Coaching Success and Motivation--Your Input Needed!

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by griffithar24, Jul 3, 2015.

1. griffithar24

griffithar24 New Member

Hello Coaches!

My name is Amanda Start, and I am currently taking a break from coaching to pursue a doctorate in sport psychology at the University of Idaho.

As a former basketball coach and a current “mental” coach, I am fascinated by how coaches handle their successes. Some coaches will shout about their successes from the rooftop, whereas other coaches prefer to keep their successes to themselves. Some coaches feel empowered by their successes whereas other feel a bit intimidated.

Which coach are you?

I would love to hear about how each of you deal with your successes, so I have set up an online survey, which will take about 5-6 minutes to complete! This survey is actually a part of my dissertation research, which is the final step before I can graduate…and get back to coaching! If you’d like, I’ll even post what I find to this thread!

To access the survey, please copy and paste the following URL in your web browser: https://uidahoed.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3wqQMM21ZGVDI3j.

Your input and experiences are invaluable, and they will help researchers like myself better understand what motivates coaches and what keeps coaches in the game! What does this mean for you? This means that we can help you maximize the impact you have on your athletes and help you become the best coach you can be!

Please know that this study has been certified as exempt by the University of Idaho (Protocol 15-841), and participation is voluntary and anonymous. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at star9677@vandals.uidaho.edu.

I sincerely thank you for your time and consideration, and I wish you all the very best in your upcoming seasons!

Regards,

Amanda Start
    Doctoral Candidate at the University of Idaho
    Email: star9677@vandals.uidaho.edu