Wong Choong Hann

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Bbn, Mar 30, 2004.

1. wchfan

wchfan Regular Member

im just a normal student..
    :confused: so, who has the link for his website?
    is it that his website isn't finished yet?
    omg..

2. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    how feared is (was) wong choon han?

WCH is a very feared man in badminton.... even among the ranks of the china team.

i have lost the article but i recall very clearly that WCH was the yardstick Lin Dan used to gauge himself. when LD beat WCH for the 2003 China Open, LD expressed that he finally new he had 'arrived' and his confidence rose ever since and went on a grand prix winning streak that year and the year after.

8man

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I mentally rank WCH very high too because of his potential being #1 MS if he was say under china national team. Li mao being there helps but li mao is just 1 (chinese) consultant there and WCH now is nearing his physical peak and unlikely gain much improvement even under li mao.

4. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    he already bought a house somehwere near damansara is it?
    his room arrangemtn is very very simple, just a bed, a cupboard, a desk, that's all. And he likes to read outside his house, beside the garden.

5. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c

that info is abit scary :eek: unless you are a personal friend of his!

outstanding intel!

cheers

8man

6. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    I'm not very sure about this, forgot the location already..

7. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Hehehe...just to add specifically that he lives at Jalan Pasai...somewhere near the open market (I have to keep his house number private). Stands out from the crowd in the market as he's kinda tall and its only the ladies there! He goes to SMK Seri Sentosa when he's in his secondary school days. He came back to school for a motivation talk after he won the 1998 Commonwealth Games MS. The school magazine featured his picture and his achievement.

Just some 'kepoh' news for my fellow BF'ers :D

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Good Deal

Tuesday September 2, 2008

Choong Hann to play in German League

By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: Wong Choong Hann may be nearing the twilight of his badminton career but he is not prepared to hang up his racquet, yet.

He has decided to make his career a more colourful one by signing a deal with a German League club in Berlin, Brandenburger Sports Community (SG EBT). Choong Hann will leave for Germany after his wife gives birth to their second child.

“The league starts this month and it will run until March. But I have been given the exemption to join at the end of the month. I will wait for my wife to give birth first,” he said.

“The club have given me a good deal ... one that I cannot refuse. I am looking forward to the experience of playing in the German League.

“I will not be there throughout the six months. I will return home whenever the league takes a break. The club will pay for all my expenditure and travel.”

His club have another foreigner in Polish doubles player Michal Logosz.

Choong Hann said that the BA of Malaysia have given him their blessing to play in Germany but his future with the association had not been discussed.

It is clear that the 31-year-old Choong Hann will not be part of the BAM's plans for the 2012 London Olympics.

He competed in his third Olympics in Beijing last month. He eliminated defending champion Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia in the first round but was beaten by Taiwanese Hsieh Yu-hsing in the next round.

Even if Choong Hann remains in the BAM fold, he will be more of a sparring partner and mentor for the young players in the national team.

Choong Hann said that his involvement with the BAM would depend on the role given to his coach Wong Tat Meng.

“I will wait and see what are the new tasks for my coach. I will help out if my services are still needed.”

The BAM are proud that Malaysian players are sought after in the leagues overseas. Nusa Mahsuri veteran Mohd Roslin Hashim, the Penang Open singles champion on Sunday, had a six-month stint with the Vendsyssyl Badminton Club in the Danish League in 2006.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    © 1995-2008 Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)

9. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Germany has badminton league? Wow!

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yeah, they have their Bundesliga for their badminton league:):D

11. victory

victory Regular Member

WCH has a lot of fans locally and overseas!

I am one of his big fan.

He is highly respected inside and outside badminton court. He is a feared opponent inside badminton court and he is a real gentleman outside badminton court.

It is good news to many people he doesn't want to quit badminton. I hope he can consider to be a Malaysian coach. He has many thing to give out to young Malaysian players. He has all round skills and is a high achiever.( World silver medal and many titles under his belt).Vastly experienced, WCH also has the intelligent and the temperament to be a coach. In addition to single, WCH played men double and mix double also in Commonwealth game and SEA game if I am not mistaken.

If BAM is smart they should made him a coach before other countries grap him.

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Agree with everything you said. he is a nice player to watch too, he had pretty powerful legs, so his movement and footwork was interesting and his strokeplay was also nice.

Yes he played XD in Commonwealth games. Lost to robertson/emms I think

13. stork

stork Regular Member

-
    Last years Bundesliga Team of EBT Berlin included Juliane Schenk, Nicole Grether, Michal Logosz, Xuan Chuan (Shanghai Team) ... and still couldn´t make the finals...

WCH will also team up with Chetan Anand and Vladislav Druzhchenko next season, so for german level this league is not bad...;)

cheers!

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The injury really sets him back. Too bad. Certainly nice to see him during his peak. Good speed.;)

Now days in Malaysian circuit, there are lots of coaches... very competitive now. I believe its good to have more focus by having 1 coach to 2 players at most. Else, there maybe too many players for the coach to handle. eg. Misbun can choose 2 players, then Rashid can choose another 2, WCH can choose another 2. 6 good top class players for the country should be good enough. The rest beef up on juniors.

Then same for doubles. Rexy takes 2 pairs. YKH takes another 2. The rest can go to KLRC or just be sparring partners.

Of course not forgetting the ladies and mix doubles.;) So, lots of opportunities for coaches and players.

More focus.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    do u know have many md we have???...and also,not fair...:(

16. victory

victory Regular Member

Not to forget Wong Tat Meng. He is good coach too. LCW, WMC and WCH improve a lot and achieve results under his guidance. He is a low profile coach but he should not be missed out.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ITALIAN INTERNATIONAL – Bonjorno Choong Hann !
    ITALIAN INTERNATIONAL – Bonjorno Choong Hann ! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Wong Choong Hann won the Italian Internationals in Roma this morning by beating Russia’s Stanislav Pukhov. Most top seeds won this European event which is one of the latest in the year before the kick off of the new season with Wong’s home event, the Super Series Proton Malaysia Open.

Raphael Sachetat. Photos (archives) : Badmintonphoto
    Top seed Wong Choong Hann (photo, left) enjoyed a little holiday in Roma, Italy. The Malaysian veteran has obviously enjoyed the European Tournament after a good end of season in the big events. He scooped the Italian title without dropping a single game and beat Russia’s Stanislav Pukhov in a battle of the “elders” as Pukhov is also above 30 year old, in Friday's finals - one of this tournament particularities is the ending on the Friday.

Juliane Schenk (photo right), on her side, took some time to get going when she beat Ukrainian Larisa Griga, but the German eventually beat her opponent and secured the title as the top seed, 15/21 – 21/13 – 21/17.
    [​IMG]Germany will leave Ostia with another gold as Men’s double Hopp and Schottler – a new pair avec Hopp and Kindervater were separated – scooped the title against Chinese Taipei’s Chen/Lin.
    Vislova of Russia stroke twice in the mixed and women’s double.
    Results :
    MS : Wong Choong Hann (MAL) beat Stanislav Pukhov (RUS) : 21/16 – 21/15
    WS : Juliane Schenk (GER) beat Larisa Griga (UKR) : 15/21 - 21/13 - 21/17.
    MD : Hopp/Schottler (GER) beat Chen/Lin (TPE) : 22/20 – 21/13
    WD : Vislova/Sorokina (RUS) beat Lennartson/Wengberg (SWE) : 23/21 – 21/14
    Mx : Durkin/Vislova (RUS) beat Schottler/Overzier (GER) : 20/22 – 21/19 – 21/18

http://www.badzine.info/index.php?o...o-chong-hann-&catid=8:international&Itemid=39

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Apparently, this Stanislav Pukhov is also 31 :http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/pu/stanislav-pukhov-1.html

20. badcliq

badcliq Regular Member

He can help improve the standard of the players there....