stringing pattern

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Vic, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Vic

Vic Guest

Hi everyone,

I have a TiSp sx strung with bg68 ti at 22 lbs. After only 8 sessions the 2 main strings in the middle broke. I've since had it restrung at another stringer who told me it was not strung correct. (there were 2 extra lines running cross at the bottom-this I was told was not yonex spec) Could this have been a contributing factor to the premature breakage? Also would this affect the sweet spot?

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I'd say this has nothing to do with the breakage of your string. Some stringers regularly add an extra line at the top or at the bottom, to prevent breakage from mishits near the frame.

3. Mike

Mike Guest

Depending on how hard you smash, 22 lbs tension with lots of smashing can put a lot of pressure on the string.
    Depending on where exactly the string broke. If it breaks exactly at the top of the grommet on the outside of the frame, then wear and tear may be involved in a 'weak' point along the string. If it breaks in bewteen the frame, then the string may not be sustaining the pressure or tension that good.
    Your second stringer seems a bit wierd commenting on the extra cross strings, as I totally agree with Mag with his explanation.

4. Vic

Vic Guest

Thanks for your input guys. I forgot to mention earlier that my back up racket,
    (iso 300 tour - bg 65 at 21lbs) has lasted 2 years playing on and off, and is strung "as per Yonex spec" . Just thought there was a correct pattern.

5. Mike

Mike Guest

BG-65 is still my favorite string. It lasts forever. I just don't have the same blessings with other strings. Some of them last only 2 months.

Main or cross, the last 2 strings on either ends usually do not bear much tension and should not contribute to any change of frame shape.