looking for new racket for my friend

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Avenger, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    so, my friend is currently using AT900P, he is thinking to get a new racket (well, I think needs to get a new one too lol)

IMO, this racket is really not suitable for him, he is so skinny, only 53kgs. he said he is fine with the racket, and looking for something similar to it but faster.

if I think logically, the next racket that similar to AT900P is Vt80, but he seems interested with VTZF2 (I don't think he can handle it)

any recommendation? Yonex or victor only. I want to recommend him a victor, but not sure which one has the similar feeling with At900P

2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Dont know much bout AT900P. IME, the closest Victor racket to VT80 would b TK-9ooo. In terms of stiffness, it is somewhere in between VT70 n VT80. Its less head heavy than both n swings faster with a more compact head frame.

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I'm with teddy in recommendations. However weight and build IMO do not have a big impact on racket choice. If he has the muscles in the right place as well as the technique and swingstyle that fits a stiff head heavy racket then he is no more as risk of injury than you or I. I used to be around that weight range as well and have skinny Asian arms and wrists but I'm confident enough to handle nearly any racket spec thrown at me. The only long term recurring injury I have picked up is really a sore shoulder from overuse.

4. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Thats just so true... have seen some players, both men n women, shorter, smaller n skinnier than most. But omg, can they play so damn well surpassing most of us...

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    sorry for late reply
    TBH, it doesn't suit him that even makes him change his grip style (he grip the handle like gripping a baseball bat)
    that is why I prefer something less stiff, and maybe less head heavy for him

6. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    I haven't used the AT900 but I think he should demo the Victor MX90, slightly head heavy but aerodynamic and fast.

7. cann777

cann777 Regular Member

try victor tk7000s