Need advice from u guys..

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by wenjiang88, Dec 20, 2014.

1. wenjiang88

wenjiang88 Regular Member

Below are the racket that I've owned:
    Bs12n 3u
    MxJJS 3u
    Vt80pg 3u
    ZF 2 4u
    BS 15 3u

For Bs12n: I've play really well in drive shots, defensive and drop shots, one of the fastest racket I ever had.. But 1 major things it holding me back is on the smashing.. I've given my best shots on it but still feel slow.

MxJJs & VT80pg : This 2 rackets gave very impact on smashing and sharp drop shots .. No complaint on the smashing and always does the killing at back courts.. But come to front courts a major tuning have to be done due to it's slow maneuver .. I've find it slow respond when playing with fast pace opponent..

Vtzf2 : this racket is a beast as well.. Killing machine .. Smashing power is awesome but only able to play up to 3 sets.. After that my arms become numb and got injured before too.. Overall very good racket but still slow repsonse

Bs15: Have the smashing power and fast too but sweet spot and frame of the racket are quite small.. When it come to defense, opponent with great smashing u tend to return half courts most of the time.

Can u guys advice me what is the racket that play like bs12 but given u the power of smashing ..

Thank you.

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Next best upgrade I can think of would be an MX60 or BS11/LHI. But if you can take really stiff then the BS10 would be a solid choice too. Nice stiff shaft gives plenty of power but even balanced doesn't let you down on the front court.
    Yonex wise the Arc11 would be a sound choice.

#2 Ch1k0, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  3. jak nam

jak nam Regular Member

wow those are all decent rackets. how about getting a training racket next to get stronger and better technique. this way you can keep using the rackets you currently have.

#3 jak nam, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  4. wenjiang88

Thank for the advice Mr ch1k0, one of my friend recommended me to get Bs LHI as well..

Hi jak Nam, all those racket that I have, can play during social game and play during training.. When come to tournament, it is different, when u have to play 3 games 6sets in a day to reach semi.. And also facing those hidden great players, a strong solid racket for smashing is not the solution.. If I can find a racket in between bs12 fast maneuver and quality of jjs smashing power it would be awesome for the next tournament..

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    There is always a trade off. I'm using BS10 (5/5) since it's release and can say that is quite powerful. But you should know that every racket type has an area where it shines and some areas are not so good. If you get pain from a ZFII after 3 sets, it's the wrong racket for your current abilities and strength. You have a fine and good arsenal of high end rackets. To blame a racket for every weakness is not the key to become a better player. You should accept that your defence is not strong enough to defend fast smashs with a head heavy racket and your technique and strength is not decent enough to generate a decent smash with your BS12. You can train, train and train and get better in every area. That takes along time but is the key insteed of changing rackets like underwear.

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    MX60 is slower than JJS surely? BS LHI is probably a good shout, BS10 is worth a go if you can find one. Not as demanding as I thought.

7. wenjiang88

Agree with u Mr ucantseeme.. All the racket has its special abilities and training play the major role as well.. Skills are more important than rackets.. In order to enjoy the game, your weapon have to combine with u to give u the satisfaction.. When u straight jump into the conclusion that I'm blaming all the rackets and judging the techniques of playing is a little unfair.. But thanks for the advice too..

Mr duckfeet, yes I'm really keen to test out Bs LHI and bs10 too.. A friend of mine who own this 2 racket said it is light, fast and have good smashing power too.. Thanks for the advice bro..

8. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    While I agree that a racquet change won't make you a better player, I do like to match the racquet/string to the hitting style. One less thing to think/worry about and if you get more power for now downside, or you don't like what you have, then why not change racquet?

I've tried a BS12 too, didn't seem lacking in the power department but it was quite a head heavy specimen. 300bp wet!

9. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I've had bs12, BS LYD (gen1/2), mx60, mx jjs, mx London, tk8000, tk9000 and BS LHI.
    The BS LHI is by far my favourite. It's stiff enough but not extra stiff and gives good power and still has very good defence. I have 3 of the BS LHI as my match rackets for this season.

10. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Of all Victor sponsored players, i RARELY see anyone use Thruster series except Tai Tsu Ying (TK7000S). Being as head-heavy racket among all Victor rackets, it seems like Thruster isn't selling quite well unlike Voltric series of Yonex. Can anyone enlighten as to why Thruster isn't used by all korean/indonesian MD/MS/XD? Even Ahmad/Natsir prefer Jetspeed instead of TK. For all korean players, majority use BS12 wi very few choose JS but NONE use TK.

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Just like for us common folk rackets are a personal preference for professionals. I doubt there is anything major that makes the BS or JS better than the TK. It could also come down to the possibility that the Koreans at least have from junior years been introduced to and used the BS series so they just prefer it by nature. I can definitely see that happening as I keep going back to my BS rackets despite giving the TKs a fair chance. It's not that there isn't a good racket. It's just a personal choice.

12. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Or Victor's envelopes pushed around to its sponsored players r not as thick as those by YY...
    [ □.□]

13. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

Nanoray 900! fast for playing at front and variety of shots yet still gives me power when smashing at the back, and its not tiring to fire smashes within whole 2 hour session, my VTZF will give me sore arm after 1.5 hours of all out attack, check out Nanoray 900 for sure you wont be dissapointed (^_^)v

14. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    There are koreans who uses Tk bae yeon ju used

15. bjfai

bjfai New Member

bs12,if you get krp player,version will be more stiff,so smashing will be stronger for this version,same as tk9000,i tested my code ,but with krp code ,you may feel head heavy abit and more stiff,i love it.

Attached Files:

16. wenjiang88

Thanks for all the valuable advice from u guys.. Will get either bs LHI or bs 10 soon..

17. wenjiang88

Just curious.. Is LYD bs12 are really bs12krp or is a total different racket from the commercial one

18. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    Mybadmintonstore is selling player batch racket right now

19. leejunlong999

student
  20. leejunlong999

student
    But y bother buying player specs?u wont play like them anyways. Y not find the racket which really caters to u and find ur own style of play