Alternates to Arc 002?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RobbieS, Dec 18, 2014.

1. RobbieS

RobbieS Regular Member

After much trawling through the materials posted on BC, I bought the Arc 002 about 6 months back. I love the racquet, but now feel like I should try something else as well. :)

I like control, slightly defensive style with more long clears, drops and net play than smashes. Mainly play singles though do play doubles regularly where I like playing from the back.

Though I am a lifelong Yonex guy, I can try out a Li Ning as these two are the only brands available in a number of stores where I live.

Would love your suggestions!

P.S. Budget is a constraint, so a racquet near about the Arc002 price range will be best

2. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

How much did you pay for the Arc002?

3. RobbieS

RobbieS Regular Member

Converted to USD, I'd say around $45.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    To be honest, you should stick with the Arc 002. It's difficult to get a higher racket in the Arc Saber range for something close to 45$. You can try a nanoray, but IMO it's wasting money. I would try to save money for around a half year and buy something more high end. You will improve in this half year alot, if you play and train alot. Maybe your style will change and develop in a different manner.
    Here, at BC, you read alot of worshipping the racket. Sometimes it's really necessary to buy a new racket, but most people here are freaks and collectors.
    Maybe you play with the factory string, and can try different set ups on your current racket. It will change something and maybe you hadn't got the best out of your racket, yet. :)

5. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

It would be hard to get an equivalent for Arc 002 in Yonex or any other brand. One of the best trait of Arc 002 is that its a forgiving racket and its easy to play with it.

However if you feel that you need alternatives, you should consider rackets that are easy to play with. Muscle Power 29, and as [MENTION=59291]ucantseeme[/MENTION] suggested, Nanoray (20) are options worth trying. They will be a different in feel though.

6. RobbieS

RobbieS Regular Member

What you say does make a lot of sense. I do play with the factory string. I will wait untill it breaks and maybe then try a different tension. On that note what tension do factory strings have if the range says 18-24? Is it like different parts of the head have different tensions?

7. RobbieS

RobbieS Regular Member

Yes, its definitely forgiving. I have hit against a partner's raquet a couple of times but it has withstood impact every time. I hope I don't jinx it now.

I know a MP29 lite; haven't seen a just MP 29 though.

8. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Yes I meant the mp 29 light. And by forgiving I meant easy to play and forgiving our techniques. :D

#8 sayshh, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  9. RobbieS

RobbieS Regular Member

Ahh..got it. Just for the sake of asking though, which of Li Ning's racquets come closest to Arc002.