2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    It is true about it being discontinued. I recently bought another 4UG5 version the the ZF1. In all other stores except for the one I bought mine at it was sold out. Most stores only have some 3UG5 left.
    Good thing I bought it in time...

2. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    The VTZF 4u is going to be discontinued soon? Is that true?? If that's the case, I think I'm going to backup one more of it. :( another hole in my wallet this week.

3. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    If you like the ZF1 then I recommend you buy it now. Now I finally know the reason why it's discontinued... I thought it was weird at first since the stores never gave me any answer except for "We are sorry, the answer we got from Yonex is that it's 'sold out' ".
    If it's true that the ZF2 is supposed to be more like Z-Speed rather than the original ZF1, then I think they should have just kept the 1gen in production for a while longer... I think people buy ZF because it's a Voltric, not because it's a Z-Speed wannabe.

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ^ I think there is still a lot of ZF88 stock floating around. Maybe that's why they've eased off on VT-ZF production... just guessing.

Of course, that's no use if you want a 4u. :(

5. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    The VT-ZF 88 still have a good amount of stock left. Here in NA, less people spent the cash on the VT-ZF 88, and more people just bought the regular VT-ZF. This is however different in SP as more collectors and nostalgic players are present.

And I was told be my friend from Japan that the VT-ZF II 3U/4U is a complete replacement of VT-ZF I 3U/4U

Whenever the VT-ZF 1st gen is sold out, you will not be able to find one until Yonex either reintroduces the original VT-ZF racket or make yet another limited run of the VT-ZF (e.g. Premium/Ltd Editions)

There should be no shortages of the 1st gen VT-ZF in the SP and TH Yonex distribution regions for at least a year since the suppliers have ordered lots of batches of the 1st gen VT-ZF.

HOWEVER, if you live in the European or North American territories, this may not be the case as most stores order very limited supplies of each rackets. Once the newest made batch (I was told the last batch of the 1st gen VTZF will be made sometime in March 2014 to May 2014), then all supplies will be VT-ZF II.

Those live in EUR or NA, it is wise to buy a backup or 2 of the 1st gen VT-ZF if you are a fan of the the original Z-Force.

If you are tight on budget and still want one, it will still be in stock until the end of Summer 2014, so you can save up until then.

6. guantou

guantou Regular Member

im just gonna wait for yonex to release a LCW edition (whichever model) for his retirement in due time... for keepsake purpose... hahah

7. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I was wondering why the ZF is running low

ZF2 has a high expectation since the ZF was a big hit compared the ZSpeed.

from what it says, they made it head heavier and stiffer so becoming a Li-Ning N90??

8. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

That is quite true, VT-ZF (SP) can be easily available here.
    Many had tried and not able to wield it thus end up in local sales thread.
    Even new ones are being sold at higher discount rate.
    Still the VTZF-II looks great !!! Simple yet classy :D

#68 soulsync, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  9. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

You must be a very strong guy. Every person that I know who have used the original ZF eventually moved on to another racquet because it negatively affected their game. Initially they're excited about the potential increase in power, but once the hype goes away and the results speak for themselves, they change racquets. I have yet to have met a guy who plays well with the original ZF.

10. Pradeepanandhan

Pradeepanandhan New Member

Consultant
    It's Official Now!

It's official now and on their official website!!!

Attached Files:

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    But the significant thing appears to be the standard frame size, and therefore larger sweet spot on the VT-ZF2. I guess they're banking on that to boost sales.

Another thing I noticed on the YY website (or check post #58 above) is that the Stiffness ("Flexural Modulus" in the chart) is 2% LESS than standard graphite shafts and a lot less than the Nanopreme on the original VT-ZF. This could be interpreted as, the shaft can flex a lot more than the original ZF. This could make the ZF2 more "playable", along with the bigger sweet spot. Just my thoughts. Kinda makes it a modern-day, turbo AT700 maybe?

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    1496594_788156301199953_1330550730_o.jpg

hm.... seriously?

13. Deity

Deity Regular Member

Thats.... I dont know what to say.. Uhmm

14. visor

visor Regular Member

i'd look that sad too if i had to wear that racket around my neck while half naked...

15. Deity

Deity Regular Member

Yonex going desperate on advertisement? Thats ridiculous and out of place..

16. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Can I ask what level of players you are playing with? I've been using the Z-Force successfully for nearly 2 years. Have both the 3U and 4U. Played doubles and mixed doubles tonight with a "A" level girl who forgot her racket - she handled the 4U Z-Force fine.

Larsmd likes this.
  17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

"We've finally made a shaft thin enough so you can see LCW behind it"?

18. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to some reviews of this racket. Also waiting for the official specs relative to the original Z-Force, and waiting for some reviews from various (higher level) people with great interest.

19. Deity

Deity Regular Member

"A racket that can slay the best out there"

LCW looking like he's about to cry. His eyes are telling me he's treated like a slave, that he doesnt want nekkid pics of him to be in the front page.

20. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT