Stringing with Eagnus Flex 740

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Sheraz, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Sheraz

Sheraz Regular Member

Hi,

I have just assembled my Flex 740 with fixed Badminton clamps. I have noticed something with them that to me looks like a problem.

The clamps are actually about 1-2 cm below the string when I feed it through the racket. When I clamp the string down it pulls it down quite a bit. This does not look normal. Is this normal or how it is suppose to be?

Also I can not raise the clamps any higher. Thanks.

2. okoman

okoman Regular Member

flex 740

Hi,

I use this same machine for stringing too. WHich clamps are you using? I bought separate badminton clamps and have no troubles.

QUOTE=Sheraz]Hi,

I have just assembled my Flex 740 with fixed Badminton clamps. I have noticed something with them that to me looks like a problem.

The clamps are actually about 1-2 cm below the string when I feed it through the racket. When I clamp the string down it pulls it down quite a bit. This does not look normal. Is this normal or how it is suppose to be?

Also I can not raise the clamps any higher. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I believe the Flex 740 uses swivel clamps, which can be raised up or down in the sleeves that hold them. You do not clamp the clamps on strings that are not tensioned. Try to tension the string and then move the clamp and raise it to clamp the just tensioned string, and then tighten the clamp knob. The clamp will then not pull the tensioned string down. Instead it should be at the same height as the string.

4. Sheraz

Sheraz Regular Member

I did get the fixed Badminton clamps from Eagnus. I don't see anyway to raise the clamps. What I did was take the clamps out from the packaging and I just put them in sleeves that hold them. In order to grip the string I have to lift the clamp up with my hand to grip the string.

I will try and take some pictures if I can. Sorry it's kind of difficult to explain.

5. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

I'm quite sure that how swivel clamps are supposed to work. The only time you may have a problem with them pulling the strings down is when you start the 2 middle mains. But, there're ways around that. You can hold the clamp up so the string's level as you tension, you can use a starting clamp, etc.

If the clamps are always on the same level as the stringbed, then you won't be able to manoeuvre them around (i.e., clamp off and clamp the adjacent string). :)

6. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    I use the Eagnas Flash 930 machine; once the string has been pulled to the desired tension, use the clamps to secure it. Yes the clamps will always be slightly below the racket head, this is for easy maneuverability. Once the string is “tied-down” with the clamps secured on to the bed, the clamps will not and shouldn’t come down with the string…..

7. Sheraz

Sheraz Regular Member

Thanks alot guys. I feel like an idiot after Quasimodo and malayali mentioned that it must be lower in order to manoeuvre the clamps. I didn't even think about that, I guess that comes with being a newb at stringing :(

To help with the 2 mains I have 2 of the same size rubber washers that came with the Badminton clamps so I can throw those on to help raise the clamps and take them off after.

8. ryeung

ryeung Regular Member

I'm a little confused. I have the Flex 740 and purchased the cheaper badminton swivel clamps. The clamps should have a spring on the post. This will keep the clamps up and when you position the clamps on the strings, you need to depress the clamp so that you can get it into place.

9. Sheraz

Sheraz Regular Member

Hi ryeung,

Mine did not come with the springs. I will call Eagnas and find out if they forgot to package the springs for the clamps.

10. ryeung

ryeung Regular Member

If you have the original tennis clamps that came with the machine, you can just use them on the badminton clamps.

11. Sheraz

Sheraz Regular Member

I only got Badminton clamps with my machine no tennis clamps. I strung 2 rackets today and the clamps are not to bad. It does not stop me from stringing. Eagnas wants $5 USD for the springs :(

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    What the hell is that??? It's like i buy a car 1st, then have to pay another $200 to get the seat belt. :confused:

13. ryeung

ryeung Regular Member

That's ridiculous. They should have come with the clamps since the clamps won't work properly without them. You can always go to your neighbourhood hardware store and see if you can find a couple of light springs. Just about anything will work, just make sure that it is a light tension spring.

14. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    The spring is useless. Give you more work, has to push down the clamp when move around.