La Fleche Ti 500 Racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by taneepak, Nov 22, 2004.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I was given a La Fleche Ti 500 racquet to test for about 2 weeks and I am pleasantly surprised by its performance. It is a very unusual racquet as it has a shaft that looks telescopic, with 3 different diameter shaft lengths, tapering from the handle towards the throat. The shaft is also longer than the AT700's shaft. The materials used are nickel titanium, high modulus graphite, plus tungsten.
    It is by a comfortable margin the most powerful racquet I have ever come across. It is more powerful than the Ti-10, SwingPower SX, SS, Boron 2, and the AT800OF. The La Fleche Ti 500 not only has exceptionally powerful smashes, clears and drives, its smashes are sharp that give you a feeling that your smashes are ending up nearer the front of the court than flattish. I don't know why, but I suspect the "telescopic" shaft has something to do with it, maybe another type of "kick-point" or a change in the normal bend/curve of the shaft when hitting a power shot.
    I am sold on this racquet and have just bought one, bringing my total racquet collection to 16, which is more than enough.
    The La Fleche franchise for China and Hong Kong is held by Insksport in Hong Kong. The La Fleche Ti 500 racquet is Inskysport's OEM product that is being sold by select retail stores, including Luxis. However, many clubs and coaches in Hong Kong are getting to know this racquet, with many Ti-10 owners buying the LF Ti 500.
    If you live in Hong Kong you should try to borrow from some one who owns one and try it out. It will be worth your while. :D

2. worms

worms Regular Member

if you like the lf-ti 500 wait till you try the lf-ti 600 its powerful ,very solid and the control is awesome

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I actually tested both the La Fleche Ti 500 and 600 at the same time. The 600 is slightly longer and is strictly a singles racquet. Yes, the LF Ti 600 is very powerful, especially in executing attacking clears. But for sheer power in executing sharp and killer smashes, clears and drives, the 500 is noticebly better. As I am too old for singles, I ended up buying only the 500.
    In fact, when Cheung Tung of Inskysport told me about his new OEM La Fleche racquet series, I was actually dismissive of them initially. It was only about 2 weeks ago that I met up with a former Guandong singles player, Lau Keen, whilst evaluating and commenting on his stringing job, that I asked him for his opinion about La Fleche racquets. He strongly recommended that I should try the 400, 500 and 600, citing the 500 as quite a performer. :D

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Worms, how did you manage to get a LF Ti 600 in the Phillipines? You must have bought it in Hong Kong from one of the many coaches at the various badminton clubs or from Luxis.

5. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

Hehe, u forgot something very important!!! The price???

Hehe, u forgot something very important!!! The price???
    :D That's most of the time the buying limiting factor :)
    is this a new brand?

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Yes, it is a new brand as it has been released for about 6 months, although they have held the La Fleche name franchise for Hong Kong for sometime. The price is HK$550 for the La Fleche Ti 500 Long and HK$680 for the LF Ti 600, both without strings.
    I believe Inskysport has agents for their La Flech racquets in the Philippines, Canada and China.

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Interesting!

Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of the racket, shaft and frame.. Sounds very interesting!

Cheers,
    Twobeer

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I don't have a digital camera. Perhaps I can ask Inskysport to email some photos to you and you can post them here?

9. shamoon

shamoon Regular Member

Claims Account Executive
    Where can I find this racket in U.S.A.?

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I tried to look at inskysports web site.. but both the cjinese and english version seems to be down :-(

Cheers,
    Twobeer

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

There is no La Fleche agent in the U.S. There is one in Canada. You can also contact Inskysport by email at inskysport@yahoo.com.hk and order directly from them. :D

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

You are right, the website is down. It will be up again after some maintenance work is finished in a day or two. The La Fleche racquets are featured in their website.
    As I said earlier I bought a new LF Ti 500 last Monday after having tested the Ti 500 and Ti 600 for a couple of weeks. I strung the racquet yesterday and played with it only once when I had some games this morning, because all the other players kept on borrowing it to test play with it. One insisted that I allow her take it away for a few days for further review by some of her friends.

13. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

bbesports.com have the lafleche racket pics - i have just seen them

For those who want the pics,
    bbesports.com have the lafleche racket pics - i have just seen them
    However, only chinese version of the site has it.

http://www.bbesports.com/racket_La_Fleche.htm

Regards

CS

14. ryeung

ryeung Regular Member

Do you have the name of the Canadian agent? Thanks.

15. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    does the brand have an agent in singapore?

16. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    I am also interested about the Canadian agent. Tanepeek makes the racket sound so crazily good :D

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The Canadian agent is Mr Percy Pun, #202-6742 Station Hill Court, Burnaby, B.C. Canada. His email is percypun@shaw.ca.

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Their China agent is bbesports, based in Sanshui (as in 3 water in Cantonese), although he has a store in Beijing. Contact 'phone nos. are 0757-87734440, 87718184, etc. in SanShui and 010-88388225, 88377742, etc in Beijing. The boss is a Cantonese, Mr Chan.

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

No, they do not have an agent in Singapore. You can contact Inskysport in Hong Kong directly.

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

They have an agent in the Philippines, Didi and Ann-Ann R Gullas, Colon Sreet, Cebu City, Philippines. Their contact 'phone nos. 416 8013-14.2532752, cell # 0917 6202011.