open considering it was a slow hall

Hang on! Does this mean Li Junhui also had a break up for his sub par performances and lack of focuses lately ?? :eek::eek::eek:

8. wade

wade Regular Member

the best performances so far you mean in recent months right ? :confused:

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah sorry. I mean after their wedding break.:D

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Do you mean the fault calls were bad or him serving high again was stupid?
    They most certainly arranged their training to peak at the WC/AG. That they didn't perform well there is a different matter, but unless the Indonesians are somehow way behind the rest of the world in terms of sports science they also know that you can't just go all-out all the time and be at your best the entire year. You ramp up intensity to peak at certain times in the year, and anyone who claims they ignored the WC/AG in their training schedule should better have proof because that makes no sense whatsoever :D
    Again, that the results didn't quite reflect that is another matter.

I thought they looked kind of sluggish in this match, really not in great shape, drained from the matches before, or some mental issue. Not being in great shape/peak form isn't a criticism btw, as I said it's only natural that you have some peaks and valleys over the year. Trying to stay at 100% will wear you out faster than anything.

11. wade

wade Regular Member

yeah right, because there's no way their performance in IO was better than when they won the AE earlier this year :D hope they can regain that kind of form again.

yuquall likes this.
  12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Him serving at the same height over and over again was unthinkable if he kept getting the fault calls. :D

Apparently most of the Indonesians players (except Kevin for unknown reasons) peaked at the AG last month. But Ginting seems to gain a lot from that preparation actually. His fitness and mental improved a great deal in a relatively short time.

They are in a slump, that's for sure. I am not expecting them to be at their 100% all the time and I can understand they have been struggling for a while now. But what I am mostly bemused with is Marcus' way of serving. Marcus had this issue back in TUC against Thai pair or even way way before the new service rules. If he still couldn't figure out what he did wrong, then.. it's just amazing.

13. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    But that's their trump card and the only way they play! ;)

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

True, otherwise they won't win as many as they have. In fact, I enjoy watching them because of that.

15. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

yes the amazing thing about this pair is even when they are not in their peak they are still one of the strongest pairs ( if not the strongest ) right now, considering that the chinese pair won in such a close game even with the service fault ( not saying that the service was not faulty but its considered at least several free points and even the mental effect ).

I'm actually hoping they can peak in the more important matches next year and on the OG, and I think its not that heartbreaking for them considering they have won China Open two times ( although the extra prize money as champion would be good :D)

Hope they can practice more and improve their mental focus so they can be prepared for big tournaments in the coming time.

16. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

if this is true I think its good that it happens now rather than later, looks what happened to Zhang Nan and Zhao Yunlei in the olympics :rolleyes:

17. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    Yup. Just recently. Well, my source is not reliable news outlet, but PBSI's journalist .
    She recorded Kevin in her instagram story, saying that he's sad about the break-up

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

badito likes this.
  18. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
  19. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    Told you, Kevin's play started being inconsistent after he had a girlfriend, not after Marcus got married .

But seriously, Marcus needs to adjust his service and Kevin needs to cut down errors. They won't go anywhere with their current performance because they are getting more easier to read on the court.

Regarding Junhui, I think his problem is much much worse than a heartbreak

stanleyfm likes this.
  20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Umm Zhang Nan and Zhao Yunlei were actually a top international pair on court. Totally different story.

Kevin being inconsistent might be because of his mind being somewhere else, but Marcus form declining after the wedding break had nothing to do with Kevin's personal life :D