Victor Auraspeed HS Plus - Mar 2024

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Aug 6, 2023.

1. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

So a worthy JS10 successor?

2. SIM YUN KIAT

SIM YUN KIAT Regular Member

F
    I dont have experience with JS10 to know the difference though.

3. Savage Attack

Savage Attack Regular Member

Student
    id say its a successor to the original js10, not js10c. tested both hs plus and js10c same time; js10c was more head heavy imo. stiffness more or less the same. hs plus has that same crisp feeling on flat game as well as good power from the back as the white and blue js10

pootisfoib likes this.
  4. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

That's good news then cuz the original JS10 is the version most ppl liked.

5. robinc

robinc Regular Member

3U 1000Z is my current main racket and I got the 3U HS+ recently and had two session of play with it. Total time around 4hrs.

HS+ is very different from 1000Z and is a more unforgiving racket compared to 1000Z. HS+ is a very good racket in my opinion and I am likely to switch to HS+ as my main racket after I can get more time (Recovering from injury) and more intense game.

6. Savage Attack

Savage Attack Regular Member

Student
    after using the hs plus for around a month, ive come to the conclusion that the 4u version is not the version for me. its just too headlight and feels kind of unstable on overhead shots if you arent fully ready. if your coming from a 4u HH racket, maybe try the 3u hs plus.

7. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Tried the 3u version and it's awesome if you love Victor's classic stiff rackets like the Mx80 and JS10. It feels the closest to the li ning bladex 800 in 3u but has a nice kick to the shaft.

Very responsive and no hold, awesome for fast flat rallies in MD. Very stiff, but not in a dead pan way that the JS10 original had, is harder to generate power at the back and for overhead shots
    Will prob get one in the future.

8. DinB

DinB Regular Member

As a BS12, BS12SE, AS90s user, I am surprised by this racket. I thought my previous rackets were the fastest in the market, but no. The HS plus overtakes them all in terms of raw speed. I think this is due to the simple fact that it is head lighter, has less thick frame, and the shaft is much more stiffer. Normally this would be a really difficult racket to use, but because of the freecore and other technologies, the racket actually feels very "soft". I don't especially like the dampen feeling and hope Victor brings back its normal wooden handle like in the case of 90k metallic.

My 4u racket is strung with 66vbs nano 26 lbs and it feels and sounds amazing. Service, net play, and control is great. Fast exchanges from this racket is unmatched. Playing from the back of the court, however, can be tricky. You need good techniques and need to be strong physically to "bend the shaft" and produce good power from this racket. Using a 3u version could be useful in this regard but it would lose what I think is the main character of this racket, i.e. the speed. My usual attack play with speed rackets from the backcourt is to use the whipping motion, or stick smash. Even this is quite difficult with this racket since the shaft is super stiff.

Overall a great speed racket. I am satisfied. But backcourt play is something that needs getting used to. The colour way could also be improved. It doesn't look flashy enough to be a top end racket to me, compared to say, the 90k metallic.

9. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Now, the freecore handle is kinda love & hate.
    Some like it but some hate it. Even Victor themself aware of this up to creating a branch on Ryuga model. metallic with wooden handle & pro with freecore.
    I wonder if its possible to just takeoff the freecore handle & replace them with common wodden handle. Or the opposite for one who like freecore, they could break the wood & put the freecore.

10. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I think changing the handle is possible, there is online stores selling just racket handles both wood & plastic handles. Also online tutorials on changing the handles as well.
    For me, personally I like the freecore handle as I've a re-occurring tennis elbow problem from playing too much. With freecore, the tennis elbow don't really bother me much.

Bieffe likes this.
  11. THOT

THOT New Member

Salut
    Très intéressé par la Hs Plus...J'aimerais savoir comment elle se comporte par rapport aux anciennes raquettes comme la Bs10, la Mxjjs. Est-elle vraiment en tête, légèrement en tête ou légèrement en tête ? Avec le noyau libre, le toucher est très différent mais on me dit que sur le Hs Plus, le toucher se sent plus rigide, plus proche du toucher bois, est-ce vrai ?

12. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    Mine is 4UG5.
    Final weight 87gr, strung with exbolt 63 27lbs, and used overgrip ibuki. Headweight 39gr
    Final balance point 308mm

I love the stiff feel.

Power? Its easy to generate power from this racket. Dont have issue hitting the sweetspot. I can throw a strong smash and doing lob really effortless. For netting, okay, i got a bit of time to adjust.

In short, I love this racket.

13. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

Would this racket be harder or easier to generate power than NF1000z or even AX100zz?

14. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

Yes

15. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

I’m asking because some people say easy but others say hard because it’s extra stiff yet fast. That’s why I want to compare it to other rackets like the 100zz or 1000z.

#35 frostcone, Jun 21, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
  16. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

I mean yes, it is easier than 1000z... I don't have experience with 100zz

17. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

One advice - unless you really can utilise the sweet spot at maximum, don't put the tension at high levels (27 onwards). This could make you feel like playing with a steel pipe if you not used to the stiffness.

#37 ZeroSOFInfinity, Jun 23, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2024
  18. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

Just so you know lead pipes are actually soft since lead itself is a soft material. Unless I'm slow and that's what you meant.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

19. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Let's change it to steel then.

20. Budi

Budi Regular Member

How about frying pan:p
    Tried friend racket once long ago with 35 lbs if i recall. The feeling is just dead steel planko_O.