Not on form

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Jordanismee, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Jordanismee

Jordanismee Regular Member

Student
    Guys is it just me or you guys sometimes feel not on form enough? I train 3 times a week and during training session I sometimes feel weak I don't know why and sometimes I feel very strong and can play very well

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

pay attention to your diet and hydration.

3. phili

phili Regular Member

Besides your diet you need to make sure you get enough rest/sleep.

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Not being on form can have many reasons. You can be physically fine, but not psychologically for example. Just the way it is sometimes.

5. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    Try stretching certain parts of your body. Sometimes your leg muscles could be still tight.
    Try stretching IT band, glutes, hip, quads, hamstring, and upper back using a foam roller/tennis ball.

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It just so happens that from time to time every one of us simply has a bad day (in a worst case even bad weeks) on which just can't perform on your best level. The list of possible reasons is endless. Psychological stress due to trouble in the job or relationship, physical stress due to overtraining or minor injuries, a looming infection, lack of motivation...

And on top of that, it's sometimes only a wrong self-perception which is fooling you by focussing far to much on negative aspects of your game and completely ingoring the positive ones.

Tip for the OP - take notes when you feel these weak phases and have a look at your trainings routine the days before that. And then make sure that you have enough resting phases included in your trainings routine. And in case you feel a bit shaky during these weak moments, try to eat some chocolate or a fruit/cereal bar and see if the situation improves. If you start to feel better, this could be a sign of a too low bloodsugar level.