[2024] Ennoxx Electronic Tension Head (by Tennisman)

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by s_mair, Feb 5, 2024.

1. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Is the mounting system on the ennoxx the same as the V2 ? I asked Dirk if the ennoxx is compatible with the Itennis Pro machine and he said it won't fit. Sounds strange to me and I wonder what the base plate of the Itennis looks like

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Stock mounting of the V2/iTennis is indeed different (3 screws). They had to manually drill two separate mounting holes into the motor base plate for all the tension heads that went on the StringMaster machines.

So Dirk is (of course) right - Ennoxx motor won’t fit iTennis machines without some re-work to be done.

3. akatsuki2104

Oh ok, He didn't detail why so made me curious. I thought most base would be the same :)

4. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

so i had to drill holes in the base plate to fit the motor head. It's not as hard as you might think, managed to do it with a small electric drill no problem.

speCulatius and akatsuki2104 like this.
  5. Tsangboi69

Tsangboi69 New Member

OOO This looks NICEEEE. I have 2 questions:
    1. Will this product have a USA distributer or only direct order from tennisman
    2. Does anyone know that compatibility of this tensionhead with the Gamma Progression ST II. I currently have the wise v14(no extra gamma bracket) with the glide to activate gripper and I am still able to maintain 360 rotation

6. Tsangboi69

Tsangboi69 New Member

I did read the manual in the Thread post(I know about the included brackets). for compatibility I meant about the height with regards to the turntable and blocking 360 rotation

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

1) currently no US distributor available. And I'm sorry to add that Tennisman is no longer shipping to the US due to various issues with customs and customer simply not paying their bills.
    2) the Ennoxx has a lower profile than the WISE plus GtA gripper. So if you have 360 rotation with your current setup, there won't be any issues with the Ennoxx.

thyrif and Pantoufle like this.
  8. Tsangboi69

Tsangboi69 New Member

Thanks for the reply! About the US shipping it sucks to hear, but do you think Tennisman would make special exceptions if invoice was paid in full?

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I guess you’d have to ask him this directly by e-mail.

10. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

This seems amazing. Not sure I can justify this luxury for my amount of stringing, though :rolleyes:

11. akatsuki2104

I've already succumbed to the temptation.. :oops::rolleyes:

thyrif likes this.
  12. Chris wadson

Chris wadson Regular Member

Thank you for the valuable info! I am in the process of deciding between the wise 2086 or going a little more for the Tennisman electronic one. At this point, would you say it was a worthwhile decision to spend more?

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

IMO the new motor is clearly worth the extra 200 bucks. It’s faster, smoother and a lot more quiet. Also glide-to-activate gripper module alone costs 150 EUR for the WISE and comes stock with the Ennoxx.

DarthHowie likes this.
  14. Chris wadson

Thank you! I am not sure if you would know, but are they able to ship with a north American plug? Or would i need to find a converter?

How do you feel about the premium stand? Worth the cost?

#34 Chris wadson, Apr 22, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I have no clue about the plug, you'd need to ask this from Tennisman. The stand is very expensive, hands down, but I like it a lot and have to admit that it's worth the money. It doesn't wobble, there are no edges where the slack string can get caught. But be aware that you will not be able to move the machine with the stand on your own anymore - it's just too heavy and too bulky.

And I'm not sure if you already done this, but you need to ask Tennisman as well if he is shipping to Canada. I know that he stopped shipping to the US due to a lot of trouble with customs and customers who scammed him, but I'm not sure what's the status with Canada.

16. what07

what07 Regular Member

Before I submitted the order, I was enquiring about the additional shipping cost to my address and Dirk didn't mention anything about excluding Canadian customers. Submitted my order on Thursday so just waiting it out atm for the next shipping fee invoice.

I didn't even think about this, but I'm not to worried as well as their are adapters.

17. Chris wadson

I would just be worried about it only having a transformer for 220v power, not our 120v in canada..but most electronics today work 100-240v....so hopefully this is the case and just need a plug adapter. I have asked waiting for a reply:) Good to know a fellow canadian is ordering as well!

what07 likes this.
  18. what07

what07 Regular Member

That stuff kinda slip my mind but I don't have much knowledge in it as well to even think about the power and connections.

I don't know if their stock levels are correct but before I ordered it was "green" with like 10 in stock, then when I ordered there was only 8 remaining "yellow" now there is only 5 available, so if you haven't ordered maybe time is running out.

19. Chris wadson

Thanks for the heads up, I am waiting for his reply about electrical then pulling the trigger.

20. what07

what07 Regular Member

If you don't mind can you give me a PM as well, then I don't get a surprise and have to amazon my adapter lol.

I'm curious about the import / fees / duties that I'm gonna get hit with since DHL is the shipper, oh well.