China Masters 2006: Final

Discussion in 'China Masters 2006' started by badMania, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Can anybody post the COMPLETE results of MS & MD? I went through the entire thread but couldn't find them (except for Game 1 of MS). Thanks!

2. kemana

kemana Regular Member

chen jin bt peter gade 21 : 19 , 21 :14
    e/l (don't know the spell:cool: )bt cai/fu 21 :17, 21:17

3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

eriksen/lundgaard, even though they're so old, they still play so well...!

4. kemana

kemana Regular Member

5. optimistic

optimistic Regular Member

damn I'm late like to see the game between peter and chen, can anybody please postpone the correct link for the cctv5 broadcast? thx
    i'm from germany need some instructions :)

6. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

Chen Jin's skill is so-so, but his speed and power plus pure aggression are pretty impressive. Would be interesting to see him play Chong Wei and Taufik...

7. kemana

kemana Regular Member

it's been a long time since last time i saw Taufik play....

8. yuval_ba

yuval_ba Regular Member

I can't wait for a Taufik - ChenJin match ..... :eek:

9. kemana

kemana Regular Member

can't wait for a Taufik - anyone match

10. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    So, the Dane beat all Chinese top guns except CJ, this boosts their confidence in the Thomas Cup final.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    both chen jin and wang lin were just juniors last years and they both took china master crown yesterday. Wang lin even took down chinese 2 top dogs personally. Very impressive. Chen jin beat PG which beat LD is also impressive.

12. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    YEAH!!! WELL DONE to Chen Jin:D :D unlucky to Feng Yun nd WELL DONE to Xie ZhongBo/Zhang Yawen!!!:D :D hehehe!!! Unlucky for LIN DAN:crying: :crying:

13. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Its really unfair to call CJ only had a so so skill. (You know who you are)

Chen Jin had improved so much this past year. If he had only speed and no skill, he will not won this China Master crown all by 2 sets.

From QF to final, all his opponents were in Top 10 ranking, Hafiz, Kenneth and Peter.

In 21 new scoring system, it will be pretty useless if you only had speed and no skill cause you will made lots of mistake with so so skill and lost lots of points.

I had to admit that CJ is already a top 10 material or top 5 if he kept his consistency.

If you look at his results last year when he started play international events, he only reach R32 or R16. But so far this year, he had already 2 titles, German Open and China Master.

Even lots of top 10 players who had play for years only had 1 or 2 titles or none at all.

If his skill only so so like lots of top 20 rank, can he achieve all of this based on speed and only luck by beating lots of Top 10 players?

14. serviceover

serviceover Regular Member

Logistics
    Can anyone tell me where i can get a results list from?

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Monday, March 13, 2006

BADMINTON: Young guns in charge at China Masters

BEIJING: China’s Chen Jin and Wang Lin struck blows for youth by claiming the men’s and women’s singles titles at the China Masters in Chengdu on Sunday. Teenager Wang provided the biggest surprise of the tournament by coming from a set down to beat second seed Xie Xingfang 15-21, 21-13, 21-15 in the women’s final.

The 17 year old also came from behind to beat another of China’s best players, world number one Zhang Nin, in the quarter-finals and Wang Chen of Hong Kong in the semis. “I am pleased to win, but I still have much to improve,” Wang told state news agency Xinhua. Denmark’s Peter Gade thought he had done the hard work by knocking out China’s world number one Lin Dan to reach the men’s singles final but found world junior champion Chen too strong on Sunday. The 20 year old triumphed 21-19, 21-14 to gain revenge for his quarter-final defeat at the hands of the Danish world number four at the All England championships in January. “We met once before and I lost, so I prepared well this time,” Chen told Xinhua.

Gade, 30, had been hoping for a title in Sichuan to give his country a boost ahead of the Thomas Cup, the international team competition being held in Japan next month where China will be defending champions. Only the 21-17, 21-17 victory of his compatriots Jens Eriksen and Martin Lundgaard Hansen over Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng in the men’s doubles final prevented a home sweep of the five titles up for grabs at the five-day tournament. Xie Zhongbo and Zhang Yawen won the mixed doubles title with a 21-16, 10-21, 22-20 victory over Olympic champions and top seeds Zhang Jun and Gao Ling. The women’s doubles final was also an all-Chinese affair, second seeds Gao Ling and Huang Sui beating Wei Yili and Zhang Yawen 21-12, 18-21, 21-14. Reuters

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

just curious, how come young players like chen jin and wang lin can enter a 'Master' tournament? Is there an minimum age to enter a 'Master'?

17. alloh

alloh Regular Member

Poor line judgments in China!!!!

I have watched it live during WS semi-final, XXF - Mia Audina. The shuttle was very clearly out, but the line judger said in. Not only once, but few times.
    And in the MS final. The game point from CJ, and the shuttle I should say it was in from the return of PG. But the line judger said out.
    WTF.... !!! well, it's true what Mia Audina said to the media. In China, they won't let you win over Chinese players.

Not only in this China Master 2006, but the other matches in China.
    China really suxkz ...

18. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

China or just some liners? Anyway, bad liners are in anywhere, e.g. Malalsia.

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Could it be that you must be Master of craft, ie skills only? In that sense, Chen Jin may qualify since he has proven a few times at world meets but what of little known Wang Lin??? :confused:

20. indra

indra Regular Member

In my opinion, chen Jin style of play is so-so. I don't think it will be interesting watching Chen Jin vs LCW or CJ vs Taufik.

Chen Jin's recent victories were achieved in the absence of Taufik, LCW and other top players. Gade's victory over Lin Dan shall serve as a serious warning that the Chinese TC team is not as strong as the myth has said.:D

I agree that CJ is a rising star when the "real star(s)" does/do not participate:cool: .