New player in Singapore looking for guidance or other players

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by PierreC, Feb 9, 2016.

1. PierreC

PierreC New Member

Hello everyone,

I am french and moved last year to Singapore (I am in Newton). In France, I was registered in a badminton club where I could go and meet other players (or have group class).

I am unsure how this works in Singapore. Would you have any hint to give me?
    Basically I would be looking for a place where I could play with other players and potentially get some advices. (I mainly play double).
    It is hard for me to describe my level. I would say advanced beginner maybe but I could be worse :)

Thanks for your advices and have a great CNY !

2. hew128

hew128 Regular Member

Previously IT
    Hi Pierre,

Many of the postings in the misc forums for Singapore are not clubs but groups, led by an organiser. There are hardly any registered clubs as per in Europe eg with proper clubhouse, etc.

As such, the grading definitions are not standardised. Rather they are loosely defined, as per set by the groups you join. When I was in NZ, they were using the Commonwealth grading system in the clubs. Australia uses a similar system.

Do not know how the clubs in France grades their players.

3. Urban Fool

Urban Fool Regular Member

Consultant
    You could post your location, preferred days of play and preferred game timings - and someone is sure to assist you in finding both a place to play and players/groups of your level.

4. PierreC

PierreC New Member

I am in Newton and am available for plays mostly in weekends or any day after 7pm or 8pm (besides Wednesdays and Fridays).
    Thanks for your help!