JJS or LHI?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RVStrike13, Mar 26, 2015.

1. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    I have a chance of obtaining either the Brave Sword Lee Hyun Il or the Meteor Jung-Jae Sung. My current racket is the Arcsaber Z-Slash I would like something with the same type of shaft. Thanks in advance. I play singles but will be playing doubles very soon, I'm a very attacking player as well. Thanks in advance.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

JS10.........no contest....

3. Kmwong93

Kmwong93 Regular Member

If really have to choose among the two I'll take jjs ba. But I think it will be better if you can consider other choices.

4. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    If you really want to give these rackets and other Victor rackets a try come to George Brown College Badminton club or the Ryerson Badminton Club downtown. You can PM me for details.

Otherwise, if you're playing the Bujak Tournament at the new Markham Pan-Am Center Easter long weekend i'll be around.

In my bag now: JJS, BS09N, BSLHI, TK9000 (All 3U)...and if Canada Post is true with their expected delivery date, then I'll have a 4U JS10 Friday.

I find the JJS more all around for my style of play plus I use it for both singles and doubles. Has better pop compared to the LHI. LHI is a bit more maneurable. The head coach of the York University badminton team is a big fan of the LHI if you want his opinion.
    There are Li-Ning

5. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I had a quick go side by side, both 4u. Speed and stiffness very similar but jjs was more stable and Consistent when it came to power and accuracy. Longer shaft on the lhi.

6. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Haven't tried the JS10, but of the two you listed I prefer the LHI. I mostly play doubles, so the frame is really helpful on drives and defense.

7. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Neither the BSLHI or the JJS will give you the same stiffness as the ArcZS. The JJS has the more solid and stable head but is much stiffer than the ArcZS.

The BSLHI is a little stiffer than the ZS but is just as fast. Balance wise, the JJS is closer to the ZS than the BSLHI.

I used to play with the ArcZS and it is a very unique racquet. It has a very unique punch and there is nothing I have come a cross that gives the same feel. But having moved to the BS racquets, the one I personally prefer is the BSLHI. It is my current favourite racquet.

If you prefer a similar shaft stiffness I would suggest the BS12 or BS12N.

8. RVStrike13

Student
    Thanks for the reply guys i'll definitely expand my market!

9. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=4876]R20190[/MENTION]
    Wait till you give the JS10 a couple of swings and hits... ;)

10. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    "Darling, it's this voice in my head, some visor chap keeps telling me to get stuff... rkep socks, ZM69F, 66FP, JS10 can't you hear him? I must obey, must buy!" :D

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Hehe...with $3 socks and $6 strings, fortunately our hobby is not too expensive, unlike golf or cars or audio etc... :)

12. RVStrike13

Student
    Hey guys so the range has opened up to either the Jetspeed 8PS or the Jetspeed 9! what would feel the same compared to Z-slash out of those two?

13. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

None, the Jetspeed line has, except for the JS10, the long handle + short shaft combination that is completely different from the extra long shaft of the Z-slash