How to use Zf 2

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by tcs9633, Jan 3, 2016.

1. tcs9633

tcs9633 Regular Member

student
    Hi, i recently got myself a zf2 4u.. previously i used vt70 and it seems fine to me.. however zf2 for me it seem abit hard for to control. when i smash tht time, i felt like im going lose to the racket. can anyone tell me how to control this beast? thank you.

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

zf2 and vt70 are very different and have different technical demands. It's possible that zf2 just doesn't suit you. zf2 is harder to use and your technique needs to be pretty good to use it well.

If you're having trouble with it then I suggest going back to vt70, and in the meanwhile get someone, e.g. a coach, to help improve your technique.

3. jickman

jickman Regular Member

student
    ZF2, is hard to use because of the EXTRA stiff shaft. Pretty much the full power is you have to be behind the bird and burst that birdie down. Control wise, because of the stiff shaft should be enhanced. It's a matter of getting use to it, and definitely proper technique helps with any racquet.

4. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Small head shape, stiff shaft, head heavy; once you've mastered the racket, other rackets are much easier by comparison.

5. tcs9633

tcs9633 Regular Member

student
    thanks for the advice..

6. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

I am moving from head light flexible to medium stiff head heavy and finally to 3U ZF2. Take some time to master as I still hit the frame a couple of times last night when doing jump smash. I must say I love this beast and going to stay with it for a long time.

PS: remove the original grip if it is new, replace with YY AC102EX over grip or a karakal replacement grip if you prefer a bigger grip, then you wont have the feeling of loosing your grip to the racket.

7. entity

entity Regular Member

Like you I gradually moved from a 3U VT70 to a 4U ZFII. The medium stiff to extra stiff shaft took some getting used to, but the 4U in the ZFII aids the transition. Smashing feels more controlled on the ZFII though, not sure what you mean by losing to the racket?

Both are great rackets by any measure, patience a little more training may be rewarding.

8. R@hul

R@hul Regular Member

Follow these things..
    1. Do 15 min baseline to baseline practice.. This will improve your power requirement, your timing and consistent hitting through sweet spot
    2. When u smash hit the shuttle in front of your body.. One feet.. Don't hit it on top of your body..
    3. Most imp thing is.. Ur follow through.. After hitting the shuttle do proper follow through.. Watch international badminton matches.. Super series..
    4. Do more practice than playing game..
    5. All the best...