Forehand serve

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by ShuttlePower, May 14, 2015.

1. ShuttlePower

ShuttlePower Regular Member

Mostly in singles we do use the forehand serve often rather than the backhand serve. But nowdays mostly in major tournaments players tend to use the backhand low serve, any reason for this???

2. m3w78

m3w78 Regular Member

real estate
    So they're forced to lift to you.

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

The pro's rather deal with deceptive flat lifts or net replies than power jump smashes right from the beginning of the rally, I guess. ;)

4. captivated

captivated Regular Member

I would say that the pro have great footwork and stamina.. If its double backhand is rather great.. Deceptive esp when flick.. Same goes for singles but u have to b fast covering the court.. That's y the females go for forehand high serve and most males would go for backhand.. So insingles i would play the backhand if i have the stamina and most of the times high forehand to preserve them when competing with great opponents.. For doubles purely backhand cause it would force a lift most of the time and i have a teammate to cover up my back so.. Nevertheless both r great u dont have to imitate the pros play the way u prefer..

5. ShuttlePower

[MENTION=121219]m3w78[/MENTION] [MENTION=102521]Rob3rt[/MENTION] thnk u for ur ideas guys..

6. ShuttlePower

[MENTION=121795]captivated[/MENTION] so wht about the backhand high serve..??

7. captivated

captivated Regular Member

If u have a crazy backhand u may try that.. Hahaha.. Normally the serve has to be very high to the rear court.. Unless it's flick serve fast and long but not very high... It's normally a deceptive serve to get the opponent out of position.. But it's close to worthless if u use it constantly

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I guess you are talking about mens singles as women still use the forehand serve a lot.

I'm sure there are other reasons but one of the reasons is because in MS the low serve is used most often now as the modern game is generally about getting the attack first. For low serves, the BH serve is probably more consistent and being slightly closer to the net, it gives the opponent less time to react.

9. MSeeley

MSeeley Regular Member

Professional
    Does Jan Jorgensen still use a forehand low serve?

10. ShuttlePower

[MENTION=121795]captivated[/MENTION] [MENTION=4876]R20190[/MENTION] thnk u mates..