RSL Gold & Classic's durability.

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Cloudx, May 10, 2015.

1. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Guys, was wondering have anyone used the latest batch of RSL's shuttles? I'm an avid user of RSL's shuttlecock & been switching from gold to classic series from time to time. However lately I notice that the durability of the shuttles has degraded by a lot. Classic Tourney shuttle can't stand a game of smashing singles game, after a few smashes and the shuttle will run out of shape. Tourney no.1 feather's will come off just after 1 game of normal double games.

It's rather disappointing as previously RSL shuttle are durable and of high quality. Has anyone experience the same issue as me? Right now I'm looking for an alternative for RSL, can anyone share their experience between Protech & RCL series?

Thanks

2. Jimmy Ng

Jimmy Ng Regular Member

Sales Manager
    RSL classic shuttlecock flight speed tend to.slow down mid of game. hence, most of the time...will.increase ur game rally and shots. logically it will damage faster with more hits to it. RCL is much better with consistent speed. RSL Classic same grade with RCL.black no.1 or platinum series.

3. iceananas

iceananas Regular Member

I also opened a thread some month ago about this topic. It seems like the Classic are becoming worse and even use duck feathers. The durability is not funny anymore considering the price. I moved to Victor GoldChampion/MasterAce and Babolat 1. Man these are just a complete higher class of shuttles.

4. phili

phili Regular Member

We experienced the same in our club. The durability has declined by quite a bit.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Have you tried dipping the feathers in water? I find that doing this a few days before playing really extends the life of any shuttle without much affecting the nice crisp feel.