cab 21

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sidesurfer, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Sidesurfer

Sidesurfer Regular Member

customer
    Anyone using cab 21 ? can this racquet hold tension 24main 26cross ?

Thanks
    SS

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I got one with that tension in Bg65. But not used much. the frame is still OK.

3. Sidesurfer

customer
    hmmm.......... i got one with this tension but the shape of the frame changed a lot, much narrow n i think it got 5 mm longer :| when compare with a long racquet < mp88 >, its top can touch the inside of the mp88:(

4. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day,

I had my cab21 strung with BG80 at 24x22 and it felt alright.... but it felt much better after tension has dropped about a pound.

Speaking from my personal experience I don't think Cab21 will benefit that greatly from having any more tension than 24lbs. A guy in my club has a Cab21SP strung at 25x24, BG66 and it did not feel any different from mine.

5. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    It shouldn't be a problem to string it at that tension. I strung my Cab20 Original and Slim-10 at that tension as well.

Wong Choon Hann uses this racket and as we know, the pros string their rackets at extremely high tensions. Shouldn't be a problem unless its 3U

6. GRObFURSt

GRObFURSt Regular Member

Year 10 Student
    What is this racquet like ? How old is the Cab 21 model ? What colour is it ?

7. Sidesurfer

customer
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Maybe 15-16 years old.

Does Chan CM of M'sia use this racquet?

9. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    If i remember correctly, Chan/Chew, Choong/Lee and Wong Choon Hann all use Yonex rackets. Chan/Chew and Wong all use Cab21. Thats what i remembered reading. Choong and Lee use a Ti-10 and Iso 800 respectively.

10. qwerty

qwerty Regular Member

how is it?

I just want to know what kind of a racket this is. Offense/defense? Is it head heavy like the Ti10? or even or light headed? What kind of players will be fit using this racket?

11. ayl

ayl Regular Member

G'day,

I have a Cab21 and I find it a nice balanced racket for all round use. It is slightly head heavy so it has good smash power and it is not too weighty, so it is also suitable for doubles as well.

The racket is also extremely durable. I have lost count of number of racket clashes mine has gone thru (one of the result destruction of another racket) and it still holding up like day one.

Personally it is my best all round racket. If I am having a bad day using MP100/77 I will always go back to Cab21 to save my day! :)

12. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

That Too when it is 2100Rs Only for Cab 21Sp. It is something like 50% the price of these Mp rackets and Plays Gr8. The best thing to do would be to strip the handle naked and then add some towel onto it.

Behold u have a Great lady in a Towel for ur service....(Exclusive)

13. DanielLou

DanielLou Regular Member

Student
    So this is a thread for Cab 21! :D

I broken my Cab 21 SP last night :( Though I still keep my first Cab 21(original, brought 5 years ago, might broken anytime) but not dare to use it anymore. Nowadays I can only find 21 SP and Special here (Hong Kong).

I am in searching for a new model. Any good suggestions? Well, I smash a lot and mainly play doubles (men's and mix). I have a Ti-10 too, but it's such a dumb racket in my hand and I was never able to get the same feeling with it as I have with Cab 21.

14. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Try a Cab20 or 22. I've got Cab20/21/22 and they are a great combo together!

15. DanielLou

DanielLou Regular Member

Student
    the new Cab 20 MP or the old Cab 20 (Tour)? My friend once got one of the old, but he broken it in its very first game. :D

Is Cab 20 good for doubles? I noticed quite a few single pros used to use Cab20, but not those double players.

16. ayl

ayl Regular Member

G'day,

I've got an old Cab20SP, Cab21AS and Cab22SP and I find the Cab20 the best all round racket, as it combines good control, feel and power.

If you are out to turn shuttles into pulp or play more aggresive doubles, Cab22 is probably the better choice as it is head heavier and packs a punch. It swings a little bit slower than Cab20 though. Control players should like Cab20 more. Cab21's performance is somewhere between Cab20 and Cab22.

17. DanielLou

DanielLou Regular Member

Student
    thx, ayl. my friend said she will be able to bring some new models for me to test first. I might ask her to include a Cab 20 or Cab 20mp.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Daniel, why don't you buy another cab21sp. They can still be found in HK, with a little effort.

The new cab20sp feel a bit lighter than the older models. I personally prefer the oler ones. It may be due to a slightly different composition of graphite used in the manufacter.

I quite like the cab22sp for doubles but because I like to play singles as well, I use the cab20 which is still quite popular amongst amateur players in HK

19. DanielLou

DanielLou Regular Member

Student
    good yet safe choice, Chueng. :)

I can get back my another Cab 21 from my friend this summer. Maybe I should get one more Cab21 for back up. :D I am afraid that sooner or later there'll be no more Cab 21 or 21SP, this is not because they are not as good as the new models, but becoz they make less profit for Yonex. Here friends around me never go for these antiques. I am the only one using Carb oval head rackets.

I'd like try something really different though, maybe just for my curiosity. If I find something I really like, I'd buy one.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I reckon you should get more cab21's!

Just like me with older cab20's...stocked up on them.

I played around with MP99. Seem a bit like cab21 with the slim shaft but slightly stiffer and the rotation along the axis of the shaft is a little more resistant.