Asian Badminton Championships 2006: Day 2 (29/03)

Discussion in 'Asian Badminton Championship 2006' started by badMania, Mar 28, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Simon passed his first test, beating Lu Yi 21-15, 21-17. He will face Thomas Kurian tomorrow and he should win.

Meanwhile, Nguyen Tien Minh has added another scalp by beating Shoji Sato 21-12, 21-16. He will face Roslin next and should be up for another upset.

Other players like Boonsak, Hafiz, Jang Yong Soo, and Ahn Hyun Suk all go through according to expectation.

MEN'S SINGLES ROUND 2 (BOTTOM HALF)
    Kendrick Lee Yen Hui vs Chen Yu
    Yousuke Nakanishi vs Sairul Amar Ayob
    Liao Sheng-Shiu vs Chan Yan Kit
    Jang Young Soo vs Kashyap (??)
    Muhd Roslin Hashim vs Nguyen Tien Minh -- close candidate for match of the round. I am picking the Viet this time.
    Ahn Hyun Suk vs Boonsak Ponsana
    Thomas Kurian vs Simon Santoso -- shouldn't be a problem for Simon
    Hung Yuk Wong vs Muhd Hafiz Hashim -- another breeze for Hafiz

2. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    havent seen roslin in international competition for awhile.....where has he been? retired?

3. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Agree.

How ironic that after our women team lost to Malay, Thai and Singapore, in future our Uber team may also lost to India and probably from Vietnam 3-4 years from now. Cause I saw that Vietnam starting to send their players (both men and women) to lots of events.

4. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

nugroho,

if I am not wrong, alamsyah is Indonesia fifth MS right now. After Taufik got injured and if he is not regain his health in homas Cup later, alamsyah will be our fourth MS in Thomas Cup.

How funny and ironic, cause for Markus and Alamsyah, this is probably their first international events they enter. (beside Indonesia Open)

And their next big events will be Thomas Cup where Markus had a big chance to play third singles.

And before Thomas Cup begin, even I don't know who are our fourth and fifth singles.

Compare with Malay,China and Korea, I can named you at least five of these nation MS. :D

5. mcchooi

mcchooi Regular Member

i believe pek siah is not part of the national team at the moment. she plays under the KL racquet club which does private coaching (for those who are interested) - so are sairul and sutheswari

6. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

hehehehe... well.. in this case i could drawn my dream that indonesia could bring back The ThomasCup. no international expirience, no knowladge about tournament, no damn confidence....
    all of them means NO CHANCE

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I'm quite impressed with the SG girls, though, the draw is really not fair to whichever pair that loses. A bit more intelligence in SG frontcourt control & attack might just topple the cute Japanese pair. Only problem is the JAPS have advantage in tactics with Prof Park Joo Bong.