yonex web page in english?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by coandrew, Sep 28, 2003.

1. coandrew

coandrew Regular Member

broker
    hi anyone knows how i can view the yonex japan web page in english? its quite a comprehensive page of their products but unfotunately i cant read japanese. as for the www.yonex.com page which is in english its quite lacking in info with most models and info not available. thanks.

2. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Try Yonex.co.uk

It was set up about 2-3 weeks ago, but it is not as comprehensive as the Japan site

3. ynexfan2003

ynexfan2003 Regular Member

Part time (unpaid) wine tester
    You can try searching on the net for "online Japanese to English translators", however, the problem with machine translations is that the translations become quite garbled due to the impossibility of reducing idioms of modern languages to a linguistic matrix which a computer can understand. Ancient languages tend to work better with machine translation in this respect, particularly because in Latin & Ancient Greek there is less of an emphasis on word order (of prime importance in English). For example, the Altavista babel fish translator translates the description given on the Yonex Japan website of the AT-700 as "With the control support cap, to have it is superior easily in operativity" (sounds like someone I know, though, perhaps not as stilted). Translating from different Romantic languages such as French to Italian causes less problems than in Germanic/Teutonic languages such as English. In any case, I'm sure that if you use the translation service at http://babelfish.altavista.com you'll be able to glean the purport of the information given; and it's a reasonable alternative in this modern age where learning other languages for English speakers no longer seems to obtain.

4. coandrew

coandrew Regular Member

broker
    thanks guys. just another question, u guys know the badminton chart that shops has. the one where they have all the models and different specs. anyone know where i can get one of those? i tried asking the shop here if i can photocopy it but they dont want.

5. Baddie

Baddie Regular Member

I think you can find that chart in this forum. I have seen that before. Try the search function :D