Yonex in Taiwan

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bluejeff, Jun 20, 2003.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I guess this thread is going to belong to the equipment forum section......

In past two days, I went to the badminton stores eveyday.....and played and fooled with them everyday.....and I even become a friends of store owners......:p

They told me that, Yonex, is no longer offer any "Main dealership" in Taiwan.
    Now, all TW racquets, are straight from Yonex Japan (Yonex has opened it's own badminton dealer store in Taipei)......so now, the quality of Yonex should not be doubted anymore since it is running by Yonex-Japan directly.

So, every store in TW now....just buy their racquets from the main Yonex-JP store in taipei......much easier.

BTW, if you buy any TW racquet (yonex racquets), you will no longer see the special laser sticker on the handle like before anymore.:)

Just to let everyone know about this:)

PS:
    the laser sticker on the handle was designed by the old main dealer in TW...... it's called "Da-Wang"....and the laser sticker just indicated that the racquet is geniune.....nothing really special

2. Ken

Ken Regular Member

Student
    Hi bluejeff,

Many thanks for the above information.

Could you please let me know the contact address/number of the (Yonex) shop in Taipei?

Many thanks in advance!

Ken

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I don't know the exact number or address of the shop.....it's the only store in front of the NTU......so it's easy to find anyway.

4. mchou83

mchou83 Regular Member

FULL TIME Student
    OH..i know that store...
    but i don't remember the address..haha
    sorry guys

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Ha! :D
    I knew someone would know that store!! :p

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, for ppl have always refuse to believe this, i think it's still very hard to convience them just by "changing dealership".

Lol... don't want to start a debate again... ;)

7. coupii

coupii Regular Member

Physician
    Re: Re: Yonex in Taiwan

Hi LB,

I was wondering if you would be tempted to elaborate. My mom is going to be in Taiwan in a week and a half and I was considering asking her to check out getting some stuff for me. She will also be in Singapore first for a few days, and I don't know whether to ask her to shop for me in Singapore or in Taipei. She doesn't know the first thing about badminton equipment so I want to make things as straightforward as possible to get the most reliable equipment for the best price. She only barely knows what a racket looks like so definitely won't be able to tell fakes. Is quality a problem in Taipei? I used to have a TW Iso TI SP and... well it didn't quite feel right so your post here has me thinking.

8. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I would also like to know more details about the Yonex shop in Taipei. If they really sell Yonex Japan stuffs, then it would be a great news for me since it costs me less to travel to Taipei than Japan. :)

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    They really do, and that's how I got all my stuff. I think I have seen a lot of stuff on the Japan catalog been selling in Taipei.

Note:
    Rackets are still marked "TW", not "JP", but Yonex Japan is running the business directly in Taipei. The headquarter of Yonex-Japan in Taiwan is at the suburb of Taipei called "South Port":)

10. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    How about clothes and shoes ? I doubt whether they sell Yonex clothes from Japan because they are 2 to 3 times of the price of those distributed by the dealer in AP.

Same for shoes, why the AP version look similar to the Japan version, there are some differences on material and quality.

11. huijun

huijun Regular Member

engineer
    I am sure the yonex in Taiwan is running by Yonex-Japan directly. About the quality of the rackets, I think there is always a debate on this issue. About the the yonex clothes in Taiwan, they are made in Taiwan. About the shoes, they are not made in Japan. There is a store in Taiwan, they import the some stuffs including shoes and clothes and rackets from Japan. Here is the web site http://www.twsport.com.tw/default.asp
    You can also ask the boss to importing the stuffs you want when he go to Japan. But this will depend on his schedule, sometimes it will take a long time. This is my
    limited experiences.........:)

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Re: Re: Re: Yonex in Taiwan

If my initial statement confused u, I have to say sorry. When I was talking about the "quality" I was referring to the famous debating question "JP vs other code", NOT "real vs fake".

Many of my friends bought yonex rackets, gears, accessories from TW. The price is much cheaper than in North America, and the quality is decent. Did not notice too much difference between JP and TW. Therefore, I think it should be a good buy.

For ur case, I think either ur mom asks her relatives/friends (who has some badminton equipment knowledge) to go with her, or go to the reputable stores. This could be a safe choice. She might not settle for the best deal (in price) but should gurantee receive the much better deal than in N.A.

13. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Could you elaborate a little bit how to get there if you don't know the exact address ? What NTU stands for ? What is the closest rail station ?

14. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Yonex in Taiwan

This may be the case for racket and some accessories, but definitely not for clothes (and probably shoes as well) in the past - they are made with completely different material which anyone can notice the difference.

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yonex in Taiwan

Thanks for pointing this out. Yeah, I did not think too much when I wrote my previous post. When I saw the clothes, I only did paid some attention on the "look" and durability. For the material and comfortness, since I don't think I can take his shirt off and put it on me, never got a chance to think and test.

Sorry for the confusion.

16. coupii

coupii Regular Member

Physician
    From the website it looks like this store is located in Taichung. Am I reading it correctly? The prices they list on their website are indeed quite reasonable compared to NA prices. Do you have good experiences with this store Huijun? Do they have Yonex collar shirts there? The web page wasn't loading the clothing section too good for some reason.

Ricky, if I'm not mistaken I believe NTU is National Taiwan University. About 5 years ago a friend of mine told me there was a big Yonex store in Taipei, is this the one she might have been talking about?

LB, thanks for clarifying and for your advice. :)

Hmm.. I feel bad asking these questions in "Equipment." Maybe should be in "Marketplace?"

17. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    NTU=National Taiwan University
    When you get out from the MRT exit of NTU, take exit 4, then make a left at the very first alley, and you will see a big Yonex Sign.:)

18. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    There are 3 badminton stores in front of the NTU within 200 ft. The only one with the big Yonex sign is the most famous one; and I think you can find majority of Yonex stuff there. (I bought everthing in there and I know the owners of the store, they are great and friendly people!!!)

19. huijun

huijun Regular Member

engineer
    Yes, it is located in Taichung. I think it is not convenient for you guys to visiting the store. But they accept mail order and they will send you the stuffs to your home. If you have friends in Taiwan, I think it is more convenient. About the stuffs from Japan
    , the informations on the web site are not enough. The best way is to asking the boss according the model name on the catalog!