Choosing racket.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by vibgyor1111, Oct 10, 2015.

1. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

I've recently bought a few rackets. Trying out different types and weights. Currently going between thrusterk9000, nanoray 700rp, voltric 80(4u). Trying to identify which one I like best. Would you suggest playing only one racket when I play for a few hours, or switching between rackets during one session. TIA.

2. laze2004

laze2004 Regular Member

Student
    Just to make sure, you are asking the method of comparing racquets, right?

I will suggest you to keep switching between rackets between the same kind of returns (i.e. TK9000 vs Voltric 80 for clears).
    Reasons IMO:
    1. I don't have good muscle memory for comparing different racquets in a few weeks span.
    2. The status of my health differs each day (i.e. I play better today due to a better sleep ystdy night).
    3. My body will get used to a racquet after a 15min warm up. (e.g. With vt80, my shoulder and elbow will be providing more power to help adjusting angle, since my wrist is too weak to smash by its own.)
    4. Your opponent can give u feedback about the power/speed/angle of your returns with different racquets. (Assuming he won't be only playing with you every session and only remember your performance.)