Badminton-training.com

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Cheung, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    http://www.badminton-training.com/basics/tactic/

Here's another resource to have a look and learn from.

It seems the author went to Leeds. :) (Thought I would slip in that significant fact. Haha)

I haven't had time to look through the site yet.

2. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    I must be missing something, it seems to be a German coach and website but has English site sections. Quick glance seems to be promising, thanks for sharing :)

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.

3. Coach_Ruhnow

Coach_Ruhnow Regular Member

Coach
    Thanks - also thanks for posting Cheung. Actually I am German, working for the German National Team - also, I am working on my MSc-Thesis, enrolled in Leeds (UK).

There are mainly two websites, the older one (started in 2011) is completely German (http://www.dr-badminton-training.de), the newer one (started 2013/2014) is filling up. If you have suggestion about articles, let me

4. Coach_Ruhnow

Coach
  5. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

Having used his site as an inspiration for my own coaching, I must say the exercises are excellent.

So thanks Diemo for putting all this stuff online!

I can truly recommend this website.

6. Coach_Ruhnow

Coach
    Appreciate the feedback - thank you!

7. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    It's a very useful website and well written. I particularly like the footwork section. In terms of suggestions, I would very much like to read more about different ideas on tactics and strategy against different players such as what shots to play in different situations, or what shots not to play.

8. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Thanks for the clarification Ruhnow, I will go through the site in more detail later and offer feedback.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Household tasks are easier and quicker when they are done by somebody else.

9. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

had the pleasure visiting one short seminar last year

very good coach!

10. Coach_Ruhnow

Coach
    Thanks the compliments and for the feedback on http://www.badminton-training.com - I will try to put in more tactical things in the future. If anybody had written something interesting and profound on any training related articles, I be happy to check it and post it on the site.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I have been through the footwork exercises. This is an area I am particularly interested in as I seem to write about it a lot on the forum(!) I think that footwork is the most important part of the game as good footwork gets you to any part of the court in a comfortable position.

Some nice exercises on the starting speed. I note, that you showed the exercise for starting to move after the shuttle has crossed the net. I like that one. A lot of times we do say time the start to the opponent's striking of the shuttle as it is the most easy marker of timing for those who who are still learning the basics of movement (but possibly have played many social games).

12. Coach_Ruhnow

Coach
    The problem with that point is, that even some of the better juniors time their split step with the racket impact, but at that point most of the time, you do not know where to go. So the best description would be, a) to time the start, when you know where to go and b) to time the beginning of the split step near "the racket impact". I do agree with beginners, it could be a method (not a principle) to make a split step and start at racket impact. most of the "social games" beginners stand on the whole foot and do not split step at all.

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I also have to give a big thumbs-up to Diemo for putting all this stuff together and providing it for free. We tried the "Korean Exercise" during our last club training and it was a real eye-opener to all of us. It was so incredibly hard in the beginning to resist your reflexes and to wait for your eyes to really see the flying shuttle but still to keep the tension.

Actually, we were laughing so hard that our coach came over to have a look at what we were doing and after explaining it to him, he wanted to try it for himself ("...that couldn't be that hard, could it?!"). And well... he was quickly convinced that it actually IS hard since he ended up toppling towards the net over and over again... :D

He then wanted to know where I found this exercise and I guess he is now looking all over your site to find some more mean exercises which he can use to get some revenge during our next training session.