Physical Training Regime

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Charlie-SWUK, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Sup guys!

So, I got out of shape over the last couple of years, and badminton has helped me to get back on form. Now I want to bring it up a level.

I've devised a training regime to follow week 1-3, including the order I intend to do the exercises in.

exercises.jpg
    (It won't let me delete the previous one, I broke this one up better with warm down highlighted)
    (From left to right, it's the exercise followed by repetitions, it's organized this way in case I change to 12-10-8)

The only weights I have available are dumbbells. I am not allowed to do exercises such as bench press.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

I also have scissor steps (for each direction) as a possible exercise, but I don't have the space to do those at the moment, and I think my legs would be a bit tired.

Attached Files:

#1 Charlie-SWUK, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

wtf is this list? I don't understand it honestly!

For general fitness I would simply recommend you to do a standard strength program twice a week (squats, deadlift, barbell row, overhead press, pullups, with a HEAVY barbell) and go running twice a week for 45min. Once easy jogging and one time a bit faster (maybe with some intervals).

That sums up to 4*45min=3 hours of additional physical work. If you do that for 3 months, you will see the results.

For badminton specific fitness, I would incorporate chinese footwork, rope skipping, shadow drills and multifeeding in my badminton routine to become quick on court.

Core stability exercises are a thing every serious athlete does anyway, so I don't mention it...;-)