How to smash with a flexible racket

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Vinayak, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Vinayak

Vinayak Regular Member

Hey guys please i m not able to hit the shuttle with that power as i am using a flexible racket ....i earlier used muscle power 2 which impressed me alot so please guys suggest me how to improve smashes with a flexible racket?

Thx in adv.

2. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    Well, from my experience, using a flexible racket will lower smashing killing ability. Nothing you can do about that. Faster swing and a bit more contact time of the racket and shuttle may help.

But you can get more in your defence and won't get injured easily by the power feedback

basically it's a trade off.

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Three things:
    1) Practise
    2) Practise
    3) Practise even more

There is no magical trick and no shortcut. Don't focus too much on the racket since it is 90% your technique and maximum 10% the racket which bring the power into a smash.

4. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Without bend, flexible and stiff rackets hit the same (lol) so if you start with a slow swing (where swings with flexible rackets are like swings with stiff rackets), you can start with a similar smash and work up the speed, adjusting your timing as you go.

5. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I find that flexible rackets aren't as comfortable to smash with because the head lags behind your hand. It begins to get harder and harder to gauge as the racket flexes more with your swing, especially if you start to get faster or more powerful with the hit.

I prefer stiff rackets though, because I tend to use fast hits.

6. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

use your old racket you were able to smash with

why use a bad racket?! i never get that

i get more power out of rackets that are not too stiff

7. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Vinayak, you didn't read my reply for your previous post about smashing. You need the right tool to do the right job. Mini minor cant get you to 350km/h, you need a Ferrari to do that, but if you don't know how to drive a Ferrari fast you ain't get that 350 either.

Gpower likes this.
  8. OhSearsTower

well its actually pretty easy to drive 350 with the right car...no matter how good a driver you are or how often you have driven a fast car before
    totally different to playong badminton

i think the comparison limps :(

9. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Vinayk you could try what I did when I went from stiff to mid flex- to superflex

First try to control your swing and do not force or overcompensate the swing but just a moderated swing, then try to focus on your wrist and timing So don't pump it out- instead control yourself The power should come from the flex-catapult effect from wrist and timing through-out a controlled swing
    When you're playing with flex you cant just throw it along the lines with a wild swing, as you did with your old hammerhead
    Another thing is if you're player with temper, flexible rackets will betray you in every possible way, when I have one of those days I will pick up my super-stiff Vortex Radon and it will help significant But later that day my shoulder will be back in pain,, so if you doesn't suffer from injuries, go stiff again :) Super flex rackets are for old grey arthritic suffering men as undersigned !!!

10. Vinayak

Vinayak Regular Member

Thank u petersen yout msg is helpful

11. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

No Problem Vinayak just try to work it out methodical so you have a chance to remember what you did right or wrong,, suddenly its in the spinal cord

12. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Obviously you didnt get my point, same like vinayak. You need the right tool to do the right job. And you need to the right knowledge and skills to pull it off.

Do you think it is that easy to speed at 350 with the right car? Not in a racing track, on any road condition, even on congested road?? think again before you answer.

13. OhSearsTower

i have thought AGAIN now :rolleyes:

i still dont like the comparison

the car is immensely important, the driver can be extremely good but a bad driver will always be faster with a sportscar than a good driver in a slow car

with badminton racket that is just different, a very good player will always beat a bad player or novice no matter what racket they get. they can swip and swap and the good player can get a really bad racket and still easily win

and what is especially different: the fast car will always be the fast car against a slower car; in badminton one player likes one racket while another player of the same level needs a completely different racket to play his best, its very individual

PS: please dont drive fast on congested roads!! :p

14. Vinayak

Vinayak Regular Member

Hey guys your comments r really helpful

And by the way i m planning to buy muscle power 29 so it it right for me? If not plz suggest other racket in same price limit for smashes. And durable

Actually i m quite a good hitter in my locallity and love to hit hard .....and the racket must me 3u and weight of near 89 gm

Thank u guys

15. OhSearsTower

the only good way for finding out is testing different rackets

i would never buy a racket without using it before
    and i mean in real play, singles, doubles...not just shadowing

usually from clubpartners, some distributors also handout testrackets

i know some really hard smashers who use very flexible and partly headlight rackets btw...

Gpower likes this.
  16. Vinayak

Vinayak Regular Member

Hey guys plz tell me which is better muscle power 29 lite,arcsaber uplus 21,voltric d15,voltric uplus 1,muscle power 22......thank u guysss

17. Kikuhito Senshi

Kikuhito Senshi Regular Member

project manager
    Stiff racquets are sledgehammers; they are all about arm power and rotation speed.

Think of a flexible racquet as more of a whip; they play better with a wristy action.

Gpower likes this.
  18. Vinayak

Vinayak Regular Member

Bro im used to a stiff one and dont like these flexible once. ......and have muscles too

19. Kikuhito Senshi

Kikuhito Senshi Regular Member

project manager
    I bet you say that to all the boys :D

Gpower likes this.
  20. Vinayak

Vinayak Regular Member

Yess ur right ,actually i just bought a flexible one which annoyed me ....then i went back with me stiff one which won my heart again ....and now its broken and want a new one ......so do have any idea which one if these is good thank u