Air Alert

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by wildstyler, May 1, 2003.

1. wildstyler

wildstyler Regular Member

student
    canada in the school year and hong kong in the sum
    Hi!

Has anyone tried this program? Because I'm in my first week and my quads really hurt, in gym class when I was running they were kind of spassing (don't know how to spell :p ) and cramping up, they really hurt right now. I was just wondering if anyone's done it for badminton, is it supposed to hurt this much and does it work well?

Thanks
    Wildstyler

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I have tried the program before. Its good. Its normal to feel pain here and there.. after a while it will subside.

3. ljq

ljq Regular Member

May i know what is a Air Alert program?

4. valourarc

valourarc Regular Member

Professional
    Hey Wildstyler,

I started my air alert last week and my legs are burning most of the week but it's mostly soreness. The first week is a lot of pain because you're not used to it yet.

ljq: Air Alert is a jumping program which increases a person's vertical almost a foot after the end of the program. The best part is that no weights are involved.

5. ljq

ljq Regular Member

Jumping? Do you mean you keep on jumping? Or do you mean others?
    Can you tell me about the exercises? I would like to do them too!

6. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    www.airalert.com looks tacky but they seem to think its good.just checked it out, 25$ -whats that in £? i rather you tell us how it works,it has obvious benefits if it does.

7. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    Its a combination of calf raises, step ups and jumps. The programme is completed on 5 or 6 days in the week I believe and the repetitions increase largely over 12 weeks so by the last week there is a huge amount of reps involved. I would suggest any players using this make a lower starting level and increase gradually to reduce injury risk, especially playing a match after doing this you would find your leg muscles severly tested.

8. seanrachy

seanrachy Regular Member

Technical Analyst
    These exercises are commonly referred to as plyometric exercises ...
    they are an effective addition to any fitness programme.

Check out www.netfit.co.uk for details on other exercises. Rather than pay 25$ you can design your own programme.

It is supposed to be high intensity so you woudl be crazy to do 5/6 times a week. Should be doing it more like 2 times a week (maximum).

Sean

PS: In fact due to the badminton (where some movements are just like plyometric work) I found my 10km running times had improved without doing a lot of running.

9. wildstyler

student
    Or... then again, you don't have to pay 25$ and get it off Kazaa free :D .

10. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

*Cough Illegal Cough* ;)

11. wildstyler

student
    Cough* But FREE Cough* :D .

12. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

This is slightly off topic but important nonetheless...
    I'm sure a few of you have heard about the success of apple/mac's music royalty system in which you pay $1 a song to download. It's very well done... and is becoming quite popular. With the next window's licensing system, it's quite possible that pirating will be significantly cut within 3 years and dead to the average consumer within 7 years. The internet has been pretty lawless but the law is catching up fast, with technological enforcement methods not far behind.

Sadly, this also means we won't be able to share badminton tournaments other than ones we record of ourselves.

13. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Hmm, I don't think pirating will come to a stop. There was a picture of some guy holding a Win XP CD 21 days before the initial release and the moment SP1 came out, 30mins later there was a work around for the keys it prevented. The activation with Win XP failed. It didn't do anythng and made people upset as they had to register their windows everytime they changed a piece of hardware or reinstall.

Yodums

14. ljq

ljq Regular Member

I've downloaded it. But... Some doc. say it is 2 times a week and some doc. say it is 5 times a week. So which shall i follow???

15. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

It's easy to find workarounds now, but it's definetly possible for all hardware to require the licensing system microsoft wants to implement, and they are lobby hard with success for the government to require hardware to require the licensing system to run. Even if there are still underground workarounds (those linux heads :p) my main point was that...

wouldn't you pay $10 to be able to download a high quality badminton instructional video? Badminton tournaments? etc etc. If things go digital and there are places where we can get them for some reasonable fee, i think most of us would support them. Especially if the workarounds are difficult and viewed as illegal. Afterall,, we don't steal hardware do we. If i *could* but badminton videos for less than $30 a disc i probably would

16. AhNgaU

AhNgaU Regular Member

I got up to week 8 in air alert, got too time consuming...i would think week 12 would take 1-2 hours to complete...and you don't want to 'just' train air alert do you? i gained about 4-5 inches on my leap...i can now touch a basketball ring, i'm 5'6-7ish...

not sure how much was psychological also, but i also started Hung Gar (gung fu) during this time, a lot of stance work, so i'm really not sure.

I typed up the program on computer, with full instructions on the exercises in Air alert II (i believe version III is out), a friend got it, and it's definitely not worth any 25 pounds.

17. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Maybe but 10.00-30.00 a disc adds up and the internet will be making so much money :) There's support and then I can't forget myself! Can't go poor after I bought like some hunderd matches :D

18. Majin Legacy

Majin Legacy Regular Member

Leapups - Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, and jump up looking
    straight ahead. Come down about 1/4 of the way and jump right back up. This
    completes one leapup.

Calf raises - Stand on something so that your heels are not touching anything,
    stairs, a book etc. Go all the way up and come slowly down. Do one leg, then
    the other, this completes one set.

Stepups - Get a sturdy chair or bench, put one leg on the chair, and push
    yourself off the chair with your one leg. While in the air, switch legs, put
    the leg that was on the ground on the bench, the leg that was on the bench on
    the ground. Do the specified number of reps on each leg.

Thrust ups - stand with your feet shoulder width apart, and lock your knees.
    Then jump up just by using your calves, only bending at the ankles. As soon as
    your land, go right back up. This completes one thrust ups. You can use your
    arms if you want.

Burnouts - Stand in the same position as thrust ups, and go up as high as your
    can on your toes. Then jump up only using the sides of your thighs and your
    toes - you must stay as high on your toes as possible throughout the exercise.
    You can use your arms too.

Ok, I am reading these exercises, but I don't understand all of them. Can someone do a simple run down on how these exercises are properly done?

19. Gryp

Gryp Regular Member

You can't ever stop piracy. Kazaa and morpheus and all the other file sharing programs are primarily for the n00bs who JUST found out about the possibility of NOT paying for stuff a few years ago with the start of Napster. All these programs did was draw more attention to piracy.

THere are plenty of other ways that are more underground.. not that difficult to access.. and will never die as long as the Internet lives and as long as people are human and don't like to pay for things.. there will always be rippers and crackers and hackers to circumvent any security measures.

So with that said.. don't worry about piracy becoming dead in the years to come.

All i can say is.. YAY NEWSGROUPS :D

Calvin

20. Gryp

Gryp Regular Member

FYI, it's now Air Alert 3 and it's less time consuming. Only 3 days a week except the 15th week (yes it was extended) which is 4 days.

I'm starting this program tmw (Monday).

Anyways it's not 25 pounds. Yeesh.. pounds.. lol.. it was $25 USD. But I don't care.. cuz I'm sending the VHS and instructions over to my bro in Toronto when I'm done with it.

Hey.. if it's gonna improve my vertical AND strengthen my ankles.. great.. i don't mind..

For you.. it really sounds like you just don't have the commitment to go through it.

Just 'train' air alert? Well.. i hate to say this but 12 or 15 weeks .. 3 days a week.. to improve your vertical by over a foot isn't too much to ask. What is that amount of time compared to how awesome you'll look when you dunk that basketball? YOu could if you gained another 8 inches by completing the program :O

Btw, my friend in Singapore did it. Damn.. lol.. crazy jump now.. considering he's already tall -_-;