Strange top

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by p@p@k, Nov 16, 2007.

1. p@p@k

p@p@k Regular Member

I saw this recket on one Lithuanian player who said that their coach string recket this way. So I would like to know what do You think about that. Its a about last top row of a recket.
    The recket is Armortec 900 Power with BG65 string. Also it is 1 piece stringing with 2 knots.

I cant find any reason for this one. :confused:

Attached Files:

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Creative coach from Creative Stringing Class. Ask your friend how it plays. Because it will make AT900-Power to AT-900 Weak.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i have thot of going that way since the AT800 days but decided not to. The last cross is likely end up loose and wont provide the protection of mishit anyway.

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    dont wanna waste the string??hehe..

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

No, itis because of the tide off spot. There is a very long distance between the A5 grommet and A15 grommet. The top 2 cross will loss tension fast.

6. jerby

jerby Regular Member

look at where he ties off... top#15 (for the at900 pattern).
    If that string goes all the way around from #5 to #15 that will be one floppy cross.

The idea is probably to reduce mishits at the top, thinking the large gap on top makes strings break easy on mishits....
    It's also a surefire way to take away all feeling you can get out of your racket ;)

7. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    i used to string skipping one bottom line (string B7, skip B8, string B9). One day I decided to try it for the top (string T6, skip T7, string T8, i think or all numbers shifted one bigger). This was for a Carbonex 20 Muscle. It seems to hold tension pretty well. I was able to play with it without breaking the top part of the string. Strung it at 30lbs with a drop weight one piece method. Think the string dropped to 28 or 27lbs only after 2 months of using it (slight wear and tear on strings). However one day, i smashed and the framed crumbled (string still good). I don't know if it was because of the weird stringing method or the high tension (prolly a combo of both), but what i know was that it was a good tension holder (BG-65 string if you wanna know). At least for the traditional shaped racket =D. that's my two bits but yeah... i never did that again cuz i can't risk any rackets breaking =D

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    that's what i was hinting to;)

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The last top cross might not be weak, if you wave the top 1st, can go back to the 2nd to the last top. This is the same idea, as Yonex pattern for the last main.

This way, the 2nd to the last will be softer than the top one. But either way, not a good method to begin with.

10. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    that is a hilarious stringing pattern..=p